PDA

View Full Version : Is there a trick now to be able to do a loop in the Bf109...???

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 02:00 AM
I can't seem to get the hang of doing a straight loop in any of the 109's post patch. They seem prone to stalling when inverted even at reasonable speed sending me into an inverted flat spin.

Or do I need to use rudder to counter for inverted propwash or something?

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 02:00 AM
I can't seem to get the hang of doing a straight loop in any of the 109's post patch. They seem prone to stalling when inverted even at reasonable speed sending me into an inverted flat spin.

Or do I need to use rudder to counter for inverted propwash or something?

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 02:04 AM
WOW i would be impressed if they didnt do loops well.

ive read many accounst where the pilots would never do loops because of the slats in the wings for low speed manuverability the would often fall open from gravity and cause the plane to flail uncontrolably.

that would be trully impressive if they modeld this...

but i have never tried it since the patch.

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 02:17 AM
WarGod5475 wrote:
- WOW i would be impressed if they didnt do loops
- well.
-

Actually they don't do loops at all now.

Unless I'm doing something wrong after the patch?

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 02:30 AM
Behold, the loop. *applause*

http://members.shaw.ca/fennec/loop2.avi

<embed src="http://members.shaw.ca/fennec/loop2.avi">

<div align=center>http://www.members.shaw.ca/fennec/plane.jpg </div><font size=-9>

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 02:57 AM
TB-3's loop very nicely now

----------------------------------------

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 03:46 AM
109 doesnt do much of anything any more

"Of all my accomplishments I may have achieved during the war, I am proudest of the fact that I never lost a wingman. It was my view that no kill was worth the life of a wingman. . . . Pilots in my unit who lost wingmen on this basis were prohibited from leading a [section]. They were made to fly as wingman, instead."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann "Karaya One"

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 03:50 AM
They are still just as deadly if you know how to fly them. I wouldnt mess with any 109 that has a pilot who knows what he is doing behind it.

"Ich bin ein Wuergerwhiner"

"The future battle on the ground will be preceded by battle in the air. This will determine which of the contestants has to suffer operational and tactical disadvantages and be forced throughout the battle into adoption compromise solutions." --Erwin Rommel

http://lbhskier37.freeservers.com/Mesig.jpg
--NJG26_Killa--

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 04:11 AM
Yup.

Watch your throttle in dives for possible overheats, be wary of the speed you enter maneuvers, and keep your eyes open for overspeed, and the 109's are just as deadly.

The Bf109s were never great in pure BnZ due to the heavy control inputs and loss of responsiveness, but in an aggressive E-fight, it absolutely excells.

Just, get the hang of the new changes and it should be fine.

-----------
Due to pressure from the moderators, the sig returns to..

"It's the machine, not the man." - Materialist, and proud of it!

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 05:23 AM
Greetings all!
I started all new campaigns since the patch, one being German Fighter. Currently flying the F-2.. Performed a loop earlier today in a dogfight in which case it placed me just above and behind that pesky Yak who was trying to scissor in behind me and get a passing shot. It can be done, but it's tricky and it takes a little time to complete...Really anything in a 109 is tricky now apart from just level flight but I have read accounts to that effect. I like what has been done to the plane, it is highly manueverable at medium speeds; at low speed...well in anything at low speed and your as good as dead; at high speed (450km/h+) B&Z is one's best option but maintaining speed and altitude is priority, deadwreckoning your position, especially when in a mountainous area, is vital, and assesment of control surface performance is essential (the side of a hill doesn't feel all that great at 600km/h..) However; I do know how you feel, I was a bit surprised when I jumped into my favorite 109 post-patch to find it had been out all night drinking prior to the day's flight...Those nice, quick, snappy turns and loop-rolls are gone. But then again, the computer AI is in the same boat. Keep on flying, it'll come to you. -regards PJ-

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 05:45 AM
I did several tight loops today; I even managed to stay with a Lavochkin.

After I did some tweaking to stop the odd propensity for lefthand snaprolls and stalls, I find the 109s are back to feeling like the IL-2 ones.

I was surpised at how the G-10 never seemed to wanna slow down! With the G6 you had to be careful about speed, especially when committing to the dive.

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 06:26 AM
There a lot more twitchy than pre patch, which is a good thing IMO, the G2 is still my favourite bird.

JG4_Tiger