PDA

View Full Version : Parry timing; too early or too late?

Moondyne_MC
03-20-2017, 02:03 AM
First off, apologies that I don't have a video to illustrate the point, although I'm sure plenty of people will know what I'm talking about.

So, with certain attacks parries are dead easy. Timing makes sense, the outcome makes sense. However, I'll find with certain heavy attacks (berserker seems to be number 1 offender), that despite waiting till a split second before contact, pressing the parry button simply results in me attempting to do a heavy. I wait for the perfect timing, only to groan as I see my heavy startup animation.

Seeing as practice only trains you against one type of attack from one enemy, it's become very difficult to judge whether I'm trying to parry too early or too late. Anyone have any ideas?

AcceptYourDeath
03-20-2017, 02:25 AM
The parry window should be when enemys attack indicator flashes up for a brief moment till your block indicator flashes I think. Anything outside this timeframe starts a heavy attack obviously. You also do a heavy attack within this timeframe if you only do a short click as far as I know, you have to hold the button.

pancakerz
03-20-2017, 02:29 AM
It also has to do with connection. I know some rounds I can parry/deflect my opponents with little difficulty, and other rounds it's impossible. Even if my timing is perfect, I still miss 3/4 of my parries in those games.
It seems like half the battle in this game is testing the timings to see how the connection is, and if it's worth it to try to parry.