PDA

View Full Version : My Two Cents...

Supercool5150
03-21-2017, 07:02 PM
Before I get started with my useless opinion, I want introduce myself to everyone reading. I'm a guy who stinks at certain aspects of this game. Mainly defense. Let's be honest...I'm a button masher pure and simple. Without learning defense in this game, let's face it, I'm a win for you if you face me. That being said I am trying to get better defensively not only for myself but for whoever may be stuck with me in a dual or skirmish. However, meet me on the battlefield in a dominion game and I fair pretty well. Why? Well one reason is I have mastered my offensive sets, and two it's because Dominion is a different game altogether. There are strategies involved in Dominion that some people (even the best duelers) don't seem to get. Dominion to me (and others) is a race...a chaotic race against time and the other team. In my opinion, there is no time for honor. The way I play the game is to kill as fast as possible. Whether it be 1v1 or 3v1, it doesn't matter. Kill quick and move on. The game is about capturing A<B<C, holding them and making the other team break. Now don't get me wrong, if one of my team is facing off against another 1v1 and my guy is about to finish the other I stand next to them and let the fight go. If it looks like the fight is going the other way...I'm gankin...NO if's and's or but's. I know that many people's opinion that is not honorable, but this is not an honorable part of the game. It's win or go home. I want my points. A duel on the other hand is more of a gentlemen's game and I can see how people get upset at 3v1. Only problem is...That's life. Take your beating and move on. I have never quit any game, good or bad. I will however immediately dropout of a game if I see a guy running in circles. If that's what someone wants to do fine...but I'm out.

I also feel that the characters in this game were created for the different contests provided. Assassins are really good in dominion but not so good in a 1v1. Although I have seen some really good 1v1 players that use assassins. Heavy's are your down and dirty beat you up and down a duel all day long guys and hybrids do Ok in both. Maybe I'm wrong.
I know I know...Who cares what I think? No one probably, but I just wanted to share the opinion that maybe the disparities with the heroes was intentional with different types of players in mind when the game was created. I main a Kensei who is rep 4 with a 108. I'm not sorry for that, I earned every bit of that gear. I also have a PK, Orochi, and Nobushi all rep 3 but lower gear at the moment. (working on a Raider now) I love the fast heroes. However, after reading a lot of the discussions I do admit I feel bad rolling out some of my heroes at certain times. I understand that fixes need to be made across the board but...When this game is working properly it's so damn fun and addicting I can play for hours and never get bored. I sympathize with the players having issues (yes I have errors and drops too) but also agree that some of the problems are just players who haven't learned all of the skill sets yet of their own hero or the one they are going against. I myself have a hell of a time trying to parry. Everything doesn't need to be nerf'd. Did I mention I stink? However I won't stink forever given all the time I put in. I know I'm ramblin' now and my two cents feels like a buck and a half but I just wanted to throw this out there for those of those who may feel like me. I'm not writing this to get a rise out of anyone but I understand this will piss some people off. I just hope UBI gets their stuff together so we can all have the experience that we ALL expected to have when we bought the game. Thanks for reading this. I don't really have a point but if you agree or disagree with any of this rant away. C'ya on the battlefield!!! But if you don't see me...You just got gank'd.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-21-2017, 07:22 PM
Before I get started with my useless opinion, I want introduce myself to everyone reading. I'm a guy who stinks at certain aspects of this game. Mainly defense. Let's be honest...I'm a button masher pure and simple. Without learning defense in this game, let's face it, I'm a win for you if you face me. That being said I am trying to get better defensively not only for myself but for whoever may be stuck with me in a dual or skirmish. However, meet me on the battlefield in a dominion game and I fair pretty well. Why? Well one reason is I have mastered my offensive sets, and two it's because Dominion is a different game altogether. There are strategies involved in Dominion that some people (even the best duelers) don't seem to get. Dominion to me (and others) is a race...a chaotic race against time and the other team. In my opinion, there is no time for honor. The way I play the game is to kill as fast as possible. Whether it be 1v1 or 3v1, it doesn't matter. Kill quick and move on. The game is about capturing A<B<C, holding them and making the other team break. Now don't get me wrong, if one of my team is facing off against another 1v1 and my guy is about to finish the other I stand next to them and let the fight go. If it looks like the fight is going the other way...I'm gankin...NO if's and's or but's. I know that many people's opinion that is not honorable, but this is not an honorable part of the game. It's win or go home. I want my points. A duel on the other hand is more of a gentlemen's game and I can see how people get upset at 3v1. Only problem is...That's life. Take your beating and move on. I have never quit any game, good or bad. I will however immediately dropout of a game if I see a guy running in circles. If that's what someone wants to do fine...but I'm out.

I also feel that the characters in this game were created for the different contests provided. Assassins are really good in dominion but not so good in a 1v1. Although I have seen some really good 1v1 players that use assassins. Heavy's are your down and dirty beat you up and down a duel all day long guys and hybrids do Ok in both. Maybe I'm wrong.
I know I know...Who cares what I think? No one probably, but I just wanted to share the opinion that maybe the disparities with the heroes was intentional with different types of players in mind when the game was created. I main a Kensei who is rep 4 with a 108. I'm not sorry for that, I earned every bit of that gear. I also have a PK, Orochi, and Nobushi all rep 3 but lower gear at the moment. (working on a Raider now) I love the fast heroes. However, after reading a lot of the discussions I do admit I feel bad rolling out some of my heroes at certain times. I understand that fixes need to be made across the board but...When this game is working properly it's so damn fun and addicting I can play for hours and never get bored. I sympathize with the players having issues (yes I have errors and drops too) but also agree that some of the problems are just players who haven't learned all of the skill sets yet of their own hero or the one they are going against. I myself have a hell of a time trying to parry. Everything doesn't need to be nerf'd. Did I mention I stink? However I won't stink forever given all the time I put in. I know I'm ramblin' now and my two cents feels like a buck and a half but I just wanted to throw this out there for those of those who may feel like me. I'm not writing this to get a rise out of anyone but I understand this will piss some people off. I just hope UBI gets their stuff together so we can all have the experience that we ALL expected to have when we bought the game. Thanks for reading this. I don't really have a point but if you agree or disagree with any of this rant away. C'ya on the battlefield!!! But if you don't see me...You just got gank'd.

People like you is why I die in this game. Between you hitting me in the back and giving the other guy free revenge cuz all you do is button smash.

buhahh125
03-21-2017, 07:29 PM
LAWL. You are not alone on some of your points however I do hope you are not paired with me haha. :cool: FYI your last sentence "if I don't see you I'm being ganked"...is strangely comical. LoL

PSNID: Buhahh

MeArney
03-21-2017, 07:32 PM
Somegood points and some bad ones. The state of the game balance is broken. I donīt get too many DCs, but Isure do see laga lot on PS4. My problems are completely on characters and mostly involving my own stupidity as picking Lawbringer.Heīs hands down the coolest looking hero, with his pony emote spamming but completely outclassed by other higher tier characters (basically all of them). PKs ZA is too fast and I have to guess where it come from to get a parry, not to mention the lackluster attacks I have. The heavy attack, which is in every chain is so slow that every single hero has by no means problems to parry it and by reverting the counter guardbraking I have no possibility anymore to even compete on a mid-high level. The only thing where I actually can get a few hits is by draining my opponents stamina out and feint them into a parry. The incompetens of the character design/balance team is amazing at Ubi

Supercool5150
03-21-2017, 07:44 PM
People like you is why I die in this game. Between you hitting me in the back and giving the other guy free revenge cuz all you do is button smash.

I know I know... Trying to get better with the button smash. I am however smart enough to use the top attack as not to hit my own guys. And yes, I probably have gotten you killed once or twice. I use the sorry quick chat a lot.