PDA

View Full Version : Uplay PC Client - March 21 Update

Ubi-Johan
03-21-2017, 04:29 PM
Hello Folks,

Today we released an update for our client that aims to fix a number of bugs as well as general quality of life improvements.

Changes in this release:

Play offline button has been removed for online only games when prompted to apply a game update
Edit: 4K support for the overlay has been introduced

Bug fixes:

Fixed a rare crash that could sometimes occur when restarting the client during the installation of a game using a legacy installer
Fixed duplicate game tiles appearing when an installed game has expired (Eg. Demos, Trials and Free Weekends)
Added an option to go to the Shop if you receive an invite to a game that you don’t own
Fixed an issue where the overlay occasionally couldn’t be interacted with in certain games
Fixed controller functionality not always working on the product activation window
Fixed an issue where recently added DLC would appear multiple times on the game page overview and couldn’t be installed unless the client was restarted
Fixed the overlay not closing automatically after accepting a game invite
Fixed a rare issues that would sometimes cause the computers audio output to change when the client is launched

We hope that you like the new patch and we welcome any feedback that you might have!

You can give us feedback directly on the official Uplay feedback forums (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1027-Feedback-amp-Suggestions).

- The Uplay team

VixenGB
03-22-2017, 01:34 PM
Hello
For some time now we have not been able to use voice chat when we have grouped up. There does not seem to be an option anywhere in the Party section about voice chat. We greatly miss this function. Please can you tell us when it will be returning?
Many thanks
Yours Sincerely
Andrea.

Ubi-Kay
03-28-2017, 11:08 AM
Hello,

Voice Chat functionality in Uplay PC itself was removed in a recent update while we work on some improvements.

Additional Notes:

For users that are missing VoIP chat please be aware that it will be returning in the near future

In most cases, this should not affect voice chat in Rainbow Six Siege or other games that have their own dedicated voice chat, everything should be managed in-game. If you are experiencing an issue there, please contact the support team: https://support.ubi.com

Thanks.

VixenGB
03-29-2017, 03:35 PM
Hi
I should have specified the game in which I was referring to it is Far Cry3. Any idea when next update will be?
Many thanks.
Andrea

ConquererChris
04-04-2017, 09:51 PM
I'm having quite an issue. Now I may very well be making a stupid mistake here. Yesterday I dowloaded Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, paid $60. However my uplay account doesn't have Wildlands, only For Honor (a game I previously dowloaded). This means it iniitially worked, but isn't working now. I'm aware that you can right click on the game in the my library to view cd keys, however this option is not there for it. I also tried Alt+Enter and saw view CD key, but when i click it, it keeps saying click here to view CD key, but nothing comes up? I've contacted steam, they said contact ubisoft. I'm now fumbling around the absolute trainwreck that is ubisoft's web page. It offers for me to buy the game a second time on uplay. That's a grand total of $120. Once on steam, it doesn't work, and once on Ubisoft? No thanks. I've updated windows, updated my driver, uninstalled and reinstalled uplay, validated the game's files. I am aware the you dont need a CD key if you download through steam (because it does it aoutomatically), well then why is Uplay asking for one? Why is it not showing up in my Uplay library but it is in my Steam library? What else is there for me to even try at this point?

Raiden85OCUK
04-05-2017, 04:53 AM
You say you added 4k support but the UI still looks blurry with the DPI set at 150% at 4k on Windows 10. Anyway this could be fixed in a future update?

Ubi-Johan
04-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Hi
I should have specified the game in which I was referring to it is Far Cry3. Any idea when next update will be?
Many thanks.
Andrea

I have no ETA of the return of VOIP as of now.

Thank you for your understanding.

I'm having quite an issue. Now I may very well be making a stupid mistake here. Yesterday I dowloaded Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, paid $60. However my uplay account doesn't have Wildlands, only For Honor (a game I previously dowloaded). This means it iniitially worked, but isn't working now. I'm aware that you can right click on the game in the my library to view cd keys, however this option is not there for it. I also tried Alt+Enter and saw view CD key, but when i click it, it keeps saying click here to view CD key, but nothing comes up? I've contacted steam, they said contact ubisoft. I'm now fumbling around the absolute trainwreck that is ubisoft's web page. It offers for me to buy the game a second time on uplay. That's a grand total of $120. Once on steam, it doesn't work, and once on Ubisoft? No thanks. I've updated windows, updated my driver, uninstalled and reinstalled uplay, validated the game's files. I am aware the you dont need a CD key if you download through steam (because it does it aoutomatically), well then why is Uplay asking for one? Why is it not showing up in my Uplay library but it is in my Steam library? What else is there for me to even try at this point?

I would highly recommend you to contact Ubisoft Support for this matter, you can contact them via phone (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Contact) or
web (https://support.ubi.com) as well as Twitter (https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport) andFacebook (https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftSupport/)

You say you added 4k support but the UI still looks blurry with the DPI set at 150% at 4k on Windows 10. Anyway this could be fixed in a future update?

If i am understanding you correctly; you are referring to the client which currently has no 4K support. 4K support was added for the in-game overlay functionality of Uplay.

I have however noted that 4K support for the client is something that you would like to see in the future. Thanks for your suggestion!

/ Johan