PDA

View Full Version : The Despair of High Reputation

KotoKuraken
03-20-2017, 03:20 AM
I don't have a problem with people receiving high level gear when they have earned it.

I DO however have a huge problem when I'm trying to level a new character, and I get oneshotted by all the reputation 3-23 who have Revenge set up to build in 2 deflects in a 1v1 occurance, which then oneshots Vanguards at full health. Every match that I try to level only makes me want to go back to the same character that can hold his own because of the high level gear, and that gets boring quickly.

And no, I am not going to use Duel and Brawl to level; not only is it the slowest way to gain reputation, it also should not be the only mode that has gear and feats enabled

Wateverdude
03-20-2017, 04:08 AM
I take my alts to the 4v4 without any real problem.

1/Pair yourself with a rep 3 person and do the ganking, you should support him by doing GB and let him ditch the damage
2/ priority getting buffs in 4v4, attack and defense buffs make you stand up to heroic geats
3/cheese works wonder against cheeky players who think they can bully you. 1 parry straight to cliffs or spikes.
4/take damaging feats (lingbow, shuriken, meteor, arrow) and buff/debuff feats
5/ stalk them and do the jumping attack, 1 shot people no matter what gear theybare on.

I have grief so many 108 players with such cheap and dirty tactic. Who cares anyway? I'm not gonna 1v1 a person that pop revenge after 2 hits and then 2 shot me.

Have a rep 3 warden, conqueror, raider. Now I'm grinding kensei and orochi. LB next after he got buffed.

Alchemist-21-
03-20-2017, 04:19 AM
Have you considered doing Player vs AI matches instead?

Wateverdude
03-20-2017, 04:23 AM
Exactly.
Take all the 1k-1k5 exp PVE orders.

KotoKuraken
03-20-2017, 04:57 AM

1/Pair yourself with a rep 3 person and do the ganking, you should support him by doing GB and let him ditch the damage
2/ priority getting buffs in 4v4, attack and defense buffs make you stand up to heroic geats
3/cheese works wonder against cheeky players who think they can bully you. 1 parry straight to cliffs or spikes.
5/ stalk them and do the jumping attack, 1 shot people no matter what gear theybare on.

I have grief so many 108 players with such cheap and dirty tactic. Who cares anyway? I'm not gonna 1v1 a person that pop revenge after 2 hits and then 2 shot me.

Have a rep 3 warden, conqueror, raider. Now I'm grinding kensei and orochi. LB next after he got buffed.

Not all characters have a jump attack. For example, see Warden. Ganking is the problem; they get revenge even faster than the 1v1, they do area attack, I'm dead in one hit, the other guy dead the next hit.

As for Player vs AI, I will have to give that a try. I normally don't like to since it makes my PvP reactions horrible, but it could at least help with leveling

Wateverdude
03-20-2017, 05:09 AM
I mean flunging attack.
Which is attack from higher places that instantly kill people.

Egotistic_Ez
03-20-2017, 06:43 AM

Only fighting by following around someone else is a problem. That's no talent ganking, some people play to actually fight.

These are not a real solutions since the enemy can do it too making the advantage moot.

True. If you're playing for the win and not for fun or skill this is an option.

Suggesting something legitimate? Are you OK?

Some people like the challenge of fighting in a fighting game. Especially since there's no ranked mode.

Exactly.
Take all the 1k-1k5 exp PVE orders.

Booooooooooring.

Wateverdude
03-20-2017, 08:24 AM
Then please do enlight me because you sound like a god.

Firstly, you enter the game as an alt character, vs those purple and gold I'm clearly at a huge disadvantage. Unless you are those players that always say "gear doesnt matter" lol when you rekting white and blue characters with your yellow one.

Second, those are not real solution yes. But it is the best right now. If you have any thing better please show us.

Third. When I play my alts, it's clearly that I want to level fast. I'm getting more exp by playing 4v4 and by winning. Sure a win like that aint fun for you but it is fun for me. Talking about challenges, I put myself in front of enemies that can 2 hit me, is that not challenging enough for you? Or are you having more fun rekting white noob lel?

Fourth, like I said, if you want to play for the skill, then tell me how many ℅ of game time you put yourself on Duel mode. If it above 70% then I'm ginna stfu.

Fifth, so tell me how you gonna level fast without getting AI orders. You think that is boring compare to play 1 character all the time? Now that sounds boring AF to me.

Love those cheeky "skilled" player. They talk so much until I casually split their head open and put some common sense into them

XGreenSageX
03-20-2017, 08:25 AM
Only fighting by following around someone else is a problem. That's no talent ganking, some people play to actually fight.

Some people like the challenge of fighting in a fighting game. Especially since there's no ranked mode.

If you want just pure fight skill, go to 1v1 or 2v2. 4v4s are for WAR which means WINNING AT ANY COST. That means "low-skill" ganking, pushing people off ledges, running away, etc. etc. The only real hybrid mode is elimination but its still the same thing: you always have a choice to run and set up numbers.

One thing I've noticed is that people have/had a tough time understanding Skirmish Mode. It was def. smart of Ubi to separate it from Elims and people are starting to get it now ... but in RL a "skirmish" was characterized but a chaotic melee in a non-organized battlefield like the village. It's literally a crazy scrum to see who comes out on top. That's why the key to skirmish mode is to NOT split up. You want to stay in as big a group as possible and use strength in numbers to take out your opponents ... again, at ANY COST possible.

That's why there is gear and revenge in this game; so that the 4v4 modes will be chaotic and warlike.

If you want just a straight-up fighter matchup you do 1v1 or 2v2; it's just how this game works. You can argue that it should be different and you're entitled to your opinion but (a) I don't see Ubi changing it .. like.. at all and (b) you are asking what to do NOW with the game as it currently IS. You've been explained your options. If you don't like what the game is offering you than I think you know what to do.

Obdach01
03-20-2017, 08:47 AM
Mate, you received quite a few tips and solutions to your problem... somehow you have a problem with all. YOu know what happens in that case? There is no solution... that simple.

If you dislike all possibilities, then you have none left... simple as that. Community tried to help you, you don't like, case closed.

Gray360UK
03-20-2017, 02:12 PM
I level up vs AI until I feel confident enough to go into PvP, it really is the best solution and when you think about it we are lucky to have that option.

In most other level + gear based games you wouldn't be able to take your level 10 gear 5 guy into a fight with level 100's with gear 108. They have level brackets as standard and you simply wouldn't find yourself in these unfair situations. For Honor doesn't do that for you, so think of AI mode as you doing it for yourself.

nyankonono73
03-20-2017, 03:34 PM
The matchmaking is a joke in this game, almost on par with networking. And I think it's because if you observe how the sequence goes, you will see that first it looks for the same ranks and stuff and then it moves all the way to extended to all skills and levels. There is something wrong in their algorithm for sure for it always chooses the widest panel of possibilities before locking to anything.

Anyway, back to the real subject, as long as Ubisoft doesn't fix matchmaking, there is no real good solution to your problem I am afraid. Play other games and wait a bit in hoping they will come up with some good fix. Personally, I always use my main to go pvp so I can farm good gear and steel for my next hero: the centurion. And so I usually get matched with low levels and I feel sorry for them.

Mr.Riot
03-20-2017, 03:42 PM
lol Skill>Gear Stats. But i would like it if they gave a 4v4 mode with no gear stats or feats. some people want to play competitively with 3 other friends.