PDA

View Full Version : Revenge mode

XxATBgaryCFCxX
03-20-2017, 03:30 PM
Can you nerf or completely remove revenge mode every game now is like who gets revenge first wins and is op when people get it more than once in single fight

Draghmar
03-20-2017, 03:39 PM
Revenge is good as a way to overcompensate many vs 1 scenarios. I think there is a problem with situation where too many people are choosing gear that gives them a way to get revenge too easy.
It would be a little bit complicated but it would be great if revenge could be fill up when there were more people attacking you.

Gray360UK
03-20-2017, 04:27 PM
I haven't even tried to gear for Revenge but if a second person makes the mistake of bumping into me or looking in my general direction for too long I get revenge now and it's usually an instant death sentence for anyone near me.

We have situations in Dominion where if two of you are defending a zone and one of them comes to take it, which should be a good thing for you, you outnumber them, you have a good defence at the zone and it should therefore be harder for this one guy to come and take it, instead, it is good for him, because he'll get Revenge and slaughter both of you. He'll be relying on getting Revenge. It becomes a good strategy to get Revenge, something you can use to your advantage to strengthen your attack, an offensive weapon, not a defensive tool, as it was intended to be.

Things have gone too far the other way, when you want Revenge and can use it to win against superior numbers, rather than needing it to save your life when you are being ganked.

We all know Revenge is now a way to win, not a way to survive or defend yourself, but a way to attack and destroy your opponents.

Yarzahn
03-20-2017, 04:48 PM
I haven't even tried to gear for Revenge but if a second person makes the mistake of bumping into me or looking in my general direction for too long I get revenge now and it's usually an instant death sentence for anyone near me.

We have situations in Dominion where if two of you are defending a zone and one of them comes to take it, which should be a good thing for you, you outnumber them, you have a good defence at the zone and it should therefore be harder for this one guy to come and take it, instead, it is good for him, because he'll get Revenge and slaughter both of you. He'll be relying on getting Revenge. It becomes a good strategy to get Revenge, something you can use to your advantage to strengthen your attack, an offensive weapon, not a defensive tool, as it was intended to be.

Things have gone too far the other way, when you want Revenge and can use it to win against superior numbers, rather than needing it to save your life when you are being ganked.

We all know Revenge is now a way to win, not a way to survive or defend yourself, but a way to attack and destroy your opponents.

Nothing pisses me off more than being in the middle of a duel and some greedy moronic team mate comes and mindlessly spams attacks on my target, giving them free revenge.
If people weren't such obvious greedy *******s and actually took the same care while fighting 2v1 as they do in 1v1, revenge would be fine. You wait for an opening, and attack when you get it, don't wail pointlessly at a blocking wall.

Right now, if I am outnumbered, I just target the best enemy player, and let the bad player spamming mindless attacks fill my revenge meter.

DrinkinMyStella
03-20-2017, 05:07 PM
get rid of revenge by injury if anything, its easy enough to gain by defence let alone getting it by not defending properly

FredEx919
03-20-2017, 05:26 PM
Can you nerf or completely remove revenge mode every game now is like who gets revenge first wins and is op when people get it more than once in single fight

I wouldn't expect revenge to be removed, you can expect some balance adjustments to it (and for gear overall). I don't have details of the exact changes being made, but it's on the list for sure.

Captain-Courage
03-20-2017, 05:33 PM
Revenge by principle is a good mechanism.
It's a comeback mechanism like you see in many other fighting games (or simply multiplayer games for this concern)

It's its balance combined with dedicated gear that tends to be over the top

But THIS

If people (...) actually took the same care while fighting 2v1 as they do in 1v1

Is very true.

Even when it comes to ganking, there are good and bad players.

I can't even count the times where a "teammate" actually completely messed things up. For example when you land a guard break & you have guaranted heavy or combo starter and he breaks your grab with ... a mere light or a push. Or just attacks mindlessly with large sweeping lateral strikes, charges or such ... that interupts you and fills your oponent revenge meter.

Oh, it was already the case in Chivalry or Mount and Blade when your "allies" used sweeping attacks in packed melee instead of vertical strikes and thrust. Some people just don't seem to see that they have teammates.

With allies like that, you don't need foes.

It takes coordination to efficiently 2v1, otherwise VS a good and geared player .... You, are the prey.

Iwata-Salad
03-20-2017, 05:37 PM
Thanks FredEx for this response, though vague, it does let us know you are listening.

Agent Talon
03-20-2017, 07:11 PM
I'll take a nerf to revenge on the whole but what I really want to see is the removal of the ability to chain revenge. If you get into an uneven fight revenge should be there to even the odds and give you a chance to escape or kill a low health enemy to get back to a 1v1. At the moment you can revenge, kill a person, block 2 attacks, revenge, kill a person, block 2 attacks revenge.

I keep coming back to the idea of a cool down of 20 seconds or so. Just my opinion.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-20-2017, 08:02 PM
I'll take a nerf to revenge on the whole but what I really want to see is the removal of the ability to chain revenge. If you get into an uneven fight revenge should be there to even the odds and give you a chance to escape or kill a low health enemy to get back to a 1v1. At the moment you can revenge, kill a person, block 2 attacks, revenge, kill a person, block 2 attacks revenge.

I keep coming back to the idea of a cool down of 20 seconds or so. Just my opinion.

It's actually super easy to counter this...only problem is people are just to stupid to figure it out...elimination I just run away get buffs while the other 2-3 die to revenge spam dominion I'll just cap a diffrent point then go back after my teammate are dead

Vingrask
03-20-2017, 08:34 PM
Thanks FredEx for this response, though vague, it does let us know you are listening.

It's not that vague. In fact made me understand why took so long to fix what all the 4v4 players complain about. This isn't just about the Revenge, they are reworking the entire gear stats!

ParadigmFringe
03-20-2017, 08:36 PM
revenge does NOT need to be removed from the game. i've gotten revenge before and had both dudes just turn and book it immediately. i assume they're running with their cameras pointed back at me because the instant revenge is over they turn on a dime and are back to their gank.

if ANYTHING is done to revenge, it's only going to encourage ganking. the only things that would make its removal work are if A)sprinting cost stamina, so running from a fight is no longer the best option and B)add a cooldown to revenge after use, so it has to wait a short time before beginning to charge again.

of course, you could also make the attempt to play smart, and when someone goes revenge, you be the team member to guard break him and move from 7 to 5o'clock positions behind him to keep him constantly changing his guard and letting your other teammates chop him.

Uncle-Smough
03-20-2017, 08:46 PM
I don't know if it should be removed but it definitely should be fixed.
Me and my friends are always making jokes about how it's more effective in 1v1s than 1v2/3/4s.

Although it all ties back to gear score and the many problems with it.

Valfrekr
03-20-2017, 08:59 PM

No, but you can nerf your aggressiveness against your opponent so that you don't trigger his revenge mode. Also, learn how to take up a defensive stance once he goes into revenge mode. No other nerf required.

Jazz117Volkov
03-20-2017, 09:03 PM
I feel like "Revenge Build" is becoming a thing. I was in a Dominion match against a PK yesterday, and every time I saw him/her she was either in Revenge mode or ready to set it off. Seemed to be a lot of zone spamming in 1v1s, because infinite stamina, and the insane dmg buff on top of bleed is, well, insane. idk, don't get rid of Revenge, but it needs a few tweaks. Maybe buff stamina and make Revenge only defense focused.

Valfrekr
03-20-2017, 09:19 PM
I feel like "Revenge Build" is becoming a thing. I was in a Dominion match against a PK yesterday, and every time I saw him/her she was either in Revenge mode or ready to set it off. Seemed to be a lot of zone spamming in 1v1s, because infinite stamina, and the insane dmg buff on top of bleed is, well, insane. idk, don't get rid of Revenge, but it needs a few tweaks. Maybe buff stamina and make Revenge only defense focused.

I see this as well, and my Nobushi is based on a Revenge build. However, my Valkyrie is a Attack/Stamina build. My Orochi is an Attack/Stamina build. My Warlord is a Defense/Stamina build. So there are other builds out there that people could use for their characters. The problem is, everyone comes on the forums to complain about a particular build, causing people to examine that build, and adopt it for themselves. Now everyone has that build, and renders the other builds less useful.

Honestly, I'd rather have better stamina regain, exhaustion recovery, and stronger attack or defense than the revenge mode for most characters.

sd_fungi
03-21-2017, 02:10 AM
My problem with revenge is it seems to be inconsistent, this could be in part do to de-sync. I have popped revenge , while my opponent was attacking and still got hit. One match I intentionally saved it for when he came at me with an unblockable, and popped it still got hit. On the other side I have had revenge drop me to the floor during my recovery animation. I had already hit the guy, he took the damage popped revenge and it still threw me down.

There is nothing worse than fighting a 108 revenge build, 4 blocks and they can revenge, counter your next attack with a heavy which is uninterruptable because they are revenged stagger you knock you to the ground and game over.

TCTF_SWAT
03-21-2017, 04:23 AM
I'm just confused as to why disable attacks (and Gb's themselves as well at throws) can build revenge meter for the opponent.

Honestly Revenge should only be built by the following

blocking
getting hit

Parrying nor deflect nor dodging nor being hit by disable attacks should not build revenge meter.