PDA

View Full Version : So when's that Peacekeeper nerf coming?

Apaolo_
03-17-2017, 04:04 PM
They had their fun facerolling everyone but enough is enough. No class should be allowed to have such a severe punish on a Guardbreak. Really, a 35% bleed on 1 Guardbreak?! Two of those and you're basically dead.

And before you all chime in "git gud and guardbreak better" How many times can you avoid a Guardbreak? Even the best of best get guardbroken two or three times.

Gray360UK
03-17-2017, 04:11 PM
I wish my PK had this guaranteed Guard Break you seem to think they have.
Whenever I try to Guard Break someone they smack me in the face. Try playing a PK, stand in front of someone, and keep pressing X (or whatever button it is for you) and let me know how many times that gives you a guaranteed Guard Break. Alternatively, let me know how many seconds it takes before you have your head cut off.

Pope138
03-17-2017, 04:13 PM
Peacekeeper needs a nerf?
They don't give me any problems.

Extropy
03-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Oh stop it with the guard break, it doesn't do that much more damage than most other classes can do on a gb. The real problem with peacekeepers is the light attack spam and the zone attack that's too fast for a human to react to it

Lyskir
03-17-2017, 04:17 PM
Oh stop it with the guard break, it doesn't do that much more damage than most other classes can do on a gb. The real problem with peacekeepers is the light attack spam and the zone attack that's too fast for a human to react to it

true that

Apaolo_
03-17-2017, 04:18 PM

Don't even get me started on the light attack and zone spam. This is literally the easiest class to play in the game and not because of skill it's because of the game mechanics.

Combine that with the fact heavy characters have slow block speeds and it's just ridiculous.

PackingMoney
03-17-2017, 04:19 PM
They had their fun facerolling everyone but enough is enough. No class should be allowed to have such a severe punish on a Guardbreak. Really, a 35% bleed on 1 Guardbreak?! Two of those and you're basically dead.

And before you all chime in "git gud and guardbreak better" How many times can you avoid a Guardbreak? Even the best of best get guardbroken two or three times.

You can still block the stabs once you are guradbroken. I am not sure how, but I have had people block them before. Also there are a lot more punishing combos, such as berserkers out of stam combo where he can do 4 bars of damage.

Sirborkshire
03-17-2017, 04:21 PM
Shugoki has a pretty obscene amount of damage off their GB too

Apaolo_
03-17-2017, 04:27 PM
Shugoki has a pretty obscene amount of damage off their GB too

No where near what a PK can do

Extropy
03-17-2017, 04:30 PM
Actually if you're out of stamina a shugoki can do a fully charged heavy which is more than a PK can do.

secrecy274
03-17-2017, 04:35 PM
PK's grab is annoying but tbh it's nothing more than any other heroes get of their GB.

dayLockey
03-17-2017, 04:42 PM
Zerker can legit nearly insta kill me with their GB combo if I'm near a wall or out of stamina, same with Warden and Shugoki.

PK has a lot of issues: zone flicker bug is most broken on PK, light spam with some heavy feint/GB mixups is a nightmare to guard and their revenge zone spam is laughable. Their poisons off GB aren't an issue to me though.

Operch
03-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Zerker can legit nearly insta kill me with their GB combo if I'm near a wall or out of stamina, same with Warden and Shugoki.

This. Berserker has the highest damage punish in the game followed by Raider. The PK's guard break is nothing compared to that.

If you're walking face first into a revenged PK spamming zone attacks then the only person at fault is you. If you're having a hard time getting GB'd by them then you need to work on your counter guard breaks.

I'm not saying the PK is perfect but it's not this incredibly broken roflstomp character that people think it is. You only see people complaining about her in the lower skill tiers because once you figure them out they aren't much of a problem unless they are in the hands of a top tier player, but in those hands any character is a legit problem.

TL;DR It's cliche, but git gud brobro.

Lyskir
03-17-2017, 05:01 PM
This. Berserker has the highest damage punish in the game followed by Raider. The PK's guard break is nothing compared to that.

If you're walking face first into a revenged PK spamming zone attacks then the only person at fault is you. If you're having a hard time getting GB'd by them then you need to work on your counter guard breaks.

I'm not saying the PK is perfect but it's not this incredibly broken roflstomp character that people think it is. You only see people complaining about her in the lower skill tiers because once you figure them out they aren't much of a problem unless they are in the hands of a top tier player, but in those hands any character is a legit problem.

yeah thats why all classes are in tournament, not only a lot of PK, warlord,congs...yeah....these classes have no advantage against the mid and trash tier ones................

Why is something like this always coming from pk mains lul...i wonder

BTW fix guard change speed UBI!!

Peligrad
03-17-2017, 05:02 PM

You actually don't see low tier players complain about her as often as you high tier players complain about her.

In unskilled hands she really isn't a big deal. Her damage output potential is pretty mediocre and she is a pretty fragile target. It's not until people know how to guard well that she gets broken because guarding against her is harder than any other character in the game.

At this point, calling someone a bad player for calling PK OP is just showing that you yourself are a noob.

It's pretty well established at this point that the PK and Warlord are the two strongest characters and probably either need toned down or the other characters need buffs.

Apaolo_
03-17-2017, 05:14 PM
This. Berserker has the highest damage punish in the game followed by Raider. The PK's guard break is nothing compared to that. .

You're right he does but he has to earn it. You have to be out of stamina, he has to get a guard break off of you, push you into a wall then go for a heavy. Or if he gets you to fall he gets a two heavy attack. The difference is HE EARNS IT.

PK can literally just guardbreak you twice and you're dead.

Munktor
03-17-2017, 05:20 PM
I wish my PK had this guaranteed Guard Break you seem to think they have.
Whenever I try to Guard Break someone they smack me in the face. Try playing a PK, stand in front of someone, and keep pressing X (or whatever button it is for you) and let me know how many times that gives you a guaranteed Guard Break.

Honestly Gray...a lot actually. There are a LOT of people that are REALLY bad at this game, or simply haven't learned all the mechanics. Also a good deal of people seem to think heavy attack is the best attack to throw, which isn't fast enough to stop the GB.

I think that's why there is so much complaint around this.

When i'm fighting someone good, they know how to CGB (as do I) and it creates some funny moments with two guys just pushing eachother back and forth for a bit before someone decides to throw a light lol.

But end of the day, GB-> 3 bleed hits is something that happens commonly due to so many people not understanding how to stop it.

I think dodge-attacks being such a "go-to" strategy for so many people exacerbates the "issue" due to them not understanding dodging = free GB.

Now, I in no way think PK's need to be nerfed simply because of this, as it's clear it can be defended against...but I understand why so many people think it's "broken".

But yea, just saying, "let me know how it works out for you" isn't really a good argument imo as clearly it works a lot against many people. When it doesn't work, that's when the real fight begins.

Basically, if vortex spam and GB-> light attack spam beats my opponent, I consider them a poor player. If it doesn't, then I know i'm in for an engaging fight. This is why I always open with one of the two. Might as well find out early if i'm up against a bad/on par/good player early.

dayLockey
03-17-2017, 05:23 PM
You actually don't see low tier players complain about her as often as you high tier players complain about her.

In unskilled hands she really isn't a big deal. Her damage output potential is pretty mediocre and she is a pretty fragile target. It's not until people know how to guard well that she gets broken because guarding against her is harder than any other character in the game.

At this point, calling someone a bad player for calling PK OP is just showing that you yourself are a noob.

It's pretty well established at this point that the PK and Warlord are the two strongest characters and probably either need toned down or the other characters need buffs.

I honestly think you have your entire argument backwards, friend. Low-skill players complain about PK and other assassins most. Why is that you ask? It is because assassin-type heroes, like PK, exploit their inability to guard properly, parry punish or counter play their movements and fast attack speeds.

It is the more experienced, skilled players that have less of an issue vs. PK and more of an issue vs. the "defense meta" heroes IE Warlord, Conqueror, Shugoki. Players who do not commit to actions unless the enemy commits first and countering them. That is the main issue facing For Honor's high level/competitive scene.

Munktor
03-17-2017, 05:28 PM
I honestly think you have your entire argument backwards, friend. Low-skill players complain about PK and other assassins most. Why is that you ask? It is because assassin-type heroes, like PK, exploit their inability to guard properly, parry punish or counter play their movements and fast attack speeds.

It is the more experienced, skilled players that have less of an issue vs. PK and more of an issue vs. the "defense meta" heroes IE Warlord, Conqueror, Shugoki. Players who do not commit to actions unless the enemy commits first and countering them. That is the main issue facing For Honor's high level/competitive scene.

He's going to insult you directly instead of addressing your argument. Watch =)

Gray360UK
03-17-2017, 05:37 PM
Honestly Gray...a lot actually. There are a LOT of people that are REALLY bad at this game, or simply haven't learned all the mechanics. Also a good deal of people seem to think heavy attack is the best attack to throw, which isn't fast enough to stop the GB.

When i'm fighting someone good, they know how to CGB (as do I) and it creates some funny moments with two guys just pushing eachother back and forth for a bit before someone decides to throw a light lol.

But end of the day, GB-> 3 bleed hits is something that happens commonly due to so many people not understanding how to stop it.

I think dodge-attacks being such a "go-to" strategy for so many people exacerbates the "issue" due to them not understanding dodging = free GB.

Now, I in no way think PK's need to be nerfed simply because of this, as it's clear it can be defended against...but I understand why so many people think it's "broken".

But yea, just saying, "let me know how it works out for you" isn't really a good argument imo as clearly it works a lot against many people. When it doesn't work, that's when the real fight begins.

Basically, if vortex spam and GB-> light attack spam beats my opponent, I consider them a poor player. If it doesn't, then I know i'm in for an engaging fight. This is why I always open with one of the two. Might as well find out early if i'm up against a bad/on par/good player early.

Fair point, well made.

cragar212
03-17-2017, 05:46 PM
I guess it depends wether they decide to balance the game around the minority or the majority of the playerbase

Apaolo_
03-17-2017, 06:01 PM

That's a great break down! Countering a GB once or twice is fair enough but when a PK is constantly going for it, it's hard to stop all of them. The risk reward for them is just too high, they suffer no consequence if they miss the GB but if they get it then boom there goes half your life.

Thanapetus
03-17-2017, 08:21 PM
Peacekeeper needs a nerf?
They don't give me any problems.

Thats because you most likely rage quit on the first death or stick strictly to AI fights

sd_fungi
03-17-2017, 10:22 PM
You can still block the stabs once you are guradbroken. I am not sure how, but I have had people block them before. Also there are a lot more punishing combos, such as berserkers out of stam combo where he can do 4 bars of damage.

No they can't, but they can have a feat that makes them immune to bleed, or a high debuff stat.

In a 4v4 it would seem that the heroes are setup as counters to others. However that is pointless unless without knowing what the other team is playing, or being able to switch after a death.

We.the.North
03-17-2017, 10:37 PM
I main a PK and here are my 2 cents :

Things I agree are overpowered : Our zone attack and the speed at which revenge builds up for us. It's crazy fast and can be initiated while your character's weapon are facing somewhere else. As a result, you get a crazy fast attack coming from a direction your opponent wasn't expecting. The cost in stamina is CRAZY HIGH, but since you have infinite stamina during revenge (which builds up too quickly), it can still be spammed.

Things I disagree are overpowered : Light attack spam and Grab / Bleed. GUYS, my peacekeeper with 92 gear score loses 1/3 of his life to any other character guard breaking us into a hvy attack. Our HP pool is THAT LOW. We're super squishy. So if we can kill 1/3 your hp with one guard break and you go kill 1/3 of our hp with one guard break ; then I call this balanced. Our mobility is crazy, but that's what we do !! We need it to stay alive. Who cares if we can poke you 3 times in a row with our crazy mobility, all it takes for you is ONE single parry followed by ONE combo of attacks and BAM, we have the same %HP again.

If they nerf revenge spam and zone attack, Peacekeeper will be quite fine.

Thanapetus
03-17-2017, 11:28 PM
I main a PK and here are my 2 cents :

Things I agree are overpowered : Our zone attack and the speed at which revenge builds up for us. It's crazy fast and can be initiated while your character's weapon are facing somewhere else. As a result, you get a crazy fast attack coming from a direction your opponent wasn't expecting. The cost in stamina is CRAZY HIGH, but since you have infinite stamina during revenge (which builds up too quickly), it can still be spammed.

Things I disagree are overpowered : Light attack spam and Grab / Bleed. GUYS, my peacekeeper with 92 gear score loses 1/3 of his life to any other character guard breaking us into a hvy attack. Our HP pool is THAT LOW. We're super squishy. So if we can kill 1/3 your hp with one guard break and you go kill 1/3 of our hp with one guard break ; then I call this balanced. Our mobility is crazy, but that's what we do !! We need it to stay alive. Who cares if we can poke you 3 times in a row with our crazy mobility, all it takes for you is ONE single parry followed by ONE combo of attacks and BAM, we have the same %HP again.

If they nerf revenge spam and zone attack, Peacekeeper will be quite fine.

Thing is LB, Raider and Shugoki have extremely tight windows to land said Heavy after GB or knockdown due to PK having the fastest recovery time.

Another thing, you can spam Lights against the above named classes and due to slow guard stance you have an infinite advantage

You are using a sword and dagger and hitting a plate wearer for 60+ with your speed and mobility is the definition of overpowered, like that picture of batman having a green lantern ring.

ghostirq
03-17-2017, 11:57 PM

PK has a lot of issues: zone flicker bug is most broken on PK, light spam with some heavy feint/GB mixups is a nightmare to guard and their revenge zone spam is laughable. Their poisons off GB aren't an issue to me though.
So nerf zone attack. Nerf combo mixups. What's next? Delete the hero?

Thanapetus
03-18-2017, 12:07 AM
So nerf zone attack. Nerf combo mixups. What's next? Delete the hero?

I'm all for it, I have yet to play a game with assassins that were balanced. Every single time they are oped and the closest to balance I have seen was without a doubt Age of Conan but then again Very few played it because the game had probably the best balance in any MMO or fighter.

vgrimr_J
03-18-2017, 11:08 AM
Maybe you should learn to counter GB and stop playing as a turtle. jeez serioulsy everybody is playing like a turtle these days and are crying out nerfs for agile heroes. git gud.

Sauronbaine
03-18-2017, 11:48 AM
People forget that this is a fighting game. Speed wins.

Same for Mortal Kombat and any others.

Who is the fastest character in everything?

Peacekeeper.

ArthurWhite01
03-18-2017, 02:01 PM
I just want to say that Valk's light attack is faster than PK's light attack and the GB and light attack spam aren't really that big of a problem on her. I never get hit by a PKs light attack spam unless I'm in a 1vX. Side dashes and overhead dash attacks are really easy to parry and the light attack spam can **** you when you don't have the reaction time required, but that's it. Also just block to the right at all times when you are in neutral.

suboptiml
03-18-2017, 05:09 PM
Maneuverability, speed, range of attack and high damage is an incredibly potent combination, and very easy to overpower. Throw in a couple of dots and you've got all the makings of an OP class. It lets them control the spacing and tempo of the fight, while also dishing out big damage and putting pressure on with dots that force the other player to abandon defense.

The buff to her range was especially weird. You'll see her be obviously out of range of even her short sword, yet literally teleport into attack range when she strikes. It's laughably OP once you start noticing it.

The thing is, Warlord is arguably the top class at the moment. But that's because of his particular abilities. Headbutt. Throw/push distance.

The PK's OPness comes from the potent combination of core traits: speed, maneuverability, range of attack and high damage. Her powerful individual abilities (bleeds, poison, cancel-able zone into other abilities) are just icing on that big cake. She's just hugely overtuned in these core traits. It's too potent of a combination.