PDA

View Full Version : "Dear Ubi" Claims of Warden being OP = inexperienced, ill-informed, beginner opinions

ZechsMarquizy
03-19-2017, 03:14 AM
So many of these players are very easy to spot,

1.) they claim Wardens are OP
2.) Warden is to strong
3.) Warden is among top tier
4.) They use the incorrect terminology "Vortex"

These players have simply not been playing this game long enough to understand simple dodge mechanics. Or the fact that this is not just another "Fighting Game" These players for some unknown reason put Warden on such a high pedestal they fail to see this hero for what he really is, not to mention the much bigger and quite more serious balance issue's. So many others in our community, myself included have tried our best to help these sorely mistaken individuals, yet as always our information falls on deaf ears.

I ask any and all Ubisoft team members who come across these mistaken, inexperienced opinions to please question them on the merits of where these opinions originated from. "Anger, Pride, Ignorance, and Stubbornness" Once these players have had time to cool off and actually learn more about the game there opinions will most certainly change.

RLTygurr
03-19-2017, 03:31 AM
The issue people have with it is the versatility of the shoulder charge "vortex". Nothing else about Warden is Overpowered in the slightest, although his zone attack is remarkably fast for a character in full body armor but I'll ignore it because logic has no place in games.

The fact is that people see the shoulder charge as too easy to perform for the lack of defensive options against it. Here's a few scenarios with shoulder charge.
1. You shoulder charge the normal amount (no long charge) and hit them because they don't dodge, you get two side light attacks and use shoulder charge again.
2. You shoulder charge and they dodge to the side, but you cancel it and guard break them. It's uncounterable because they dodged. You get either a free heavy or two side lights and use shoulder charge again.
3. You shoulder charge and charge it but they dodge backwards, so you hold it and charge farther and hit them anyway, hitting them and continuing the combo.
4. You start a shoulder charge and your opponent uses a light attack to cancel your charge. You cancel it and either block or parry the hit for a guard break and free damage.

One of Warden's tags is "adaptable", but when all his adaptability is focused on one move, it's a little hard to call that unique and interesting gameplay. These 4 situations are assuming you don't screw up as a Warden player.

Other than those 4, an opponent really doesn't have any options besides dodge roll backwards and reset, but that takes more stamina to do than for you to just keep shoulder charging, so it really doesn't help at all.

Smart use of the shoulder charge mixups will basically make a good Warden incredibly difficult to kill. I picked him up and within a few hours (after fighting so many good ones) haven't lost a single match since. He's very safe, especially since even if you dodge the shoulder charge, the Warden can still counter your guard break. It would be more balanced even if the only change was that you get a free guard break for side-dodging the charge and grabbing immediately, that's why I think his zone is balanced. If you so much as block it, you get a free guard break.

AviiD.
03-19-2017, 03:31 AM
Found the Warden main oh wait I'm a Warden main myself and I think he needs a small nerf. Is that even possible? Find out in the next thread of "My Main isn't overpowerd" !

Simi_Xiamara_
03-19-2017, 03:39 AM

2.) Warden is to strong

These players have simply not been playing this game long enough to understand simple dodge mechanics. Or the fact that this is not just another "Fighting Game" These players for some unknown reason put Warden on such a high pedestal they fail to see this hero for what he really is, not to mention the much bigger and quite more serious balance issue's. So many others in our community, myself included have tried our best to help these sorely mistaken individuals, yet as always our information falls on deaf ears.

I ask any and all Ubisoft team members who come across these mistaken, inexperienced opinions to please question them on the merits of where these opinions originated from. "Anger, Pride, Ignorance, and Stubbornness" Once these players have had time to cool off and actually learn more about the game there opinions will most certainly change.

1)I personally don't have a opinion on wardens being op

2)warden IS strong

3)warden IS top tier don't bother trying argue that it's not

4)the warden vortex is pretty annoying. Dodge it get guardbroken for free sit there and get hit by the Sholder bash. I don't even bother trying counter that sht I just roll away and reset the fight cuz if you don't it's a loss

XImohtephXX
03-19-2017, 05:54 AM
A quick smash to the face usually works. Just keep your head on straight and you're fine. I mained LB to Rep 4 before moving on to the Warden and its the same concept and I find the people who get flustered with the LB shove are usually the same regarding the Warden vortex. Watch your stamina bar, remain calm, and keep in mind your quickest attack(I say this because a Warden worth a damn will not spam his Vortex and the ones who do typically don't cancel and end up taking it to the teeth when you swing).

Simi_Xiamara_
03-19-2017, 11:29 AM
A quick smash to the face usually works. Just keep your head on straight and you're fine. I mained LB to Rep 4 before moving on to the Warden and its the same concept and I find the people who get flustered with the LB shove are usually the same regarding the Warden vortex. Watch your stamina bar, remain calm, and keep in mind your quickest attack(I say this because a Warden worth a damn will not spam his Vortex and the ones who do typically don't cancel and end up taking it to the teeth when you swing).

I started playing warden and I also noticed that simply light attacking will stop the vortex.

Turric4n666
03-19-2017, 11:43 AM
"there are bigger issues", "people are wrong"

doesn´talk about what those things are. Yes, ubisoft should definitely listen to you.. because?

Xynrex
03-19-2017, 12:05 PM
I started playing warden and I also noticed that simply light attacking will stop the vortex.

This. No one thinks about it but they rather complain.

Canceling shoulder bash into a light parry is brutally hard, and for the most part luck based.

Lionardudu
03-19-2017, 01:47 PM

2.) Warden is to strong

noob warden spotted, the fact that you don't know how to cancel your charge don't make that simply a simply learn to dodge.... warden charge is the best charge cause enemy can't react but have to guess.... Warden is a top tier hero cause this, and his area hard to react, the top , fastest guard change.... he have a great kit ....and if you don't manage to play it successful don't change this.

Think at conqueror .... he is top tier only cause he can do SB >light and parry/CGB if miss...