PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's need unblockables lol

slim147
03-19-2017, 11:44 PM
*Rant*
I know people aren't going to agree but there's no way to get through a good turtle, they won't attack unless they parry or block and they sit on the guardbreak button just waiting for you to try it and countering it every time and they know when feints are coming there's no way to create an opening ..when attacking guardbreaking and feints don't work ..assassin's can't do anything ..I've tried quick light attacks every direction,feints, guardbreaking waiting for them to attack and they don't , if it's elimitation they sit there waiting until either my teammate comes and attacks giving them revenge or vise versa

If the assassin's had an unblockable even if it was weak as **** and did only 5 damage just something to open up a turtle so they can't just can't block everything I throw..and not every turtle is flawless some are **** but I'd say 1 in 10 matches has a pro turtle where they won't attack unless they parry or block and are flawless countering a GB

And b4 the get good comments come my main is a rep 12 berserker (xbox) 70%+ win ratio on all play modes I don't have a problem with most players but when a turtle gets in the game its either Die or Tie all you have to do is turtle to beat an assassin I said I know people will disagree and say the assassin's have deflects and are faster but those mean nothing againts a blocking player that sits in their shell

Every other hero has an unblockable and it is the key to breaking a turtle she'll even the valkyrie has unblockables and a deflect so I don't see why the assassin's where not given a a super weak one due to them being a weaker class but instead they didn't give us one

I don't think that they thought about how an assassin was supposed counter just blocking in a 1v1

Other then turtles I can deal with spam and everything else fine because there's away around it...

If there's a way around fighting turtle's with assassins please let me know I can't find it like ,I stated I belive I've tried everything.. every move the assassin's have and in a 1v1 a good turtle will always beat an assassin since we have no unblockable
*end rant* *start hate comments*

Wateverdude
03-20-2017, 03:39 AM
Giving Assassins unblockable wont solve anything. Cracking a turtle require skill, patient and coordination. They will parry, dodge and spamming rev all day long and unblockable helps very little.

That's why we have the disabler, LB and Valk work wonder agaisnt turtle. Or you can ignore the turtle, kill his team and dump all your damage feat on him.

Me and myfriend both rep 0 Orochi, we fought against a 108 turtling Warlord that thought his gears gonna save him, 1 person GB and the other go for the attack, when he rev just back down and priority dodging the headbutt. We killed him so many time until he realized he cannot win over 2 experienced players.

Eddeh07
03-20-2017, 03:45 AM
Cracking a turtle require skill, patient and coordination. They will parry, dodge and spamming rev all day long

I love video game discussions. When taken out of context of the game, we all must sound completely crazy!

Dude, it's just a turtle, what did it ever do to you?!

SangLong524
03-20-2017, 03:46 AM
Ahem, what happened to assassins' unblockables? Start DEFLECTING!!! Some of them cannot be parried or dodged. Tch!

Simi_Xiamara_
03-20-2017, 03:47 AM
I love video game discussions. When taken out of context of the game, we all must sound completely crazy!

Dude, it's just a turtle, what did it ever do to you?!

I hate it when a turtle dodges me.... plz nerf

TCTF_SWAT
03-20-2017, 03:55 AM
I'd like a disable move for my PK. Would be nice.

Wateverdude
03-20-2017, 04:27 AM

That would be your grab "peri" disabling and doing dmg at the same time.

slim147
03-20-2017, 04:28 AM
Ahem, what happened to assassins' unblockables? Start DEFLECTING!!! Some of them cannot be parried or dodged. Tch!

How can you deflect if they don't attack.....

Simi_Xiamara_
03-20-2017, 04:29 AM
That would be your grab "peri" disabling and doing dmg at the same time.
What he rly ment to say was he wants samurai 1 shot bow and unblockable feat

CoyoteXStarrk
03-20-2017, 04:33 AM
No.

Its bad enough that my Zerker has uninterruptible overheads.

Add unblockables to that and the casuals who already complain about the Assassins will spontaneously combust

SangLong524
03-20-2017, 04:34 AM
How can you deflect if they don't attack.....
Uhm, that would be a very determined turtle. Best bet is out turtle the turtle. Or play a little mind game and go for GB if your capability can afford.
Otherwise, stay away and stay put. Eventually, the turtle will try to attack

Wateverdude
03-20-2017, 04:41 AM
What he rly ment to say was he wants samurai 1 shot bow and unblockable feat

:D

Viruletic
03-20-2017, 06:38 AM
Why do people think assassins are so ridiculously overpowered? Theyre great noob punishers, harrasers and are annoying, thats for sure, but beyond that they have a lot of weaknesses, ESPECIALLY against turtles when their only opener is a GB.

They're underrepresented in higher levels of play, hell I do better with my level 10 lawbringer half the time than I do with my PK against the same people. PK is rep 3 and I have about 20 hours more experience with her, but lawbringer is much easier to play when I'm fighting competent opponents. If I'm matched against newer players PK takes the cake, but use the same tactics or even switch it up and you'll get stomped by anyone competent.

Can't really comment on berserker and orochi, but from what I've heard orochi is trash in the upper levels.

Zv1k0
03-20-2017, 10:08 AM
Why do people think assassins are so ridiculously overpowered? Theyre great noob punishers, harrasers and are annoying, thats for sure, but beyond that they have a lot of weaknesses, ESPECIALLY against turtles when their only opener is a GB.

They're underrepresented in higher levels of play, hell I do better with my level 10 lawbringer half the time than I do with my PK against the same people. PK is rep 3 and I have about 20 hours more experience with her, but lawbringer is much easier to play when I'm fighting competent opponents. If I'm matched against newer players PK takes the cake, but use the same tactics or even switch it up and you'll get stomped by anyone competent.

Can't really comment on berserker and orochi, but from what I've heard orochi is trash in the upper levels.

Your PK must su ck if you do better with LB. Right now PK is the only assassin who can do good in higher level. Berserker is similar but slower and his za is garbage. Saying that, PK is only good because of za flicker...light attacks aren't even that fast. Valk has the same i think, even Warlords light attacks are as fast as PK. That 1 frame is nothing.

Iuslez_
03-20-2017, 10:14 AM

Yeah, PK are so underepresented at high level play that they have won most tournaments (tied up with warlord). Meanwhile nobody plays the lawbringer in tournaments because he is so OP that top player feel like it is cheating using him.

Yep, you sure know how that game works.

WhyJimmy
03-20-2017, 10:35 AM
Well I didn't read much, only that you're unable to beat turtles because you can't do an unblockable that can be parried.

But as a lawbringer (massive turtle) I can confirm that if you git gud you can kill a turtle without unblockables. NEXT POST

CoyoteXStarrk
03-20-2017, 10:36 AM
Well I didn't read much, only that you're unable to beat turtles because you can't do an unblockable that can be parried.

But as a lawbringer (massive turtle) I can confirm that if you git gud you can kill a turtle without unblockables. NEXT POST

Tell us how then.

Don't pretend you have knowledge to solve the problem and then leave.

Tell us or shut your mouth.

WhyJimmy
03-20-2017, 10:47 AM
Tell us how then.

Don't pretend you have knowledge to solve the problem and then leave.

Tell us or shut your mouth.

Ok, I will share my knowledge on this matter. Feints
Deflects
Parries
Zone attacks
Unpredictable light attacks (not spam)
and a few other things I'm probably missing. Tell me (cause I didn't read much) What character are you?

Zv1k0
03-20-2017, 11:05 AM
Ok, I will share my knowledge on this matter. Feints
Deflects
Parries
Zone attacks
Unpredictable light attacks (not spam)
and a few other things I'm probably missing. Tell me (cause I didn't read much) What character are you?

None of that works 100% especially not in highest level and against Conq or Warlord. You are mentioning deflects and parries. We are talking about fighting trutles.........zone attacks? We are talking about fighting turtles...........feints is your strongest tool against them but again they can feint a parry as well so what are you going to do? Since this is the most safe and op playstyle right now and you are sooo goos against it then how come you havent won any tournaments yet. Good question...

WhyJimmy
03-20-2017, 01:12 PM
None of that works 100% especially not in highest level and against Conq or Warlord. You are mentioning deflects and parries. We are talking about fighting trutles.........zone attacks? We are talking about fighting turtles...........feints is your strongest tool against them but again they can feint a parry as well so what are you going to do? Since this is the most safe and op playstyle right now and you are sooo goos against it then how come you havent won any tournaments yet. Good question...

Well the main argument here is that assassins need unblockables, right? Well those can be parried and unless you make them extremely fast then they will be parried. We are talking about high leveled play here right? And correct me if I'm wrong but you can guardbreak somebody when they are feinting their parry. Besides, isn't peacekeeper (an assassin) one of the best characters in the game?

Also Im just a simple LB main on xbox, that's probably why I've never been in or won a tournament. I also suck at fighting wardens, so that's a problem.

MeArney
03-20-2017, 01:19 PM
You already have the spam light until out of stamina. PK and WL make the top10 in competitve players already. I think the LB, Raiderand Kensei buffs are in place before we even discuss about buffing assassins, and that buff does not include PK, believe me.

Dont believe me? Go to the reddit competitive subforum and get laughed at, while trying to explain that PK needs a buff