PDA

View Full Version : Guard Break Begone

BigOlFloppyLips
03-20-2017, 04:12 AM
I love this game, I'll play it even with the guard break. Personally I prefer the raider, but I don't think I should be able to bust up a shugoki mid battle and toss him off the edge. Just like a peacekeeper shouldn't stop a warden in his tracks. This being said it'd be broken if only the bigger and heavier characters could do it so I think it should just be gotten rid of or at least put on a cool down. It can be spammed and for some it just doesn't seem to be able to be blocked. I can get it sometimes and it seems to work best if I just let go of everything and press □ or . Let's be honest though. That 12 year old who spams it all day and is prestige 15 and spams the emote over your lifeless warrior shouldn't be playing and if that wasn't in the game he'd already have thrown the controller through the tv and been grounded from the console so let's all just agree to get rid of it.

Wateverdude
03-20-2017, 04:18 AM
I'm having a rep 3 raider and I can say Pk and Shugoki are your worst match up. Counter gb is easy now and I tech 99% of them with ease.

Learn to play character to the best helping you a lot. I used to main raider in beta, thought he too weak. I picked up other chars like conq and warden, spend a lot of time with them and realize how much skill I'm lacking. Then I jumped back to raider and begin to kick ***.

Kiiyor
03-20-2017, 04:18 AM
I love this game, I'll play it even with the guard break. Personally I prefer the raider, but I don't think I should be able to bust up a shugoki mid battle and toss him off the edge. Just like a peacekeeper shouldn't stop a warden in his tracks. This being said it'd be broken if only the bigger and heavier characters could do it so I think it should just be gotten rid of or at least put on a cool down. It can be spammed and for some it just doesn't seem to be able to be blocked. I can get it sometimes and it seems to work best if I just let go of everything and press □ or . Let's be honest though. That 12 year old who spams it all day and is prestige 15 and spams the emote over your lifeless warrior shouldn't be playing and if that wasn't in the game he'd already have thrown the controller through the tv and been grounded from the console so let's all just agree to get rid of it.

GB is one of the only tools outside a parry that we have to break the defensive meta. If you remove guard break, almost every character is mostly safe if they block (aside from unblockables), and 100% safe if they dodge.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-20-2017, 04:27 AM
Dafak? Pk litterly jumps in air and and kicks you with both her feet idc if your a shigoki or warden your going be pushed back a few feet