PDA

View Full Version : For Honor behavior

Liargame1
03-22-2017, 12:25 PM
Dear Ubisoft

I love this game, I enjoy it a lot, having over 100 hrs into the game I noticed something, players are really really REALLY toxic. I am just a lonely Berserker trying to have some fun. Every time I beat someone they either call me bad,say racist comments like the N word, or tell me to kill myself. Im not even playing warlord to earn these Offensive titles. Well the point is that I suggest that you guys need to add a report Player for behavior button, or at least add a mute button beacuse its really hard to ignore these harsh comments especially since the game is not fully fixed with everything that going on. People rage, I rage, I do but i keep it to myself. I really think this is something you guys should look out for beacuse the community in-game is becoming more and more toxic.

Sincerely,
Beserker Main

maXmood
03-22-2017, 12:46 PM
you can mute and report players through the dashboard or by going to their gamer profile. because if they add this in-game, then everyone would abuse it.

AKDagriZ
03-22-2017, 12:54 PM
toxicity level is worst in deadmatch . Also with my rep 12 hero I don't feel much like going brawl or duel .If i had a bad match or a low level player kill me because he fought well against me .They will inevitably tell me how much i didnt impress them or How bad i am for such a high level

But i have to say , toxic player in deadmatch are kind of intertaining !

DrExtrem
03-22-2017, 01:01 PM
One of the reasons I prefer to play vs AI.

chiller2k3
03-22-2017, 01:04 PM
4v4 mode community is worth than LoL community.. And that's means a LOT!! xD
Well, in 1v1 or brawls I meet a lot of nice people though.

Cheers

guffffff
03-22-2017, 01:13 PM
This game is very intense and close-up personal, unlike say Battlefield 1 were you can snipe or spam at a distance,and you simply cannot have a nice relaxing game, its not possible! Its very satisfying to win a fight and very disappointing to lose, its extreme and there is no middle ground. Its also very addictive (adrenaline) but tbh I dont think I could handle the stress of 1v1 against people and that is the best mode for this game. Some games I am physically shaken by the intensity of the fight, win or lose, so some people are gonna over-react and be idiots and probably regret it later. I expect one of the reasons less people will play this game is because of how intense it is and how you really have to be on top of your game to even compete. I cant say I have come across a bad player they all seem like experts lol

Gray360UK
03-22-2017, 01:21 PM
I find the Brawl community the worst. There are too many people in 4 vs 4 for anyone to grab your attention unless they've done something spectacular, but in Brawls and Duels it's far more personal. I avoid those two modes like the plague, but whenever I feel forced to do them for an Order that will be the one time I get some kind of toxic / hate behaviour from an opponent. Lot of messed up people in the Brawl community.

L647
03-22-2017, 01:39 PM
Who cares? SERIOUSLY, WHO CARES? its a bunch of words made out of pixels in a virtual reality. Stop being a ***** and untuck you're balls... do you think there's a mute button when you play sports and the other team is trash talking?

The_Blockade
03-22-2017, 01:46 PM
Who cares? SERIOUSLY, WHO CARES? its a bunch of words made out of pixels in a virtual reality. Stop being a ***** and untuck you're balls... do you think there's a mute button when you play sports and the other team is trash talking?

In sports you can get banned from the match instantly if you're caught trash talking, depending on the referee of course.
Just because immature kids are hiddin behind their screens it should not be a free pass for them to swear at other people or telling them to "kys".

DrExtrem
03-22-2017, 01:49 PM
I am thinking about creating a club on xbox, that likes to play in private without toxicity and after rules.

Maybe even rp-rules. Sometimes, I want to stand in the middle of the crowd with my warlord, bang my shield and shout "ODIN!!!" ...

... You can't do it in normal matches.

Yarzahn
03-22-2017, 02:02 PM

Everyone cares. Are you a sociopath? Every sport and every competitive game has these rules. Everything in society has rules and you need to respect other people.
You trash talk in e-sports you get a global mute if you are lucky, a suspension if you are unlucky. Period.
You trash talk in real sports, you get a fault, which varies from sport to sport. In some harsher sports, you just get a swift punch in your teeth to learn some manners and think before speaking.
What a moronic post you made,t making it sound like the fault is in the abused person's side for not having a thick skin.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-22-2017, 02:30 PM
If you honestly believe this then you're a part of the problem. What someone says, says more about them than you'd care to think. It's a simple concept. If someone is telling another player to kill themselves, they should be banned for life. It's not a difficult construct to grab.

DrExtrem
03-22-2017, 02:45 PM
People like to call gaming a competitive sport but they behave like hooligans.

Its like saying, that beating other people to pulp before or after a football game, is a sport as well.

IF we want games to be treated like a sport, we should start behaving like sportsmen.

NeoLocutus
03-22-2017, 02:53 PM
People like to call gaming a competitive sport but they behave like hooligans.

Its like saying, that beating other people to pulp before or after a football game, is a sport as well.

IF we want games to be treated like a sport, we should start behaving like sportsmen.

Exactly my point.

Also always report rude players through any mean offered by the platform (i.e.: report them through Xbox Live). Be sure that you're not the only one submitting a report: they will be taken down sooner or later.

CLaw2017
03-22-2017, 03:05 PM
Dear Ubisoft

I love this game, I enjoy it a lot, having over 100 hrs into the game I noticed something, players are really really REALLY toxic. I am just a lonely Berserker trying to have some fun. Every time I beat someone they either call me bad,say racist comments like the N word, or tell me to kill myself. Im not even playing warlord to earn these Offensive titles. Well the point is that I suggest that you guys need to add a report Player for behavior button, or at least add a mute button beacuse its really hard to ignore these harsh comments especially since the game is not fully fixed with everything that going on. People rage, I rage, I do but i keep it to myself. I really think this is something you guys should look out for beacuse the community in-game is becoming more and more toxic.

Sincerely,
Beserker Main

If they are sending messages through XBL or PSN, definitely report the individual messages. Microsoft is great about banning people for offensive messages.

Prophit618
03-22-2017, 04:26 PM
I once had the game glitch out on me and take away my chat box. It was the most enjoyable experience I've ever had playing without my team in this game.
The community for this game is arguably worse than LoL, which was a community so toxic I stopped playing it. The amount of salt, vitriol, racism, homophobia, sexism, and just plain rude chat is through the roof. And you cna be sure someone's not going to make one comment in a fit of anger and drop it, they're going to be commenting all match long. And this isn't even taking into account the sometimes game-crashing rudeness that is quitting matches because you don't think you're gonna win.

Danioku
03-22-2017, 05:09 PM
Dear Ubisoft

Sincerely,
Beserker Main

You can mute any player anytime you want through Scoreboard. You can even report them. I'm as well sick of salt and flames so I disabled text chat at all through Options --> User Interface --> Text Chat.

Problem solved.

Prophit618
03-22-2017, 05:15 PM
I didn't even know you could do that. Thanks Danioku, you just made this game so much better.

Delectable_Sin
03-22-2017, 05:19 PM
Grow up. You don't get to censor people in the real world. Stop being so sensitive.

Yeah, people are ridiculous, but it's up to you to be mature enough to not cry over someone else's words. They're just words dude...

DrExtrem
03-22-2017, 05:26 PM
Grow up. You don't get to censor people in the real world. Stop being so sensitive.

Yeah, people are ridiculous, but it's up to you to be mature enough to not cry over someone else's words. They're just words dude...

No ... we don't - and it is ok.

But insults are not covered by freedom of speech. If we treat games like sport, the referee will make you shut up. In closed communities, people who do everything to not be a part of them, are usually isolated, ignored or expelled.

The majority of players do not like being insulted, insults are not covered in our society and we are a closed community. Adapt or get banned - because not insulting each other are our rule.

Captain-Courage
03-22-2017, 05:35 PM
you can mute and report players through the dashboard or by going to their gamer profile. because if they add this in-game, then everyone would abuse it.

You can alreday report them IG.
Just select them on the leaderboard (you can also access it at the end of a game, that's usually when insults fly all over the place), and you can report them for numerous reasons.
Harassment is one of them IIRC, and it should be what OP is seeking.

Delectable_Sin
03-22-2017, 05:36 PM
No ... we don't - and it is ok.

But insults are not covered by freedom of speech. If we treat games like sport, the referee will make you shut up. In closed communities, people who do everything to not be a part of them, are usually isolated, ignored or expelled.

The majority of players do not like being insulted, insults are not covered in our society and we are a closed community. Adapt or get banned - because not insulting each other are our rule.

So what? There will always be people throwing out insults. Cry now over this game, and you'll cry tomorrow at school, or work, or anywhere else in life. I guarantee you that if you're a baby over a game, your life will be horrid. Being a sensitive, cry baby, hall-monitor type will just yield an insane amount of reasons to cry, all through out your life time. Sure, you can get someone in trouble in a game, but what are you going to do in the real world?

It's much easier to just be an adult.

Danioku
03-22-2017, 05:39 PM

Ye but you cant compare online envirointment with real world...... IRL people will not wish you aids or cancer or anything else so freely like they do online. No need to explain more how "face to face" it's different from being thousands of Km away behind a monitor. Inhibitions are reduced to 0.

Btw i get your point and i think your are right somehow.

To me, I'm here to play and since most of the time chat it's mostly rage, flames and insults, I disabled it cause it tilts me and make me lose focus on the game.

Probably it's my problem but I prefer to focus and concentrate more on the game rather then write/read chat log trashtalks

RatedChaotic
03-22-2017, 05:54 PM
I am thinking about creating a club on xbox,that likes to play in private without toxicity and after rules.

Maybe even rp-rules. Sometimes, I want to stand in the middle of the crowd with my warlord, bang my shield and shout "ODIN!!!" ...

... You can't do it in normal matches.

I'd join it. GT RatedChaotic if you decide to.

DrExtrem
03-22-2017, 06:05 PM
So what? There will always be people throwing out insults. Cry now over this game, and you'll cry tomorrow at school, or work, or anywhere else in life. I guarantee you that if you're a baby over a game, your life will be horrid. Being a sensitive, cry baby, hall-monitor type will just yield an insane amount of reasons to cry, all through out your life time. Sure, you can get someone in trouble in a game, but what are you going to do in the real world?

Not being a social misfit is being childish?

I am not crying. Not about people insulting me on the Internet or in games. I report them and let them enjoy the result of their misbehaviour.

Gray360UK
03-22-2017, 06:20 PM

You do actually.
For a start most people wouldn't dream of talking to you in real life the way they do in game chat.
When have you had someone walk up to you in real life and wish you to get cancer, or tell you that they hope your mother dies?
It's not publically acceptable in real life.
You would get fired at work for talking to a colleague, a customer or a boss like this.
You wouldn't be able to talk to teachers at school like this without repurcussions.
If you spoke to a bloke you didn't know down the pub or in a club like this you'd get your head kicked in.
So please, take your own advice, grow up, join the adult world, and stop talking trash online because you can.
Good luck in the real world if you remain as juvenile as you currently are.
Let me know how going up to a big black guy and calling him the N word works out for you.

WoodDaGawd
03-22-2017, 06:42 PM
It's 2017 and the majority of everything is online. People hiding behind keyboards to spew hatred, only to get up afterwards and walk outside with their actions no longer noticeable to anyone but themselves. There's nothing you can do about it other than live your life and ignore the ignorance of others. In short, get some tougher skin or you're going to have a long life trying to right the wrongs of cowards.

The problem really isn't with the cowards anyway. It's with the soft kids that take the words to heart and say "oh.. he hurt my feelings..."

Liargame1
03-22-2017, 07:38 PM
You can mute any player anytime you want through Scoreboard. You can even report them. I'm as well sick of salt and flames so I disabled text chat at all through Options --> User Interface --> Text Chat.

Problem solved.

Didnt even know this exist I was looking for it everywhere thanks mate.

teksuo1
03-22-2017, 07:49 PM
working on my 3rd character now and it seems like no matter what class you play, people always have something to whine about. They never shut up.

Warden: "blahblah blah shoulder bash vortex can you do anything else?!"
PK: " blahblah blah r1r1r1r1 zone attack B*@#% can you do anything else?!"
Conq: "blahblah blah environment kills blah no honor blah blah shieldbash heavy can you do anything else?!"

starting to think there's no way around it, ppl just need something to whine about to release some steam.
*in dominions atleast. havn't tried other modes much at all.

Prophit618
03-22-2017, 07:57 PM
The problem really isn't with the cowards anyway. It's with the soft kids that take the words to heart and say "oh.. he hurt my feelings..."

Being offended by people saying offensive things isn't the problem. When someone gets stabbed by a random woods clown or something, you don't say the problem is the guy bleeding all over the place instead of just sucking it up. The problem is the arse with the knife.

The problem is 100% the cowards. Fortunately, the game has built in tools for dealing with such. Mute them, report them, and hope not to see them again. Just because crying on the boards about it is not the productive answer, it doesn't make them in the wrong either.

WoodDaGawd
03-22-2017, 08:57 PM
Being offended by people saying offensive things isn't the problem. When someone gets stabbed by a random woods clown or something, you don't say the problem is the guy bleeding all over the place instead of just sucking it up. The problem is the arse with the knife.

The problem is 100% the cowards. Fortunately, the game has built in tools for dealing with such. Mute them, report them, and hope not to see them again. Just because crying on the boards about it is not the productive answer, it doesn't make them in the wrong either.

we're online and no one is being stalked or stabbed. imo bad analogy. in any case.. I stand by my statement. Grow thicker skin. Ignore the fan mail. Move on with your life. Profit.

darksavior1977
03-22-2017, 09:12 PM
All language at least in America is covered by freedom of speech, however what is relevant here is terms of service. Ubisoft can ban players for violating terms of service. Beyond that, let it roll off your back. Letting people stress you out isn't worth your time imo. Also the idea of forming a club with common interests is a great one.

L647
03-22-2017, 09:42 PM
Have any of you actually watched combat sports? They trash talk each other non stop... The famous Ali called Ernie Terrell a uncle tom he also said a bunch of racist **** to Joe frazier. Once again yall need to grow a pair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJX1uCY8h4w.

Prophit618
03-22-2017, 10:39 PM
we're online and no one is being stalked or stabbed. imo bad analogy. in any case.. I stand by my statement. Grow thicker skin. Ignore the fan mail. Move on with your life. Profit.

It's a hyperbolic example, but it scales down fine. Bad behavior is bad behavior, and it's the one doing the bad thing who's in the wrong, not the one being harmed, no matter how slight the actual harm may be. Your attitude is backwards if you're blaming the person harmed for being harmed.

Do I think a thick skin is a good thing to have in our world? Of course. Do people being arses online bother me? The quantity of them does, but their attacks on me don't. Nonetheless, holding people accountable for their actions is good for a community, so after I mute them or just stop paying attention to them if I'm too lazy or busy in-game to mute, I will happily report offensive players every time.

The intent of people trying to upset others is to disrupt and hurt their enjoyment of the game. So when I report these people, it's not about thick or thin skin, it's about helping to shape the community from a fairly toxic one to one where everyone can have a good time, which should be the goal of any community.

Gray360UK
03-22-2017, 10:46 PM
It's a hyperbolic example, but it scales down fine. Bad behavior is bad behavior, and it's the one doing the bad thing who's in the wrong, not the one being harmed, no matter how slight the actual harm may be. Your attitude is backwards if you're blaming the person harmed for being harmed.

Do I think a thick skin is a good thing to have in our world? Of course. Do people being arses online bother me? The quantity of them does, but their attacks on me don't. Nonetheless, holding people accountable for their actions is good for a community, so after I mute them or just stop paying attention to them if I'm too lazy or busy in-game to mute, I will happily report offensive players every time.

The intent of people trying to upset others is to disrupt and hurt their enjoyment of the game. So when I report these people, it's not about thick or thin skin, it's about helping to shape the community from a fairly toxic one to one where everyone can have a good time, which should be the goal of any community.

Perfectly said. This is the point. It's not about crying, being a baby, needing to grow up or grow a pair, or needing a thicker skin. It's about being a decent human being. Being decent is optional and you're entitled to behave like a scumbag if you want, but don't look down on others for trying to carry themselves with some dignity or for preferring to be part of a community that is not full of gutter level behaviour.

UbiNoty
03-23-2017, 12:37 AM
We strive to maintain a fun, friendly environment for all our players and if you find a player to be behaving in an egregious manner please report them here (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/new?template=FHReportBehavior) - and we will investigate their account and take the necessary actions.

lNogardl
03-23-2017, 12:45 AM

- Implying everyone tells other people to kill themselves in a sports match.

You know, there's fun banter and then there's toxicity, if people in this game said even half of what they do on a ****ing FRIENDLY sports match they would be on the ground where I come from.

lNogardl
03-23-2017, 12:48 AM

I see. So by your words, being a **** is what's considering being an "adult", right.

DrExtrem
03-23-2017, 08:08 AM
Have any of you actually watched combat sports? They trash talk each other non stop... The famous Ali called Ernie Terrell a uncle tom he also said a bunch of racist **** to Joe frazier. Once again yall need to grow a pair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJX1uCY8h4w.

During a fight or before it?

In addition. Pro boxing id not really a sport - its entertainment. Just like gladiator fight were not actual fighting competitions but bloody entertainment to make the people shut up.

Karate, judo, fencing ... highly competitive martial arts and Olympic disciplines. If you insult your opponent there, it is a foul.

Again ... even in the USA, freedom of speech does not cover threats and insults. It gets you into jail. If I would insult a person on the streets of new york, I would get the chance to see a police station from the inside. If I would shout out death threats to someone in the streets of new york ---> six feet under.

In the end, it does not matter, because we are allowed to play the game, because we brought a license. This license can be revoked, if we don't follow ubisofts rules. Same thing with xbox live gold and its Ps equivalent. If we don't follow their rules (the rules we all agreed on), they can withdraw our privileges.