PDA

View Full Version : Lets be clear about the quick chat texts

Mudflaaaps
03-19-2017, 06:05 PM
When someone is saying 'wow!' They're not saying 'wow you're really good', they're saying 'wow you're spamming me/throwing me off a cliff/being a filthy player, sort your life out'

When someone says 'good fight!' After you've cheesed them, they're not really saying good fight. They're saying 'go f-yourself, you talentless waste of skin'.

When someone says 'go!', they could mean several different things. But it's certainly not an encouragement. It's more 'go hang yourself, you filthy cretin'. Or possibly 'go f your mother and try harder than I did you spamming warden moron'.

Any other quick chats people use as insults for cheaters? Post them below, let's get on the same page.

Zv1k0
03-19-2017, 06:16 PM
Not everyone is a **** you know..my good fight means good fight wether you kill me "legitimately" or pushing of a cliff.

Wow could mean a lots of things...why wouldnt it be used for good plays? I use it. If someone parries "really hard to parry" attack well thats a very good play and wow deserved...such a bad community in this game...what a shame.

I just wish we could write im chat on ps4 like pc players can.

Gray360UK
03-19-2017, 06:20 PM
Agree with you on the first 2, but you know only your own team can see GO!
I spam GO! GO! GO! if someone on my team is fighting really well, last man vs 3 taking them all on etc
If you are using it to abuse your enemies, you are doing it very wrong ;)

teksuo1
03-19-2017, 06:24 PM
i would remove it completely on PC and have the LB for push-to-talk instead.

sick of open mic.

cragar212
03-19-2017, 06:40 PM
U mad bruh

Turric4n666
03-19-2017, 06:44 PM
wow!
wow!
wow!

Ausweisen
03-19-2017, 06:47 PM
wow!
wow!
wow!

wow!
Go!
I got this!

AKDagriZ
03-19-2017, 07:00 PM
What if i say nothing or answer nothing ? Is the worst insult ?

I only say good fight when it was a very intense fight .Even if at the end i get throw off cliff

secrecy274
03-19-2017, 07:31 PM
Not even close, if I say "wow" followed by "Good fight" I mean it.

Dry.Fish
03-19-2017, 08:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XY4YOUt.png

tonycawley69
03-19-2017, 08:55 PM
Somebody has anger issues.

It appears op doesn't like life very much, there's counselors for this sort of thing.

AgentCelt
03-19-2017, 09:06 PM
Wow!
Wow!
Wow! = **** you.

I can relate.

SirCorrino
03-19-2017, 10:06 PM
GO!
I GOT THIS!
GO!

means Hey Orochi, get the F off the point and do something useful, I'm a heavy and I can guard it well enough alone, you have no business here

THE_H3XMAN
03-19-2017, 10:10 PM
Use Wow! in game a fair bit myself, usually for unexpected reversals in the fight (going either way) or a particularly furious kicking when I recieve one lol. Never seen the need to spam it as an insult though, I mean most players get salty sooner or later and "cheese" can be expected but is it really worth making an *** of yourself for a silly comment in a game?

TheCadian_
03-19-2017, 10:23 PM
I combine 'Wow' and 'Good Fight' when I come across an absolutely fantastic fighter (this is mostly going to Kensei atm) where there is great back and forth and the results are close or they absolutely decimated me.

'Thanks' is for when I see more than two 'Good Fight' emotes.

'Wow' also goes for leaping kills from ledges, gank spanks, or cliff throws where I failed to land by own GB or CGB. Honestly I have not problem with being thrown off of a ledge, at this point in the game if someone does throw me off it is my own damn fault for failing the counter guard break or standing in a location where I can be thrown off. I also have no problem throwing most people off ledges, except in duels against great opponents.

'Go!' for me always was a bit of an encouragement.

'Ok!' really translates to no that wasn't a good fight, you're playing in a tacky way (usually means I need to adapt and ends up with me winning).

'Sorry' obviously is for when something goes wrong in a fight, I suck in it, or I axe someone in the back.

BananaBlighter
03-19-2017, 10:27 PM
I always use a sarcastic 'Thanks' when I get pushed off a ledge.

We.the.North
03-19-2017, 10:34 PM
So you want the same treatment Hearthstone got with the "sorry" emote ?? It was removed for the new "Wow !!" emote, which wasn't better ...

People will always grief with what they are given. It's part of the game and will always exist. Remove something, they'll find something else. So keep the "wow!" emote, some people actually use it for the "wow!".

Eddeh07
03-19-2017, 11:56 PM
Language is fun, huh?!

Context is everything here. If I get destroyed by a crazy combo or an impressive reversal, I'll absolutely throw out a "wow" with appreciation for the other player's skill. Likewise, I'm well aware that if that combo ends in me getting pushed off a cliff edge, then using "wow" might be interpreted as sarcasm (which is why personally, I tend not to use it in those circumstances unless I pair it with a "good game"). But even that can come across the wrong way. Its use is fluid like that, and sometimes the intention can seem murky.

The only thing I'm certain of, is that you can't police peoples' intention when using quick chat. So to say "let's be clear, 'Wow' means this that or the other" is a little absurd

Turric4n666
03-20-2017, 12:01 AM
Well.. after the code of Honor, now the code of being salty.

Eddeh07
03-20-2017, 12:15 AM
Well.. after the code of Honor, now the code of being salty.

Ha! True

Dry.Fish
03-20-2017, 12:38 AM
Can we just fight and keep it civil without all the bs
Between hate mail, toxic mic's and emote spam, this is why I don't use quick chat because it can be interpreted into different things.

Eddeh07
03-20-2017, 12:47 AM
I hear you, mate. Sort of par for the course with Internet gaming though. I'd like to think that my "wow"s etc are always taken in good faith when I use them, but there's probably a high chance that some people think I'm just being sarcastic in the moment. that's sort of the base level of expectation that comes from the overwhelming excess of bs you're describing. Wish it wasn't the case, but have a feeling we're stuck with it unfortunately

psyminion
03-20-2017, 02:28 AM
I only use wow when I'm 3-4 vs 1 gang-banged, rekd by someone with superior skills, or pushed off a ledge after I could have but didn't.

all the rest i use as normal.... like 'thanks' or 'good fight'.
even when I spam them.
I get excited. lol

Gray360UK
03-20-2017, 02:33 AM
If I put Wow! before Thanks! or before Good Fight! then I don't mean it. For me that's sarcastic. if you push me over a ledge or drop kill me, or hit me once as I'm on my way past you to get to heal boost, and you kill me by doing 10 damage with a single light then 'Wow! Good fight!' is used.

If it's really a Good Fight then I leave out the Wow!

Likewise if a team mate gets me killed, by using their feat or by triggering enemy Revenge or whatever then they get 'Wow! Thanks!'

If I really want to say Thanks then I leave out the Wow!

Wow! Wow! Wow! I think we all agree on though, universal for 'that was lame' and at the same time 'I am a salty baby' ;)

I also use just Wow! for when an enemy is a complete noob and dies spectacularly, or for if a team mate is emote spamming too much.

Generally for me, the quick chats are all sarcastic. I think I am naturally sarcastic, haha :D

pancakerz
03-20-2017, 02:33 AM
When someone is saying 'wow!' They're not saying 'wow you're really good', they're saying 'wow you're spamming me/throwing me off a cliff/being a filthy player, sort your life out'

When someone says 'good fight!' After you've cheesed them, they're not really saying good fight. They're saying 'go f-yourself, you talentless waste of skin'.

When someone says 'go!', they could mean several different things. But it's certainly not an encouragement. It's more 'go hang yourself, you filthy cretin'. Or possibly 'go f your mother and try harder than I did you spamming warden moron'.

Any other quick chats people use as insults for cheaters? Post them below, let's get on the same page.

Dude, I've never seen somebody project so hard like that. These are you're feelings, not the actual intent. Hell, most of the time the intent is context sensitive, though I for one never use "good fight" sarcastically.

TCTF_SWAT
03-20-2017, 03:20 AM
Please wait 10 seconds

CLaw2017
03-20-2017, 04:32 AM
Agree with you on the first 2, but you know only your own team can see GO!
I spam GO! GO! GO! if someone on my team is fighting really well, last man vs 3 taking them all on etc
If you are using it to abuse your enemies, you are doing it very wrong ;)

Agreed.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-20-2017, 04:55 AM
I need the following options in quick chat asap please

"You are trash"

"You only kill me when its 2v1"

"Nice PeaceKeeper do they make it for men?"

" Stop running away like a B*tch everytime I start kicking your ***"

Mudflaaaps
03-20-2017, 02:07 PM
Anyone suggesting I'm 'salty' or mad are clearly the people who cheese everything in this game.
If you're doing anything other than playing fairly and respectfully, you're a disappointment.
I say 'good fight' to people who ACTUALLY have a good fight, what I have no time for is people who have to use dirty tactics to win then think they're amazing. Most often, these people will rematch then cry and ragequit when you cheese them back.

My favourite trick is changing to peacekeeper, light spamming them to death and waiting for a ragequit.

If you want to be a filthy player, you deserve filthy play.

Gray360UK
03-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Anyone suggesting I'm 'salty' or mad are clearly the people who cheese everything in this game.
If you're doing anything other than playing fairly and respectfully, you're a disappointment.
I say 'good fight' to people who ACTUALLY have a good fight, what I have no time for is people who have to use dirty tactics to win then think they're amazing. Most often, these people will rematch then cry and ragequit when you cheese them back.

My favourite trick is changing to peacekeeper, light spamming them to death and waiting for a ragequit.

Yep, definitely salty and mad ;)

Vingrask
03-20-2017, 02:37 PM
Why so much hate over "map kills"? It's not like someone coudn't do that, it's there for everybody. Besides, counter guard break (cgb) isn't that hard: there is specific situations to expect it. Avoid close range if you aren't controlling the fight and get prepared.

Throw someone isn't my objective, but if I manage to grab you over a cliff, you bet I will do it.

RatedChaotic
03-20-2017, 02:40 PM
I had a few matches last night that was hilarious. Son and I was beating these 2 they ended up pushing us off. Next round we instantly pushed them off. Then they rage quit. Sad thing is we had 3 matches just like that each with completely different opponents. Players dish it out but get very salty when its done to them. Its hilarious.

Personally I hate that theres so much environmental hazards in this game that it encourages this gameplay. Tho it is what it is. So I try to push players off every chance I get.

To stay on topic. I only use quick chat for bots since they are about the only ones on the battlefield that listen to them and actually know what they mean. As you can tell from this thread.

Turric4n666
03-20-2017, 02:50 PM
Yep, definitely salty and mad ;)

+1 lol

buhahh125
03-20-2017, 11:03 PM
I spam "Wow" to mock salty players like you. You say "Wow" once, I'll say it 3 times and then get a good laugh on my end. If I die to something in this game, even if it's being thrown, then to be completely honest I have no reason to use "Wow" (and mean it as an insult) when I could have played it better and did the same to my opponent. Otherwise you better bet I will try and stay away from an enviro. kill. ^_^

Thanapetus
03-21-2017, 12:07 AM

Typically I will try and play a low level and its fine if I get rekt. Dont spam me if you kill me if you are a 108 and I am level 10 with a gs of 36. You arent special because if you do I will make you rage quit if you are stupid enough to play the next game and we are on opposing sides.

I will get my LB, I will push you in a wall. I will throw you around like the scared ***** you are, you will die and I will ride my pony on your corpse after i impale you with justice.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-21-2017, 12:16 AM
I think you incorrectly spelled tactics and advantage.

AWorldofPain54
03-21-2017, 12:52 AM
There is no honor in war or battle! Go ahead, throw me off if you can, it might be your only chance to win! I'll definitely throw you off, or into a saw, or a fire, or spikes....don't be dumb and fight by a hazard if you don't want to die by it. If i get thrown off, i don't cry, I take it like a man! Winning is winning and wining is wining! You can be a winner or a winer who cries!

THEPH0NECOMPANY
03-21-2017, 02:15 AM
wow!
Go!
I got this!

Good Fight!

I_am_a_robot
03-21-2017, 03:42 AM
lol i agree with the OP

I_am_a_robot
03-21-2017, 03:48 AM
especially wow as in wow, youre such a spamming ganking pushing no skills fking noob

Mudflaaaps
03-21-2017, 08:43 PM
Comments on here are so stupid. This game is literally called 'for honor' and the campaign is all about honor. The devs have admitted that certain cheese methods are dishonorable. Though. Ghey also say it's there so use it if you're a dirty player.

Don't play like a wimp and be aware that 'wow!' Is 99% of the time a way of saying 'f you, you filthy little cretin'

Prophit618
03-21-2017, 10:55 PM
When I say "Wow" it means i'm surprised at some turn of events that just happened.
When I say "Good Fight!" it means I enjoyed the match or you beat me so handily I'm showing you respect for it.
When I say "Go!"....I don't actually say Go. But when I say "Sorry!" it's always because I messed up someone else's gameplan or threw someone off a cliff by accident (if I do it on purpose, no apologies).

If I find myself upset or offended by the way someone played, there's plenty of time between rounds, or when i'm down if they won, to be open about what they did to upset me.

If you really want people to inherently know what you're saying, say what you mean.

Gray360UK
03-22-2017, 12:47 AM
Comments on here are so stupid. This game is literally called 'for honor' and the campaign is all about honor. The devs have admitted that certain cheese methods are dishonorable. Though. Ghey also say it's there so use it if you're a dirty player.

Don't play like a wimp and be aware that 'wow!' Is 99% of the time a way of saying 'f you, you filthy little cretin'

The campaign is about the absence of honour actually, you weren't paying attention. Go play it again and write down everytime you see something dishonourable happen. You will need a BIG sheet of paper and your favourite crayons.

No Dev has said any such thing.

Watch the intro cinematic for the game. Tell me how long it takes for an honourable 1 vs 1 between a Viking and a Samurai to get interrupted.

Watch the Warden Advanced Tutorial, just to pick one, and tell me how many seconds it takes before the Warden wins a duel by kicking their opponent over a ledge.

Play against Ubisofts own bots, who will drop kill you, gank you and throw you off ledges, and run off to get heal boosts, or double team your partner in Brawls.

Enter any game mode designed by Ubisoft and count all the 'dishonourable' kill methods they deliberately placed into that mode.

You are not in the real world, you are in a fantasy Hello Kitty version of For Honor that exists entirely in your head and has no basis in reality.

FirestormX5
03-22-2017, 01:07 AM

LOL absolutely funny but I get you, its upsetting sometimes and more upsetting the even non offensive negatives don't exist in the game

Oakleaf__Ranger
03-22-2017, 02:10 AM
wow/good fight/sorry- context sensitive that can usually taken as is but may sometimes be used negatively

spamming wow- tends to be used in a sarcastic manner but can be used when something amazing/badazz happens

spamming good fight- tends to be sarcastic when a fight was cheesy/unfair

ok/spamming ok- someone is dishonorable scum and everything is fair game

spamming sorry- not actually sorry

That's what I think at least, I wish we could what pc gets for quick chat or something similar though.

ArlianDeBias
03-22-2017, 03:07 AM
Good Fight x 1 = That was a good fight!
Wow x 1 = Wow, that was surprising!
Thanks x 1 = Thanks for that!

Good Fight x 3 = Get wrecked.
Wow x 3 = Wow, you're bad.
Thanks x 3 = Thanks for proving that I'm better than you.

At least that's how I use and perceive them. I only use the latter spam and meanings when I'm playing against a cheap or salty player.