PDA

View Full Version : New Faction/Warrior Idea

E1NH3RJ4R_
03-21-2017, 11:59 PM
Alright, let's cut to the chase: eventually, For Honor will dry up on ideas and get repetitive (Knights, Vikings, Samurai, 3 Factions, 3 Types of Warriors, etc. etc.) so, I think, one way to spice things up would be to add another faction/warrior class that fits right in! Medieval Arabs.
Let's face it, we've got a running gig going with these warriors already: each Faction corresponds with a specific biome/environment and region of Earth.
Knights reside in the woodlands/grasslands
Samurai live in the swamp/bog
Vikings are habitants of the taiga/tundra
Where're my desert-warriors at, eh?
Also...
Knights are the representatives of Central Europe
Vikings represent Scandinavia (and other European/Non-European countries up North)
Samurai represent Eastern Asia (mostly Japan)
But, last time I checked, there's a big gap between Europe and Asia, and that's the Middle East... so where are the representatives of the Middle East? The Arabs could fill that role. Plus, the Medieval Arabs would be a unique addition to the game since they had weapons and armor drastically different from the other warriors currently in the game! It'll be badass to play as a hooded, dual cutlass-wielding maniac, (like those from Indiana Jones) am I right, or am I right? Not to mention, obviously, that aside from their military, their culture as a society is also unlike that of the current warriors in-game.
And to appease those everything-must-be-historically-accurate/realistic nerds: it is a known fact that the Arabs were mortal enemies of the knights, with differing beliefs in their religions (Christianity and Islam) and the whole ordeal with the Crusaders! As I said before, they. fit. right. in. They lived alongside these warriors (granted, barely interacted with them, except for the Knights)! They lived in that time-period!
So let's stop fantasizing about these over-praised Romans and Greeks and whatnot, and add a relevant and fun warrior-society to the game, shall we!?

Of course, Ubisoft, you don't have to release it right this instant! Let the community suck on the sweet fruits of novelty while they last, but eventually... yeah.
Just a suggestion :)
Of course, it's up to the community, but I think it's an interesting concept that ought to be implemented into the game some day, or referenced, at least. Ultimately, it's up to you! Just don't want the game to die with the recent negativity coming from Steam; personally, I love the game and I am genuinely passionate about it, you did a good job.

E1NH3RJ4R_
03-22-2017, 12:05 AM
What do you guys think? I am curious about the community's reaction, so reply down below about your opinions and/or other tweaks we can do to this idea :)

UbiJurassic
03-22-2017, 12:31 AM
That's a pretty cool and unique idea, V4LHA1LA!

E1NH3RJ4R_
03-28-2017, 01:38 AM
Wow, didn't expect a reply so soon! Even moreso from a community representative! :O
Well, I'm glad you looked into it, ^_^ I just want the game to flourish like it truly deserves to!\
But if you are thinking of implementing this idea (please, not any time soon, pick the fruits that are in reach!) then you should probably draw inspiration from historic depictions of said warrior.
Like something like this:
file:///C:/Users/ncaro/OneDrive/Pictures/Saved%20Pictures/arab.jpg

AkenoKobayashi
03-28-2017, 01:58 AM
I honestly had this thought too...but for different reasons. I'm sure a lot of people would support this idea...but not for the reasons that you would assume. I agree. Add some feudal Arabian warriors. Though, I'm sure this would cause a rise in the amount of Knight players...

PumpkinK1ng
03-28-2017, 02:57 AM
I would love to bring the law to some Medieval Arabs.

sykout25
03-28-2017, 04:05 AM
Why not! The middle east is invading every country right now anyways, might as well invade fictional for honor.

teksuo1
03-28-2017, 04:19 AM
That's a pretty cool and unique idea, V4LHA1LA!

i thought it was a weird way to cheer until i realized that was the guy's name.

massive02
03-28-2017, 05:59 AM
Pirates!

supermaldo93
03-28-2017, 07:45 AM
The thing that's killing this game is the horrible connection and the awful fighting mechanics. The factions and character/level design is incredible. Too bad everything else sucks.

E1NH3RJ4R_
04-15-2017, 12:35 AM

Hahaha! :)
Viking pride!

E1NH3RJ4R_
04-15-2017, 12:37 AM
The thing that's killing this game is the horrible connection and the awful fighting mechanics. The factions and character/level design is incredible. Too bad everything else sucks.

I agree, the first step in the right direction should be fixing connectivity issues and balancing gear/characters

UbiJurassic
04-15-2017, 12:54 AM

I've been bamboozled into cheering for the Vikings!

CandleInTheDark
04-15-2017, 12:57 AM
I've been bamboozled into cheering for the Vikings!

https://i.imgsafe.org/2b5cd7b637.png
Things get...messy when knights cheer for vikings.

UbiJurassic
04-15-2017, 01:15 AM
https://i.imgsafe.org/2b5cd7b637.png
Things get...messy when knights cheer for vikings.

ಠ_ಠ

CrimsonWolf753
04-15-2017, 01:17 AM
I would love to bring the law to some Medieval Arabs.

I second that motion

CrimsonWolf753
04-15-2017, 01:29 AM
these over-praised Romans and Greeks

Easy there tiger.
I agree bringing in the arabs as another faction is interesting. However taking shots at the bringers of modern civilization as we know it is not appreciated.

Maybe each faction could have a "warrior ancestor" class to even it up. Because alot of us have been waiting for the Roman Centurion class to come out.

Bjron_Ironside
04-15-2017, 03:34 AM
I like your idea of warriors from the desert. I think it would be awesome to play a hero with two schimitars or even one.

E1NH3RJ4R_
04-26-2017, 11:07 PM
Easy there tiger.
I agree bringing in the arabs as another faction is interesting. However taking shots at the bringers of modern civilization as we know it is not appreciated.

Maybe each faction could have a "warrior ancestor" class to even it up. Because alot of us have been waiting for the Roman Centurion class to come out.

Perhaps... I do like the Romans, but I feel like they belong in "Deadliest Warrior" and not "For Honor" but that's just me... I'd have to see them in the game to judge them fairly :)