PDA

View Full Version : Playing with a friend : Am I missing something ??

We.the.North
03-19-2017, 09:14 PM
Ok, so my friend enters For Honor and we want to play together.

#1 : My friend goes to "Social" and invites me to his group
#2 : I need to "Alt+Tab" from the game and open a Uplay Chat Window.
#3 : The invite from my friend will pop in the Uplay Chat Window, I click accept
#4 : My friend and I need to speak in Uplay, outside the game since it wont allow us to speak in the game for as long as we're not into a game.
#5 : We pick a game mode and enter battle ......

One of us disconnects

#6 : The group is broken, we need to Alt+Tab and start this ******** all over again.

Am I not doing something right ?? Is this really how a multiplayer game is setup nowadays ??
Ubisoft please, what kind of noob game directors design a game that way ??

AKDagriZ
03-19-2017, 10:34 PM
very annoying.Most of the time the group broke on a freeze to world map
I would add when the group broke 50% of the time some will have to restart the game because the invite now wont work .If you are 3 , yes sometime one of the 2 other will be able to send an invite to join group.

UbiJurassic
03-20-2017, 12:07 AM
Ok, so my friend enters For Honor and we want to play together.

#1 : My friend goes to "Social" and invites me to his group
#2 : I need to "Alt+Tab" from the game and open a Uplay Chat Window.
#3 : The invite from my friend will pop in the Uplay Chat Window, I click accept
#4 : My friend and I need to speak in Uplay, outside the game since it wont allow us to speak in the game for as long as we're not into a game.
#5 : We pick a game mode and enter battle ......

One of us disconnects

#6 : The group is broken, we need to Alt+Tab and start this ******** all over again.

Am I not doing something right ?? Is this really how a multiplayer game is setup nowadays ??
Ubisoft please, what kind of noob game directors design a game that way ??

We're aware that some players experience group disconnects in-game and we're working on resolving it. Have you tried inviting him to your game session instead?

Also, you can open the PC UPlay overlay to accept game invites in-game by pressing Shift+F2, instead of having to Alt+Tab.

Bob__Gnarly
03-20-2017, 12:20 AM
Also, you can open the PC UPlay overlay to accept game invites in-game by pressing Shift+F2, instead of having to Alt+Tab.

I've seen the pop up message say this, but funnily enough the overlay doesn't work. I click shift + f2 and nothing happens.

I fixed this a while back, then had to reinstall the game and now the problem has reared its ugly head again and I just can't be stuffed trying to fix it this time. So over troubleshooting this game. At the end of the day Uplay is junk, I wish wasn't forced to install it on my machine.

We.the.North
03-20-2017, 01:04 AM
Disconnects happen, wheter we're on my session or his session. That's not the issue.

The issue comes from the overlay not working and no in-game chat outside of a game in progress. That forces us to constantly alt tab since we're not playing with a microphone and thus, we need to use the Uplay chat to communicate for stuff we are trying to do in-game before a match.