PDA

View Full Version : Final deal with environmental kills

guest-dRAMM25U
03-18-2017, 07:20 PM
You either

>have a skill based game
>have environmental kills like we have now

Choose one and let me know, Ubisoft.

If you think pressing a single button to win a match is skill, you have serious mental problems. They're lame. Say otherwise and you're lying.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-18-2017, 07:25 PM
Environmental kills is not the problem. The problem is the maps are littered with them ubless you stick yourself in a corner (even that won't stop it) not to mention being next to a wall is probably one worse things you can do. They need to remove some of them

Alchemist..
03-18-2017, 07:39 PM
I dont have problem with it but i also think its to much of spikes cliffs holes etc. And whole fight is based on cancelling gb. Sometimes i dont even realize about it try to gb and bam, im dead bc of cgb. And nobody will tell me "iys easy to avoid" chars like lb shugoki rider or any vortex can move you very easy from safe plase to env even in direction what they want so for better skilled and fun fights i would reckoned put more walls trees etc. Rather than env

Yarzahn
03-18-2017, 08:59 PM
I don't mind a few environmental hazards. They make you mind your surroundings.
But I hate maps that are littered with them.
The overwatch samurai map with the pits in control point C is the worst thing ever.

There are way too many narrow walkways and boardwalks. If you are going to have those, atleast put them in at non-lethal heights where you can jump down or throw people down and they wont die, like in the crossroads maps.

The only environmental hazard that I feel is balanced is fire damage.

XImohtephXX
03-18-2017, 09:15 PM
I dont really mind the hazards but I do think its a little BS in duel modes. Me playing a LB and my opponent playing conq and as the match begins you can almost hear the simultaneous groan as me and him realize we are stuck on a bridge with very little chance of a fair fight. Easily 9/10 of the times I throw someone off or into something is purely accidental. That is the point where they should realize you need to tone it down a bit.

nacon0ne
03-18-2017, 09:19 PM
Environment kills can be annoying in 4v4 modes. But they have no place in 1v1 and 2v2 where the game is supposed to lean towards skill. Those game modes should have had their own custom arenas built to really make skilled player shine. But instead we are forced to play around hazards or move over into a tight space which benefits the shield/shoulder spamming classes. Guessing no one at Ubisoft is a DBZ fan since there is a great example of an arena meant for 1v1's

Maarmang
03-18-2017, 09:42 PM
Stupid phone....

Alot to ask for but a new map based on the roman colesseum. A few enviromental hazzards along the outer edges but not enough to be obnoxious like most maps are now. Just a big fighting area in the center that can be used for 4s 2s and solos. If a person wants to risk fighting at the outer edges so be it but not force the ledges, bridges, spikes et all upon everyone.

cragar212
03-18-2017, 10:54 PM
Be nice if duel mode maps had bigger environmental hazard free areas

CandleInTheDark
03-19-2017, 12:28 AM
I don't mind a few environmental hazards. They make you mind your surroundings.
But I hate maps that are littered with them.
The overwatch samurai map with the pits in control point C is the worst thing ever.

There are way too many narrow walkways and boardwalks. If you are going to have those, atleast put them in at non-lethal heights where you can jump down or throw people down and they wont die, like in the crossroads maps.

The only environmental hazard that I feel is balanced is fire damage.

If it is the one I think it is, (where the pits drop down at the start of the round) that Overwatch one has a nice multilayered zone if you go up the stairs behind you. I was playing against a conqueror as a warden and while we can't talk on Xbox like PC (far as I know anyhow) we had both managed to indicate in that and a previous duel that we were avoiding the drop zones and in that particular map we had a back and forth battle up and down stairs and a platform away from the hazards.

If someone makes it clear that all options are on the table then I will go for pushing them off, but the last few days at least I have been fortunate enough that when I have avoided an area, the opponent has followed suit and that one I found completely by accident. The bridge ones though, ick, when I mained peacekeeper my options were stick with it and learn how to cgb or get stuck in an area i couldn't dodge back and forth.

As a whole, I quite like some of the map designs, they make you think on your feet, I lost a duel solely on the fact that I swung and hit a doorframe once, but that was me blindly following which was a lesson to be learned, though I do agree that less is more on auto kills in duel.

secrecy274
03-19-2017, 12:38 AM
I have no problem with environmental kills for the most part, I quite like them. They add a new layer to the game. You might kick someone around, but if you don't mind your surroundings he might get the better of you. I've won several fights against people who where "more skilled" than me, but they made the critical mistake of side dodge attack (or whatever it's called) where a simple Shove pushed them into some spike or over a ledge.

However, maps that're only ledges, like that damn tree bridge, is too filled with environmental dangers... well, rather there's not enough map to fight on.

JesterSyxe
03-19-2017, 01:05 AM
It would be so easy, make bigger Maps. More Space to move, more Space to fight without those ******ed Spikes, Holes and what not to avoid. Like someone said before make 3-4 Collosseum like Maps, HUGE Maps with little to no Hazards and everyone would be happy. It is ok to have some Hazards but not so many on such small Maps.
Just Imagine a Colloseum Fight with 2vs2 and Space to move, how awesome that would be.
But we are stuck with the smallest Maps possible.