PDA

View Full Version : Duel/brawl staring contest: light attacks shouldn't be parried.

Haemmerst0rm
03-22-2017, 11:14 AM
Hello guys

I wonder what you think about the next:

Duel and brawls are fun modes, but there are some issues everyone already know like the turtle meta and the weak heroes.
I also find that the dodges in duel/brawl are quite crappy and slow.

The biggest issue for me is that everyone who plays duel/brawl is too afraid to do a light attack. Why? Because light attacks can be parried...
Each hero has a unique sets of attack moves and combo's, but it is impossible to do any of that because of the fact that light attacks are parry able...

Ubisoft. Can you consider the next?: Make light attacks not being parry able, but block able! This way, the fights can be more exciting and fun then just doing one heavy after a gb and when you want to do a light attack after the heavy: PARRY....

Also, i find that the unblock able attacks should be not parry able too. BUT theres a lot of discussion about too like kensei unblock able feint into gb or side heavy. This is another topic to discuss about.

Zv1k0
03-22-2017, 11:54 AM
Are you crazy? Lights not parryable? How the hell will you deal with PK for example. Parrying lights against pk or nobushi or even good kensei is the way you beat them. Im sorry but your idea is stupid.

How to fix turtle meta? Add chip damage or something. If you want to open up turtles, chip damage will do so. There will be a lot more parry attempts and parry feints which this kind of fighting game should be all about. Reactions...

Alustar.
03-22-2017, 12:02 PM
Let's also forget all of the advancement made to make games MORE realistic. But yeah, non parry able light attacks makes so much more sense.
Progress, but regress.

Aarpian
03-22-2017, 12:32 PM
But heavies are even easier to parry... if you couldn't parry light attacks, then it would be impossible to parry bait people, as they can just wait for the heavy to launch before they decide whether or not to attempt a parry...
Raw heavies are already incredibly rare, but you want to make lights even stronger relatively?

DrinkinMyStella
03-22-2017, 12:42 PM
I always use light attacks, i get parried when doing heavies to easily.