PDA

View Full Version : Save For Honor! Nerf the Warden. Petition to Ubisoft included.

Archaelion
03-18-2017, 09:24 PM
Hello, I believe a major game imbalance exists in the vanguard classes for the factions. You have the warden as the vanguard for the knights, the raider as the vanguard for the vikings and the kensei as the vanguard for the samurai. All in all, the warden is the only one who is viable to play and in a duel(1v1) of equal player skill, the warden will win 9 times out of 10. I believe in a world where every vanguard can have a fair chance to win and I'm doing something about it instead of just talking about it. I'm starting a petition to ubisoft to change the game and let the warden get his nerf so the other classes can be viable. Alternatively, I am proposing the other vanguards: Raider and kensei get their buffs so they can be on the same level as the warden and thus win more 1v1's. Please sign this petition if you agree and bring game balance back to for honor. Let's make for honor great again! Sign the petition so the game can live and players will stop leaving. All my friends quit because they said the warden was too imbalanced and they couldn't play their favorite vanguard anymore.

https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-nerf-the-warden-and-or-buff-the-raider-and-kensei?recruiter=697368719&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

kfcheungyta
03-18-2017, 09:28 PM
done

CitizenPuddi
03-18-2017, 09:32 PM
you're calling for a buff two raider and kensei and a nerf to warden at the same time

calling for a nerf and a buff to the vanguard class.... at the same time

calling for a nerf to one aspect of a category

and then calling for a buff to the other aspects of said category

i will sign this petition if you can convince me you know anything at all about how to balance anything

because on the list of "stuff to never ever for the love of all you hold dear and sacred please never do" when looking at solutions for an imbalance, "buff and nerf in relation to one another at the same time" is probably #1

::edit::

also, 100 signatures to change a game with 10k players on PC alone as of this edit?

that's 1% of all players on steam

not counting PS4 and xBox players

how is anyone supposed to take that seriously?

XImohtephXX
03-18-2017, 09:39 PM
I believe the other Vanguards need a buff instead of nerfing the Warden. Ive played to Rep 3 with Warden. And frankly i get more enjoyment from the Raider and Kensei. The reason the Warden is so highly regarded is he has a bit of everything. In my experience I find the Kensei much more useful and adept at taking out assassins however he really doesn't have any option to crack open a turtle. The Raider Ive found most useful for getting through defenses but not very easy to use against faster characters. The Warden can crack a turtle with his vortex and poke an assassin with his zone and overhead lights. Warden is ok where he is and not overly strong in any department just he can do both so I am in favor of the other Vanguards receiving some much needed attention.

Archaelion
03-18-2017, 09:57 PM
you're calling for a buff two raider and kensei and a nerf to warden at the same time

calling for a nerf and a buff to the vanguard class.... at the same time

calling for a nerf to one aspect of a category

and then calling for a buff to the other aspects of said category

i will sign this petition if you can convince me you know anything at all about how to balance anything

because on the list of "stuff to never ever for the love of all you hold dear and sacred please never do" when looking at solutions for an imbalance, "buff and nerf in relation to one another at the same time" is probably #1

also, 100 signatures to change a game with 10k players on PC alone as of this edit?

that's 1% of all players on steam

not counting PS4 and xBox players

how is anyone supposed to take that seriously?

I'm not saying I'm a major balance designer. That being said, it's blatantly obvious something isn't right when you compare the "vanguard" class. I'm not talking about just with each other in a 1v1, but from playing the vanguard versus other classes. This is coming from someone with experience of playing them all. I am not saying buff the others and nerf the warden, I did say "ALTERNATIVELY." It means one or the other. Finally, I did not choose the total signatures--it chose for itself on the petition. I'm sure there is a setting somewhere to increase it, or perhaps once it is reached it will increase.

CitizenPuddi
03-18-2017, 10:04 PM
I'm not saying I'm a major balance designer. That being said, it's blatantly obvious something isn't right when you compare the "vanguard" class. I'm not talking about just with each other in a 1v1, but from playing the vanguard versus other classes. This is coming from someone with experience of playing them all. I am not saying buff the others and nerf the warden, I did say "ALTERNATIVELY." It means one or the other. Finally, I did not choose the total signatures--it chose for itself on the petition. I'm sure there is a setting somewhere to increase it, or perhaps once it is reached it will increase.

fair enough, on all points

apologies for the snark

ThePollie
03-18-2017, 10:06 PM
People crying like 5 year olds over Wardens, but they aren't even the strongest of the top characters.

CitizenPuddi
03-18-2017, 10:10 PM
People crying like 5 year olds over Wardens, but they aren't even the strongest of the top characters.

just because other classes have balance issues doesn't mean balance issues don't exist in your main

and there really isn't much crying in this thread so far

just a suggestion that the either the other two vanguards are brought up to warden level, or the warden is brought down to their level for the sake of balance among vanguards

AzureSky.
03-18-2017, 10:17 PM
i think the wise choice should be a buff to the other classes i dont really dislike the tool of actions the warden has, just the problem that the others dont have it and they should have it.

We should never make "League of legends balance" (the worst in game industry) nerfing everything into oblivion, just add more tools that can be used by another characters to overcome warden different mixups (they are many)

AKDagriZ
03-18-2017, 11:25 PM
I wont sign it ! i disagree and i don't even play warden .in fact fighting against him is more like a headach . But i don't ****ing care. I bit the bullet and do my best to beat him

m3gas_
03-19-2017, 01:05 AM
All my friends quit because they said the warden was too imbalanced and they couldn't play their favorite vanguard anymore.

Dude if your friends quit because of the Warden then they have an issiue with For Honor as a whole, and not that specific character...
Also, your other arguments are so conflicting with each other, that people reading it come to think you just wanna bury a character you hate and while you're at it - have a buff on a character you wanna play but are not good with. May be so, may not. But that's what people get out of it. And that's why only people that think that way (the very vocal minority) will sign. I know I won't...
And I also know that if they go into the "buff-nerf every 2 weeks" game, I'm uninstalling and not looking back. But I'm pretty sure Ubi at least knows bettter than that.

JesterSyxe
03-19-2017, 01:10 AM
I signed, there are many more Issues but this is definetly one of them.

JesterSyxe
03-19-2017, 01:11 AM
Dude if your friends quit because of the Warden then they have an issiue with For Honor as a whole, and not that specific character...
Also, your other arguments are so conflicting with each other, that people reading it come to think you just wanna bury a character you hate and while you're at it - have a buff on a character you wanna play but are not good with. May be so, may not. But that's what people get out of it. And that's why only people that think that way (the very vocal minority) will sign. I know I won't...
And I also know that if they go into the "buff-nerf every 2 weeks" game, I'm uninstalling and not looking back. But I'm pretty sure Ubi at least knows bettter than that.

Please don't speak on other Peoples behalf, I did get what he wanted to say with his Post and the Petition so speak for yourself and yourself only. Thanks!

StrOf10kBabies
03-19-2017, 01:18 AM
Hello, I believe a major game imbalance exists in the vanguard classes for the factions. Alternatively, I am proposing the other vanguards: Raider and kensei get their buffs so they can be on the same level as the warden and thus win more 1v1's. Please sign this petition if you agree and bring game balance back to for honor.

https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-nerf-the-warden-and-or-buff-the-raider-and-kensei?recruiter=697368719&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

I will only sign this if you include the Lawbringer as well. I think he needs much more help than any of the Vanguard classes. Even more so than the Raider.

Archaelion
03-19-2017, 08:20 AM
I will only sign this if you include the Lawbringer as well. I think he needs much more help than any of the Vanguard classes. Even more so than the Raider.

I don't disagree that the lawbringer also needs to be looked at, as well as a host of other issues such as server stability and connection issues, but trying to achieve one piece at a time rather than everything fixed in one patch. If they could do everything in one patch, that would be great--but we should probably be realistic.

DrExtrem
03-19-2017, 08:36 AM
Firs things first.

Wouldn't it wiser, if we fix and adjust the core mechanics' of the game, before we start nerfing and buffing classes?

Second:
Do you have specific ideas on what needs adjustments on the warden?

I guess its zone attack, upper light and shoulder bash vortex.

- Zone attack is high risk, because if blocked, you get s free GB in the warden. In addition, it costs apr. 40% stamina and deals nit much damage. Ist a tactical tool to defend against certain unblockable moves, the wardens dashes are too short for.
- Upper light attack is fast but has a high recovery time and can only be chained twice - no vortex potential.
- The problem with shoulder bash is, that most people can either not dodge or counter guard break it. In addition, it can be vortexed using his follow up. In fact, the follow up is slow because of its warmup. The follow up could use an overhaul. Both the bash and the follow up are useless against bots for a reason.

Free advice - you can not GB into an attack animation.

ZechsMarquizy
03-19-2017, 08:58 AM
Hello, I believe a major game imbalance exists in the vanguard classes for the factions. You have the warden as the vanguard for the knights, the raider as the vanguard for the vikings and the kensei as the vanguard for the samurai. All in all, the warden is the only one who is viable to play and in a duel(1v1) of equal player skill, the warden will win 9 times out of 10. I believe in a world where every vanguard can have a fair chance to win and I'm doing something about it instead of just talking about it. I'm starting a petition to ubisoft to change the game and let the warden get his nerf so the other classes can be viable. Alternatively, I am proposing the other vanguards: Raider and kensei get their buffs so they can be on the same level as the warden and thus win more 1v1's. Please sign this petition if you agree and bring game balance back to for honor. Let's make for honor great again! Sign the petition so the game can live and players will stop leaving. All my friends quit because they said the warden was too imbalanced and they couldn't play their favorite vanguard anymore.

You and anyone else who agrees with you are obviously lacking in both "skill" and "experience" respectfully, you need allot more experience before you start making anymore comments regaurding balance. Stop crying about Warden, enough is enough. You claim he is overpowered, when infact he is far from it. You claimed he is the only 1 viable? LMAO dude Kensei is just as strong, and has a WAY better moveset when it comes to unpredictability. Raider is the only Vanguard that is not Viable in 1v1 scenario's and is in desperate need of a major buff. You and players like you have no idea what real skill is in this game, and from everything you have said thus far obviously lack common knowledge of dodge mechanics and how to properly use that tool.

Edit: Just some advice, stay away from the noobs who use the term "Vortex" the players who use that term suck horribly ingame and always use this fighting games terminology for literally everything. These ignorant players think For Honor is just another Fighting Game, when obviously its far from "just" a fighting game lmao

Raven-Mad
03-19-2017, 09:05 AM

You're talking about balance in a vacuum. Warden may be the strongest Vanguard, but it's not the strongest character. Nerfing him will simply make him unviable against the other top characters of which he is already the weakest (Warlord, PK, and Conqueror all outperform Warden in tournaments by statistics and there are far more Warden players than any of these classes).

At the top level, Warden is one of the viable choices, not brokenly strong. In nerfing Warden, all you do is remove one viable class, that is it. It makes extremely low level play a bit better perhaps, but in the long run it only damages the game. We already see nearly every single tourney is won by a PK or Warlord with Conqs always placing high and Wardens often not even making it to the top 8 despite being the most common tourney class.

I mean for pete's sake, a top level Warden (Extheleon) lost to a person in a tourney who was new to PK trying to prove a point that it was broken by beating hyper expereienced/skilled players with broken PK mechanics. Seriously, nerfing Warden is NOT the way to go here.

Davosteels
03-19-2017, 09:24 AM
The warden is just perfect, just buff the raider and the kensei

DrExtrem
03-19-2017, 09:27 AM
The warden is just perfect, just buff the raider and the kensei

What needs buffing on the kensai?

His light attacks certainly not. They are fast and deal the highest light attack damage in the game.

And don't forget, that you can cancel most things into a free unblockable or iirc, a GB.

DarkstarQc
03-19-2017, 10:01 AM
You're talking about balance in a vacuum. Warden may be the strongest Vanguard, but it's not the strongest character. Nerfing him will simply make him unviable against the other top characters of which he is already the weakest (Warlord, PK, and Conqueror all outperform Warden in tournaments by statistics and there are far more Warden players than any of these classes).

At the top level, Warden is one of the viable choices, not brokenly strong. In nerfing Warden, all you do is remove one viable class, that is it. It makes extremely low level play a bit better perhaps, but in the long run it only damages the game. We already see nearly every single tourney is won by a PK or Warlord with Conqs always placing high and Wardens often not even making it to the top 8 despite being the most common tourney class.

I mean for pete's sake, a top level Warden (Extheleon) lost to a person in a tourney who was new to PK trying to prove a point that it was broken by beating hyper expereienced/skilled players with broken PK mechanics. Seriously, nerfing Warden is NOT the way to go here.

I agree with that guy. You are all just a bunch of cry-babies. learn how to adjust to other character, you cant fight against each character the same way, you have to adapt to their speed and move. If I play warden and i go against an orichie or a peacekeeper and try to attack im with only strong move im too slow and get the crap beat out of me real quick(unless its a noob) same thing goes for all character you have to adapt your fighting style depending on what character your fighting against. So stop asking for nerf and learn how to adapt to each character your fighting instead.

Captain-Courage
03-19-2017, 02:28 PM

Looked at the petition.
It just says, nerf warden, buff the others. Nowhere specific points or what to balance, what are the problematics, what could be the solution.
Because you have no idea indeed.

So as I expected this petition is a joke. And you too.

bramboforce
03-19-2017, 02:44 PM
No warden needs nerf.

ZechsMarquizy
03-19-2017, 11:54 PM
No warden needs nerf.

no you need skill, and brains, oh oh and skill

Owwlofvashj
03-20-2017, 12:30 AM
custom game, lvl 3 bot, set 99 rounds against whoever you think needs a nerf. 30 mins of that and they are not so tough anymore. Don't just fight them watch and learn.