PDA

View Full Version : Su-2, 1941 is missing from object viewer and website list

mortoma
02-27-2004, 11:21 AM
I find it strange that one of the non-flyables, the SU-2, 1941 is missing from both the games Object Viewer and the Aircraft gallery on the main
IL2 website!! It seems it's the forgotten plane in Forgotten Battles?!?! I happened to be flying an offline campaign mission in the 109-F2 and was cycling through the enemy plane externals and saw a flight of them on the way to bomb my home airbase while we were out. Funny thing, I noticed they had two huge bombs, one under each wing and they had small bomb-bays, which were open but no bombs in them!!! Oh well, I wonder why this plane is not mentioned, or even considered as a future flyable. I'd consider flying the thing just for a change of pace. But it looks like a "bombs only" type of ground attack bomber. It has a pair or weak looking Mgs in the wings which could not be very useful.
Well I say it would be nice to have this lumbering crap plane as a flyable anyway!!! Should be easy to make a cockpit for it..at least for an artistic type.

mortoma
02-27-2004, 11:21 AM
I find it strange that one of the non-flyables, the SU-2, 1941 is missing from both the games Object Viewer and the Aircraft gallery on the main
IL2 website!! It seems it's the forgotten plane in Forgotten Battles?!?! I happened to be flying an offline campaign mission in the 109-F2 and was cycling through the enemy plane externals and saw a flight of them on the way to bomb my home airbase while we were out. Funny thing, I noticed they had two huge bombs, one under each wing and they had small bomb-bays, which were open but no bombs in them!!! Oh well, I wonder why this plane is not mentioned, or even considered as a future flyable. I'd consider flying the thing just for a change of pace. But it looks like a "bombs only" type of ground attack bomber. It has a pair or weak looking Mgs in the wings which could not be very useful.
Well I say it would be nice to have this lumbering crap plane as a flyable anyway!!! Should be easy to make a cockpit for it..at least for an artistic type.

PBNA-Boosher
02-27-2004, 12:40 PM
I don't believe there's much evidence for it, and it was also an easy takedown. It is also bugged in that if you load it out with it's options it cannot get off the ground. Yet, yes, I agree, it's pretty cool.