PDA

View Full Version : Could seasons be placed on a weekly cycle?

Dahminating
03-17-2017, 04:45 PM
Each day ends a round, first to 4 rounds wins the season, otherwise the faction with 3 rounds takes it home.

The community already believes that it's the final day that determines the win, why not rework the system to reflect that?

Munktor
03-17-2017, 04:56 PM
I think at least rounds should be weekly instead of 2 weeks.

Daily seems a bit much imo...but I agree that rounds and seasons shouldn't take as much time as they currently have planned.

Captain-Courage
03-17-2017, 05:37 PM
I think at least rounds should be weekly instead of 2 weeks.

This.
We saw with the last round that only the last hours counts since every war assets deployed before does not enter in calculation for determining the winner. Only who has what territoy at the end.
So no need to make it last 2 weeks for literally ... nothing.
I think it lasts so long because they designed all their content release calendar according to that that bi weekly schedule, and maybe Esports seasons also.
Don't worry that much guys, you will fail at Esports. you already have indeed, so why worrying about ESL and all that stuff. unless you want to make people laugh quite hard ...

There should also be a way to lock some territories, at least for some hours (kinda like in Planetside 2 for example) when your faction take the HQ of another one.

As its is, the system is half baked, very limited (put you assets on a specific place or not, your only choices), is more a gadget to justify the fact that there are 3 factions and giving people something to do while they wait for their teamates to launch a new game.
It brings actually absolutely nothing gameplay wise right now ... Some minigames you had on some of your old PS1 games loading screens were more interesting.