PDA

View Full Version : Save For honor !

bramboforce
03-19-2017, 03:05 PM
Recently numbers of players of for honor have rapidly decreased. Ubisoft is constantly trying to fix things. With fixes they sometimes make it worse and sometimes patches are not quick enough. They are trying to compensate that by constantly adding new content. Which most of the time looks like they are trying to make you do more micro transactions, because new content they add are ornaments emotes and effects which cost lot of steel and even while doing orders take a LOT of time grind. But thats not the point of this thread.
Point is you as community can also help. For example stop using broken heroes (or broken moves of said hereoes) dont leave game in progress. Leaving game in progress i dont know why anyone would do that. I get sometimes you get angry wehn only killed causing your team to lose falling of cliff, getting triggered by warden etc. If you wont do these things players will like game a lot more community may get a little better. I like for honor a lot. If only it would be skill based as much as they said it would be. Fixes will fix that but for honor community is sadly small and its still getting smaller. It wasnt that giant to begin with because lot of players were scared away by word 'skillplay'. IF it would be made more skill based i dont know if more or less people would play it but it would be better. Also microtransactions are absolutely inexscusable in 60 game tittle. Free to play game tittles have microtransactions because creators want to make some money. In 60 game it looks like creators want to make even more money than needed. They should be removed.
Also prices of emotes, executions, effects should be lowered not to force you to use microtransactions. I as player who never payed more to game than its pirce and if liked game some dlcs this makes me upset. I want to buy emotes executions and all that cool stuff by i simply dont want to invest so much time in grinding which makes me bored of game.
Please ubisoft and community dont let for honor die ! Gl hf on battlefield.

Ausweisen
03-19-2017, 04:10 PM
My friend, I know you aren't a native English speaker and I understood what you were saying, but in the future can you break that wall of text up a bit? Paragraphs are your friends.

That being said, there's only been one patch. It WILL get better, but I think we all can tell they released this before they wanted to. My guess? The suits/investors set a timeline that was either too quick, or already lagging behind so they pushed it anyways. Just speculation, but if I can be honest...I don't really care that much to find out.

If I were you, and those like you, I would just enjoy it while it lasts. If it makes it to esports-worthy recognition, great. If it flops, then it flops. Hopefully the suits have the capacity to learn. Edgy times we are living in, though. Might be asking too much.

RatedChaotic
03-19-2017, 04:26 PM
Most game tend to improve after release. This game on the other hand has been going backwards since closed beta. I truely believe Ubi failed big time with this game. Going free to play will be the only way to save it now.

Volccis
03-19-2017, 04:52 PM
Well, I dont know what will happen to For Honor. I've seen lots of games which have been way worse for years than For Honor has been for now two months and yet those games have had still enough players to play them. However, if the game is like this after an year and not going to change, I'd say its going to die but two months is nothing.

Currently problems are:
1. P2P servers in 4v4 modes. In duels or brawls P2P is often enough, but in 4v4 modes its not.
2. Class balance. This isnt really a that big issue but still needs tweaking if they are aiming to make this competetive eSports game. While I'm not really a fun of eSports I still understand that it will bring lots of casual newbies and tryhard "pros" to the game.
3. Gear. Especially revenge in gear, but overall gear makes 4v4 modes "unplayable" for low gearscore players/heroes.
4. Duel maps and some other maps arent fun to play.

Alright, lets compare this to Counter Strike. Counter Strike hasnt got ANY content after 1.6s. Its basically the same game remodeled and only thing people play it is the skill curve. You can be extremely good at it and pwn every noob and tryhard pro. That is why it thrives. For Honor could polish the battle mechanics and actually make very complicated combos like in Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Tekken etc. I have actually wanted a game for PC. That could make combat more entertaining to watch and reward players who have put time in it. After that they could make ranked system for a game and let it run forever while adding cosmetics, new maps and heroes to the base game.

Every game needs SOLID base mechanics. Ubisoft should concentrate on that.

Vilerin
03-19-2017, 04:55 PM
Every game needs SOLID base mechanics. Ubisoft should concentrate on that.

They only concentrate on your 60€+20€ season pass.

They will release next game soon and totaly forget this one (if not already). This mistake will go under carpet. Game was bought at least by milion PPL, it was a hit for such easy to make title.

Jarl.Felix
03-19-2017, 04:58 PM
Lol, game was bought by MILION people ? no way, PC high peak was about 50k . Add platforms and MAYBE you get 100k.

Volccis
03-19-2017, 05:13 PM
They only concentrate on your 60€+20€ season pass.

They will release next game soon and totaly forget this one (if not already). This mistake will go under carpet. Game was bought at least by milion PPL, it was a hit for such easy to make title.

It can be. However if we look at Rainbow Six Siege, then I have hope. I still find For Honor a good game among all the other games. This is personal opinion, but I'd play For Honor for 1000 hours more likely than League of Legends, Dota 2, Counter Strike: GO, Overwatch, Minecraft, World of Tanks (i have played it alot tho), World of Warcraft, umm basically I'd choose For Honor over any top games in twitch.

So if there is still 50k players or even 10k players, its still enough for this game to be played. A game doesnt need +100k players constantly online to be playable and find matches. And honestly, I often like broken games more than super polished games. Like World of Tanks was extremely fun when it was released as it was so broken and I could "abuse" the game. Its same here and was with World of Warcraft also etc.

Vilerin
03-19-2017, 05:25 PM
It can be. However if we look at Rainbow Six Siege, then I have hope. I still find For Honor a good game among all the other games. This is personal opinion, but I'd play For Honor for 1000 hours more likely than League of Legends, Dota 2, Counter Strike: GO, Overwatch, Minecraft, World of Tanks (i have played it alot tho), World of Warcraft, umm basically I'd choose For Honor over any top games in twitch.

So if there is still 50k players or even 10k players, its still enough for this game to be played. A game doesnt need +100k players constantly online to be playable and find matches. And honestly, I often like broken games more than super polished games. Like World of Tanks was extremely fun when it was released as it was so broken and I could "abuse" the game. Its same here and was with World of Warcraft also etc.

These Games never dropped to 10k players peak (steam only). Wish current online players on PC I bet Ubi is thinking about moving this title under carpet and forgetting it for good.

Also these games were broken at 1 aspect. In for honor only polished thing is Graphics and sound. There are issues with everything else, even support.

Rainbow Six Siedge has "TomClancy's" and is FPS game, they would lose too much not fixing it. Booth FPS from UBI and TOmClancy's would lose trust in PPLs eyes. For Honor is just a "new type of fighter" they can say **** and turn away.

bramboforce
03-19-2017, 05:33 PM
Ye sorry for that text iam kind of too lazy to do thatx)

bramboforce
03-19-2017, 05:34 PM
I dont think free to play is only way to save for honor. Yes it will take some changes, a lot of them but i believe it still can be saved.

Vilerin
03-19-2017, 05:56 PM
I dont think free to play is only way to save for honor. Yes it will take some changes, a lot of them but i believe it still can be saved.,

I believe in title, don't believe developer and publisher.

cragar212
03-19-2017, 06:45 PM
Lol, game was bought by MILION people ? no way, PC high peak was about 50k . Add platforms and MAYBE you get 100k.

You're an idiot.

900k digital copies sold release week on ps4 and xbox. That doesnt include physical copies or pc.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

Alchemist..
03-19-2017, 09:05 PM
I thing game will be saved. Its compleatly new gender of fighting and i think only one based on real fighters not some sience fiction like tekken etc what is most inportant for me. I just dont like zombies ufo or other strange content. There is also great fighting mechanism and game sense everything need to be only polished and big competitive market is open for them. Even now with so big connection problems and lack of competitive content esports organisations and players are hyper hyped for turnaments with 5k+ viewers on twitch. I dont think ubi want to miss this millions of income juts because. They will tweak thing, balance, implement more competitive content with small steps and population will grow up every month

Bob__Gnarly
03-19-2017, 10:43 PM
It's not up to the players to save the game, it's up to Ubi. Sadly they F'ed up releasing it too early, so here we are stuck trying to play a game still in beta state. Lucky for them, there's not much else out at the mo, otherwise it would be completely dead around here. If they can fix MM and the connectivity issues, they might retain a few players for a little longer, but I really don't have much hope for this games future judging by Ubi's actions so far.

Jediknight482
03-19-2017, 11:49 PM

False. your numbers are completely made up. During release, the PC numbers were as high as 150 thousand. Xbox i saw had 220 thousand and ps4 had around the same as xbox did during the first week. And those are the numbers i personally saw with my own eyes. Odds are, the REAL peak was higher.

GiganticKORAK
03-20-2017, 12:18 AM
You're an idiot.

900k digital copies sold release week on ps4 and xbox. That doesnt include physical copies or pc.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

Apparently he doesn't know that not everyone that owns the game needs to log on at the same time all the time.

Crototopo
03-20-2017, 01:41 AM
I can't understand who's taking decisions on for honor Dev team, but I think they can't be more wrong.

First, the game suffers from crashes, and what's the best solution? Remove 2 maps.

That's an acceptable way to fix it if at least it fixed the crashes, but it didn't, there is the same amount of crashes before they removed the maps, and seems to be the maps are forgotten somewhere a month later without notice when will be available again.

Man, I tried to calm down and play, believe me, I've tried since the 2nd launch day, today I have 2 reputation 3 chars, one rep 4, one rep 2 and 2 rep 1, so I played a lot and I really like the game, I love it. But today is too much, it's being so boring playing the same 4 maps in dominion every day, and one day I only played 2 maps, everytime I searched for a dominion, always was citadel gate map, like 7 consecutive times, continuous crashes, sometimes at the end of the game, and don't tell me it's my connection problems, I have green Nat icon always.

I play on PS4, so when I heard that 70% of pc gamers left the game, I understood, and now seems is starting to happen on PS4, everyday seems to be more and more difficult to find a match.

Why there is no one from the seniors Dev team saying: Enough! Fix and put those maps back again and do something about those programs that's making the game crashing everytime they want hiding the players ip or whatever.

It's a shame that this awesome game is being forgotten so fast, and yes, is what I feel, maybe it's not what's happening but it's what I feel when I don't see any improvement, there is no info about the fixes or the fixing agenda on the main menu, you can only see the same info there: new combat emotes!, you can unlock all feats!, get a boost! But nothing about: hey, don't leave the game, we are working on this and this and this, the maps "River fort and high fort" will be back soon, we are fixing some issues.

About the maps, I was a week thinking ubisoft removed the maps because they decided to be dlc, until I went to official forums and searched for something of information.