PDA

View Full Version : PK's zone attack

PhYcE-
03-19-2017, 07:10 PM
I'm fine with everything else about the PK but I'd love it if that Zone attack wasn't safe. I'd like it to be similar to the wardens where if it is blocked you get a free guard break. Any thoughts? I may just not know how to punish it correctly and if that is the case please enlighten me.

I am loving the game! Thank you Ubisoft I am having tons of fans with it.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-19-2017, 07:19 PM
I'm fine with everything else about the PK but I'd love it if that Zone attack wasn't safe. I'd like it to be similar to the wardens where if it is blocked you get a free guard break. Any thoughts? I may just not know how to punish it correctly and if that is the case please enlighten me.

None of the classes that can cancel their zone attack after 1st swing can be punished

Danioku
03-19-2017, 07:36 PM
No cancel and no double indicator bug abuse and it would be fine

Simi_Xiamara_
03-19-2017, 07:53 PM
No cancel and no double indicator bug abuse and it would be fine
Then using a zone attack on nobushi pk and who every else can cancel(I think valkyrie) would be suicide

VillNess
03-19-2017, 08:03 PM
I wish they added more startup frames for the zone attack as a PK player so I could start using it without it feeling like cheating.

BananaBlighter
03-19-2017, 10:32 PM
I'm a PK main and I absolutely agree. There has to be more punishment for getting it blocked because right now it's just this one move I can always use to guarantee some damage so long as the enemy isn't already holding the correct stance.

Also slow it down a bit, because right now it almost seems that the damage is applied before the actual animation hits.

Steelsoldier555
03-19-2017, 10:43 PM
Agreed, slow it down! I see too many PK's abusing the attack because it's so fast and it's near impossible to counter unless already blocking from that side. There's not enough punishment on the PK's end for getting countered.

corazondedelfin
03-19-2017, 11:16 PM
Zone attacks should do BARELY NO DAMAGE in a 1 vs 1, they werent supposed to be used for that, its a cancer in this videogame, IN THE BETA NOBODY WAS EVEN USING THAT, and the game was so much fun when dueling. Even in the tutorial they teach you to use it against minions, for gods sake.

UbiJurassic
03-19-2017, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the feedback on Peacekeeper's zone attack. The community has been very concerned on the balance of peacekeeper, especially her zone attack. It's great to see some constructive conversation regarding it! I'll forward it to the team. :)

Lionardudu
03-19-2017, 11:57 PM
Just put all aoe to 1 (except the raider that is more a skill than an aoe XD ) they will fullfill their job as minon killer or zone tool and dont become abusable as soft feint attack in 1v1.

Or just slow them down, so they cant be used as 1v1 tool. (not the raider one its just so slow XD)

Orochi and pk are too fast, nobushi will be fine if sometimes dont hit before the animation and its really too much damage for an aoe 360 with a great range.....

JeeNiNe
03-20-2017, 12:26 AM

I second this idea, also maybe slow it down to 12 frames like other fast zone attacks.
And side note, it wouldnt make sense to prevent any character from canceling there second swing on any zone, it would get people parried from using there zone.