PDA

View Full Version : Buff up don't nerf down.

IesooMI
03-18-2017, 12:30 AM
With all the balance talk going around I'd much rather see the lower tier characters get more tools, rather than the stronger characters get nerfs. You might want nerfs now, but in 6 months when every class is junk but 1 or 2 and everyone's playing the same fighter you will be wishing you didn't cry so much for nerfs.

Gray360UK
03-18-2017, 01:22 AM
To be fair that seems to be their approach so far, I've seen them state a few times that they would rather raise characters that are struggling up, than put down ones that are good. Like with Valkyrie, she was losing all the time so they buffed her. They keep an eye on classes that are struggling with an eye to making them do better, rather than keeping an eye on classes that are doing well with an eye to making them do worse. I hope they stick to that.

UbiJurassic
03-18-2017, 01:23 AM
With all the balance talk going around I'd much rather see the lower tier characters get more tools, rather than the stronger characters get nerfs. You might want nerfs now, but in 6 months when every class is junk but 1 or 2 and everyone's playing the same fighter you will be wishing you didn't cry so much for nerfs.

When looking at balance, we've been looking to assess both sides of the spectrum. We are definitely looking to give classes, like Lawbringer and Raider, the love they deserve, while also looking to tone down classes that the community believes are OP.

Lyskir
03-18-2017, 01:59 AM
When looking at balance, we've been looking to assess both sides of the spectrum. We are definitely looking to give classes, like Lawbringer and Raider, the love they deserve, while also looking to tone down classes that the community believes are OP.

just..thx :_:
i hope the balance change is coming soon :<

PackingMoney
03-18-2017, 02:03 AM

RIP PK, WL, and Conq

Lyskir
03-18-2017, 02:22 AM
RIP PK, WL, and Conq

RIP PK,WL,Cong and warden* fixed that for u

but i think they will not kill these heroes but tune them a little bit down

PlagueGripes
03-18-2017, 02:24 AM
I think some problem with supposedly OP classes are some of them would otherwise be useless if you removed their one trick. Conqueror is a really good example of that. Does one thing with one move. Get rid of it? Completely worthless character. So it'd need buffs in addition to nerfing its broken component. Which will take several patches.

Lyskir
03-18-2017, 02:30 AM
yeah ur right, quite difficult to balance

Cradicias
03-18-2017, 02:40 AM
If we're talking about what's OP and what's not? Valkyrie = OP. She was fine before the buff, now she's intolerable. Every fight with a Valkyrie goes "Light Light Leg Sweep" over and over into oblivion. Yeah, you can dodge it, but, not easily with it's long range. And you can't parry it like other classes unblockable attacks. She's too fast and does too much damage for how spammy she can be.

Bob__Gnarly
03-18-2017, 02:51 AM
If we're talking about what's OP and what's not? Valkyrie = OP. She was fine before the buff, now she's intolerable. Every fight with a Valkyrie goes "Light Light Leg Sweep" over and over into oblivion. Yeah, you can dodge it, but, not easily with it's long range. And you can't parry it like other classes unblockable attacks. She's too fast and does too much damage for how spammy she can be.

Valkyrie is probably the most balanced class.

Everything she can do is punishable. For example her leg sweep is a combo finisher, so to stop it, simply block her hits leading up to the sweep. Or you could just dodge it for a free GB.

The game needs to be balanced around top tier play, not what we see complained about here on the forums.

Cradicias
03-18-2017, 02:52 AM
Except her light attacks come so fast that a lot of players have trouble guarding it. And, she can also do it off her shield bash, which staggers and often prevents dodging the sweep.

Bob__Gnarly
03-18-2017, 02:55 AM
Except her light attacks come so fast that a lot of players have trouble guarding it. And, she can also do it off her shield bash, which staggers and often prevents dodging the sweep.

Well if you can't block/parry her light attacks, that's not the games problem.

Yes it also comes after the shield bash as well, so if you don't dodge the shield bash, then you have to either dodge a sweep or counter a GB. It's a good mix up, but can be countered and punished.

Cradicias
03-18-2017, 02:59 AM
Well if you can't block/parry her light attacks, that's not the games problem.

Yes it also comes after the shield bash as well, so if you don't dodge the shield bash, then you have to either dodge a sweep or counter a GB. It's a good mix up, but can be countered and punished.

It is the game's problem because they BUFFED her, she's faster at recovering and it makes her difficult to handle especially when she's being controlled by an experienced player. The fact that spam lord beginners are crushing experienced players with her is a good sign that she needs to be returned to her previous state or at least reduced from what she is now.

thapsycho
03-18-2017, 09:54 AM

Please make PK unusable.... jk just make her r1s much slower because thats what people like to spam
It ticked me off that you guys decided to make her better than actually nerf her.... I'll even record a video and put it on youtube just to prove that PK is just spamming r1

vgrimr_J
03-18-2017, 10:03 AM
everybody is playing like a turtle these days so thats why fast agile heroes seems op lmao

DrExtrem
03-18-2017, 10:12 AM

Beliefs are misguiding.

Nerf the heroes, that are op - proven.

As for the warden. Yes the shoulder charge is stong but only, because the charges follow up, can be chained. The warden is only strong, because one ability can be vortexed. His over head light and zone attack are fast but either with a high recovery time or high stamina consumption. His heavies are too slow and very easily parried and his skillset is very simple and therefore easy to read.

Infinite attack and move chains need to be adjusted and two thirds of you problems are gone. Certain moves simply need an internal cool down - problem solved.

Rikuto01.tv
03-18-2017, 10:24 AM

You're going to have a problem then.

The "OP" characters vary based on the hardware. For example, the berserker and peacekeeper are actually quite good on PS4 but is complete and utter garbage on PC. This is due to increased input delay on console hardware making their fastest attacks unreactable on one system, but blocked on reaction on others. Even if you offered a 60 FPS performance mode for consoles, the input delay would still affect it because input delay affects all current gen consoles heavily.

Meanwhile on PC, the "high tier" characters are the ones who can break through the "near perfect, no additional input delay ultra defensive" version of the game with things like warden shoulder, conqueror shield bash, warlord headbutt, etc.

So how are you going to deal with that? Offer two completely different versions of the game with different balance patches?

vgrimr_J
03-18-2017, 06:59 PM

sadly there is no op heroes atm i can fight against every one of them no prob and i will get my *** handed to me by better players there is only bad loud players here in forums demanding for nerfs. i really hope this game doest take the same steps in "balancing" as destiny (nerfing everything to the ground)

PackingMoney
03-18-2017, 07:11 PM
Please make PK unusable.... jk just make her r1s much slower because thats what people like to spam
It ticked me off that you guys decided to make her better than actually nerf her.... I'll even record a video and put it on youtube just to prove that PK is just spamming r1

Light attack spam doesn't work at high level btw.

Kitsune..
03-18-2017, 07:20 PM
We are definitely looking to give classes, like Lawbringer and Raider, the love they deserve
And what about Kensei? Please give us a sign that we are being heard. :eek:

Xynrex
03-18-2017, 07:23 PM
Waiting for lawbringer buffs.

He is the ****iest char in 1v1.