PDA

View Full Version : 62% stuck, stupid rope :-) plz help

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 09:45 AM
Can anybody help me? I'm stuck at 62% at the first rope you find when you get out of the well.

I know I have to rebound jump the switches but somehow by the time I've jumped back the rope is still swinging too far away so I fall on the spikes.

Is there anybody who's got a good tip or a PC savegame @ the next savepoint. If so plz email @ YsBlok@hotmail.com.

Thnx,

YsBlok

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 09:45 AM
Can anybody help me? I'm stuck at 62% at the first rope you find when you get out of the well.

I know I have to rebound jump the switches but somehow by the time I've jumped back the rope is still swinging too far away so I fall on the spikes.

Is there anybody who's got a good tip or a PC savegame @ the next savepoint. If so plz email @ YsBlok@hotmail.com.

Thnx,

YsBlok

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 02:30 PM
You really have to jump right at the very top of the swing then instantly press the rebound. As in everything with this game you just have to keep trying. Again and again and again.

And again

And again

XyZspineZyX
12-06-2003, 12:24 AM
I have the PC version and I can confirm, this part of the game must be flawed. I have been trying about an hour to rebound off the wall to get back on the rope. There is absolutely no way to get back to the rope in time. The timing of the game has a problem. It takes too long to rebound.

XyZspineZyX
12-06-2003, 04:16 AM
You have to time it right. I don't have the PC version, but maybe you aren't doing it the right way? Are you hitting the yellow switch or the white switch, first? I kept hitting the yellow one my first time, and never got anywhere /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif . If that's the problem, then it's WHITE first, YELLOW second, and the door drops down and you can swing to it. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

If it's due to timing... swing for a while before you jump. Watch how far you swing from back to front, see when the momentum of your swing slows down and starts to fall back - or forward, depending on the swing. Once you get a good idea on how to time it right, go for it. And remember there's always the Dagger of Time. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Hope this helps. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
12-06-2003, 05:36 AM
Ok, I finally got it. It really isn't all about timing though. There are two elements that I had to have just right. The first part was the position on the rope. I had to climb the rope about two lenghts before swingning. Then after I had full swing I would wait until I started back downward a little ways then I would jump. This would allow the rope enough time to get back to where I needed it. It was the same for both switches. Length of the rope and backswing were the key.

Thanks for the help though guys!

XyZspineZyX
12-06-2003, 09:48 AM
Worked for me too, I just kept trying to jump at the highest point but you have to jump when it's already swinging back.

Thnx everybody.

XyZspineZyX
12-10-2003, 10:40 PM
didn't even know it was hard, made it on the first try...
81% on the other
hand, been there for almost 2 days....