PDA

View Full Version : Where is the balance patch?

lDelicious
03-17-2017, 10:40 PM
How long are you developers going to wait before you decide to release a substantial balance patch to this game?

Have you seen the state of high level play or do you not care at this point? How many times do people have to tell you that defence is TOO STRONG. Have you played duel, only to face an opponent who refuses to attack since attacking is penalised so heavily in this game? Does this seem fun to you?

When are you going to provide other characters with the means to compete with the top tier heroes? How long are you going to allow this stupidly broken warden shoulder charge to ruin the game? How long are you going to leave the warlord headbutt in its state? How long is the raider going to be the legend that no one gives a damn about because he is garbage at high levels of play?

When will you address certain bugs which are rendering certain heroes unplayable? I mean, it seems perfectly legit leaving the raider, lawbringer & nobushi with the slowest guard stance change speeds in the game, especially when you have people using the indicator bug...oh wait lets not call it a "bug", let's call it "tech".

Instead of wasting your time putting a dumb pony emote into the game, how about you get off your *** and start implementing that magical thing called BALANCE. How is it that you can come up with such an amazing concept, only to shoot yourselves in the foot due to BAD marketing, BAD game design and BAD game balance? Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic...

And for you trolls who will come along and say "git gud", you can go to any For Honor tracking site and see what bracket I play in when it comes to duel. You can't sit there and tell me you people enjoy being punished for attacking, punished for picking a certain hero, punished for being honourable...this has to stop...

cragar212
03-17-2017, 10:46 PM
I dunno that pony emote is pretty sweet. Makes me almost play lawlbringer.

dayLockey
03-17-2017, 10:51 PM
They did a good job balancing the amount of emotes every hero has in the game.

TheHolyPug
03-17-2017, 10:58 PM
They did a good job balancing the amount of emotes every hero has in the game.

Your FACE is an emote!

Sekiro...
03-17-2017, 11:10 PM
I agree, we need a balance patch
Ubisoft should listen to the community, im tired of gods warlords

lDelicious
03-17-2017, 11:39 PM
There has to be at least one developer roaming this forum, where are you?

tonycawley69
03-17-2017, 11:41 PM
Why do people think the guys who design and implement the emotes are the same guys in charge of character balance?
There are multiple teams at work developing a game such as this, just because they've put extra emotes in the game, doesn't mean they're not hard at work on other stuff too.

Thanapetus
03-17-2017, 11:55 PM
UBISOFT:

You want class balance fixed, here are some topics.

1) Standardized guard speed.
2) 20% attack speed increase for LB/Raider
3) Raider can dodge easier (similar to beserker)
4) Lawbringer has better innate armor or health
5) Assassin lights can no longer stagger, keep their mobility
6) Valk bleed does more damage and easier to land as it is the only faction without a reliable bleed without a feat
7) Spamming attacks has increased stamina usage.
8) friendly fire is on (full amount)
9) Revenge is standardized and no gear modifiers work
10) No class specific orders
11) Rate a player system
12) Competitive mode
13) Add a couple more game modes, King of the Hill etc
14) No new characters until first season done
15) for competitive matches, at least 25 placement matches
16) Keep omni block and shield tackle in, but cost alot more stamina on activation
17) forced communication for ranked mode, no mic you cant play ranked
18) Stricter enforcement on Emblems and Names
19) Whoever has the most faction war assets deployed wins the round, if one faction takes both strongholds, that round is over.
20) Individual rewards based on faction war manual placement amounts.

Those are 20 things that if you implement will not only net you more accounts, but preps you for esports which IS your end goal.

UbiJurassic
03-18-2017, 12:08 AM
There has to be at least one developer roaming this forum, where are you?

https://media.giphy.com/media/Xyt9DaTCxSDJu/giphy.gif

You rang? ;)

The balance update is still in the works. Thanks to the community's feedback, we are aware that defense is a lot stronger than intended and we have been looking into ways to tweak it without compromising the core gameplay. We hope to have more news and details to share in the near future, so keep an eye on our Official News and Announcements forum, as well as our social media.

Nosmer1
03-18-2017, 12:18 AM
The thing takes way too long imo. Can we take a peek at least? :rolleyes:

Thanapetus
03-18-2017, 12:22 AM

You rang? ;)

The balance update is still in the works. Thanks to the community's feedback, we are aware that defense is a lot stronger than intended and we have been looking into ways to tweak it without compromising the core gameplay. We hope to have more news and details to share in the near future, so keep an eye on our Official News and Announcements forum, as well as our social media.

It isnt JUST defense. How are you not seeing how omniblock/shield tackle was the greatest way to stop light attack stagger spam? Fix THAT first then fix omniblock/tackle.

massive02
03-18-2017, 12:32 AM
Most likely we'll see the next major patch around the 28th if we take into account the time frame for the first major patch. console patch would follow a week after.

UbiJurassic
03-18-2017, 12:34 AM
It isnt JUST defense. How are you not seeing how omniblock/shield tackle was the greatest way to stop light attack stagger spam? Fix THAT first then fix omniblock/tackle.

We're aware of those as well, but the OP specifically mentioned defense.

truecoins
03-18-2017, 12:42 AM

Can you have gear turned off and tie gear stats to timed events only? I say timed only because you don't want to split the base with more modes. Maybe every weekend and every bi-weekly have 4v4 domination and elimination modes. Bonus exp and loot to go along with said events please.

And you really need a PTR and some dev updates regarding what your doing with balance. A little something for the player because of how long you are taking.

UbiJurassic
03-18-2017, 12:55 AM
Can you have gear turned off and tie gear stats to timed events only? I say timed only because you don't want to split the base with more modes.

And you really need a PTR and some dev updates regarding what your doing with balance. A little something for the player because of how long you are taking.

That's a interesting suggestion and I'll be sure to make a note of it, truecoins.

Updates, straight from our devs, usually occur on our weekly livestream, The Warrior's Den. This past week, our stream was more casual and there wasn't much talk about the issues, but we should have more devs on to talk starting next week. Otherwise, most of our communication regarding the official changes will come from our patch notes, which will be published prior to the patch's release.

lDelicious
03-18-2017, 01:50 AM
You guys need to ATLEAST give an estimated time on when this patch is getting released, because all you are doing is killing your game...

Do you have any idea how many people are sick and tired of dealing with the issues associated with Ubisoft games? You are lucky that no other fighting games similar to FH were released recently, because to be frank, ALL this company has left to depend on is Rainbow Six Siege.

You need to step up your game; this game has had multiple testing phases, yet despite this the game was STILL released in this state.

Bob__Gnarly
03-18-2017, 02:23 AM
Yep, this is taking too long. Already lost a huge chunk of the population and the game is in a worse state its ever been in.

If only there was any other game remotely interesting out, i wouldn't be here waiting for For Honor to come out of beta.

cha_cha_cha-2.0
03-18-2017, 02:48 AM
Well, I like a dev is stepping up here. I myself would not mind if you take your time in this department. And I could only hope you are checking out community's tournaments as well as forum's feedback.
So PLEASE, i beg you, don't come up whith such lines as "Raider is a PK killer" ever again. Take your time. You did a great job developing this game. I trust you.

truecoins
03-18-2017, 03:29 AM
Also, i heard people bring up blocking should drain stamina and dashes costing stamina too...at first i was like ew, running out of stamina is one of the most annoying things to me, esp without the gear stat turned off to make it more manageable. Lawbringer gets tired quick!

But after more thought i think it could work... But you would have the effectively double or triple the stamina bar so you will have to do an extreme amount of turtling and extreme amount of defending. I mean Darksouls/Bloodbourne seem to balance the resource management of attacks/defend/dodge/sidestep.

Anyways it maybe something worth testing to see how it works.

Thanapetus
03-18-2017, 10:31 PM

Then UBIJurassic please forward this along to the "Powers that be"

1) No way should assassins should be able to stagger LB/Shugoki with Light Attacks, you can stagger with Heavys.
2) Raiders should be able to be staggered with Lights but Raider gets much more mobility, evade attack (I would like to see a fast knockdown) and swing speed increase
3) LB should get more defense for the lack of mobility OR more HP
4) LB should be considered a heavy and the running charge should be unblockable like Warlord Push, Raider Charge, Shugoki Charge
5) Add more stamina consumption to Warlord Headbutt and Warden Shoulder Charge
6) Rebindable Controllers, specified to heros

Those 6 things in combination to the 20 I earlier posted will give you guys a huge amount of goodwill toward returning accounts. I honestly would suggest that a high ranking member of management to publicly apologize for the growing pains of the game etc. Push it to gaming media and so called Youtube Critics who have a stranglehold on gamers thought processes (IE Totalbiscuit, Maximillian Dood and Angry Joe)

You have to establish a Public Test Server and ACTUALLY LISTEN to them. this game will not develop true balance until then.

This is coming from someone who was in the top 100 in Mortal Kombat X and top 150 for Ultimate Marvel V Capcom 3. I can tell you, this game has the potential to be juggernaut in competitive gaming IF you iron out some of these problems now.

CitizenPuddi
03-18-2017, 10:37 PM
soon™

Synsif
03-18-2017, 10:42 PM
How long are you developers going to wait before you decide to release a substantial balance patch to this game?

Have you seen the state of high level play or do you not care at this point? How many times do people have to tell you that defence is TOO STRONG. Have you played duel, only to face an opponent who refuses to attack since attacking is penalised so heavily in this game? Does this seem fun to you?

When are you going to provide other characters with the means to compete with the top tier heroes? How long are you going to allow this stupidly broken warden shoulder charge to ruin the game? How long are you going to leave the warlord headbutt in its state? How long is the raider going to be the legend that no one gives a damn about because he is garbage at high levels of play?

When will you address certain bugs which are rendering certain heroes unplayable? I mean, it seems perfectly legit leaving the raider, lawbringer & nobushi with the slowest guard stance change speeds in the game, especially when you have people using the indicator bug...oh wait lets not call it a "bug", let's call it "tech".

Instead of wasting your time putting a dumb pony emote into the game, how about you get off your *** and start implementing that magical thing called BALANCE. How is it that you can come up with such an amazing concept, only to shoot yourselves in the foot due to BAD marketing, BAD game design and BAD game balance? Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic...

And for you trolls who will come along and say "git gud", you can go to any For Honor tracking site and see what bracket I play in when it comes to duel. You can't sit there and tell me you people enjoy being punished for attacking, punished for picking a certain hero, punished for being honourable...this has to stop...
If any of you would watch dev streams, you'd know they are working on a big patch. They plan on balancing the defensive meta, the PK, the LB, and all that they think need fixing right now. Connection issues are being looked at. They are listening and they do care, but like every update and patch with any game, it takes time. It's been a little over a month since release. You cannot just expect them to be able to establish what needs fixed, come up with a solution, and implement it all into the game in that short time frame. Give them time and next time when you go go complain about Ubisoft and their "refusal to balance the game," watch the dev streams and know your information first.

Felis_Menari
03-18-2017, 10:45 PM
@Thanapetus: Funny, you mention8ng Impaling Charge; I had a thought about it last night. While being UB would make it OP in my opinion, there's a slight modification that would help a *lot*. Right now, if blocked, Impaling Charge eats up q lot of stamina, especially when blocked. And yet, the enemy reacts to it like it was a light attack, instead of a brutal charge by a metal-plated tank. Impaling Charge is a heavy attack, and should be treated like one when blocked. When blocked, enemies should stagger like when they are being assaulted by a Berserker's barrage (it's almost impossible to parry consecutive attacks due to the block stagger). *THAT*, is how Impaling Charge should behave. Without such a change, the stamina cost on block needs to take half stamina, at the most. Right now the cost when blocked is ridiculous.

Thanapetus
03-18-2017, 11:01 PM
@Thanapetus: Funny, you mention8ng Impaling Charge; I had a thought about it last night. While being UB would make it OP in my opinion, there's a slight modification that would help a *lot*. Right now, if blocked, Impaling Charge eats up q lot of stamina, especially when blocked. And yet, the enemy reacts to it like it was a light attack, instead of a brutal charge by a metal-plated tank. Impaling Charge is a heavy attack, and should be treated like one when blocked. When blocked, enemies should stagger like when they are being assaulted by a Berserker's barrage (it's almost impossible to parry consecutive attacks due to the block stagger). *THAT*, is how Impaling Charge should behave. Without such a change, the stamina cost on block needs to take half stamina, at the most. Right now the cost when blocked is ridiculous.

I could agree on that change.

lDelicious
03-19-2017, 01:04 AM
It would be a good idea if you read the thread before making accusations...

Whiskey_Double
03-19-2017, 01:10 AM
The funny things is, a simple locked, sticky thread with "hey guys we are are of X, X, X...we're working on it" would probably placate a lot of people and would reduce the amount of irritated customers. You don't have to be specific on when, or what, but expecting people to watch developer videos for potential information on fixes is just stupid. That's like a retailer sending out an eblast to their current client database and expecting that eblast to bring in new customers to the store.

Sekiro...
03-21-2017, 03:18 AM

You rang? ;)

dont take too long please

Varicose_Veins
03-21-2017, 03:22 AM
IMO, based on the sheer quantity of problems and the balance issues, plus the fundamental game-breaker of the defence meta, it will be months or possibly not even this year before this game approaches anything like "balance"

Varicose_Veins
03-21-2017, 03:25 AM
The funny things is, a simple locked, sticky thread with "hey guys we are are of X, X, X...we're working on it" would probably placate a lot of people and would reduce the amount of irritated customers. You don't have to be specific on when, or what, but expecting people to watch developer videos for potential information on fixes is just stupid. That's like a retailer sending out an eblast to their current client database and expecting that eblast to bring in new customers to the store.

But the list is ever growing as more and more problems are revealed almost on a weekly basis. And these are serious problems.

Examples; two weeks ago hardly anyone was talking about the flicker bug.

This week we now see the Shugoki charge run making a mockery of the game.

These things take a lot of time and resources to fix, test and balance.

Bob__Gnarly
03-21-2017, 04:05 AM
IMO, based on the sheer quantity of problems and the balance issues, plus the fundamental game-breaker of the defence meta, it will be months or possibly not even this year before this game approaches anything like "balance"

Yeah even though I'd like to see some changes ASAP, I just don't see it happening. The game has so many issues and most of the dev team have moved onto the next cash cow project, not to mention this is Ubi we're talking about, the game will be dead before anything substantial happens. Don't hold your breath guys.