PDA

View Full Version : It's not cheese

DvlDawg15
03-17-2017, 03:38 PM
Using revenge, a mechanic someone allowed you to gain by their play isn't cheese. Using the environment someone allowed their selves to be victim to isn't cheese. 2v1 isn't cheese. Your partner failed to hold their end of the bargain and win their 1v1(I do find it cheap to start a round by running to your teammate to avoid the 1v1)

You pop revenge to gain the advantage over the enemy who couldn't strike you or gb when they should have. By holding that revenge, you could lose because you didn't use a legitimate mechanic. The maps are built with these hazards and cliffs, and if you give ground to force your back to it, you deserve to fly. If you are aggressive and push the enemy to the edge, and tunnel vision the enemy without seeing that peacekeeper at an edge for an easy flip, your fault. You're playing team modes if you can be 2v1'd... your team falls behind, this is your punishment.

It's plain stupid to lose because you don't use your environment or revenge. If it's not needed for the win, then fine don't use it, but there's no such thing as a fair fight when it's for the win... you don't see the Air Force using f-16's because the f-35 is too advantageous. Marines don't use iron sights on m-16's and ignore their assets to gain the tactical advantage like night vision or artillery. Fight to win.

Prophit618
03-17-2017, 04:03 PM
I agree with you all counts except one. Revenge is cheesy when you're 1v1ing someone and they get revenge while at half health without ever hitting you or even blocking one of your attacks. They did nothing to earn it except have good gear, which is so easy to get it's hardly worth that big a reward. Of course this is a problem Ubi should be addressing, and I can't fault players for taking advantage of it so long as they don't. Just because it's legitimate doesn't make it uncheesy though.

Otherwise, absolutely. The definition of "Cheese" in this game more often seems to be "You did something that beat me".

Simi_Xiamara_
03-17-2017, 04:47 PM
It's only considered cheap if the general population thinks it is...also your examples are horrible. Those are technological advances. Better example would be throwing dirt in someone eyes while your fighting

corazondedelfin
03-17-2017, 04:57 PM
I agree with you all counts except one. Revenge is cheesy when you're 1v1ing someone and they get revenge while at half health without ever hitting you or even blocking one of your attacks. They did nothing to earn it except have good gear, which is so easy to get it's hardly worth that big a reward. Of course this is a problem Ubi should be addressing, and I can't fault players for taking advantage of it so long as they don't. Just because it's legitimate doesn't make it uncheesy though.

Otherwise, absolutely. The definition of "Cheese" in this game more often seems to be "You did something that beat me".

In real war, which is supposed to be represented by FOR HONOR, the gear you carry to the battle gives you a huge advantage. Its a noob thing not realizing that the gear is key in a war fighting videogame. Im sorry to say that, but its true. Gear is fine.

Darkxpassenger
03-17-2017, 05:01 PM
Totally agree. The only thing that's bad is Revenge gain by damage. I don't think the game should reward you for playing badly.

corazondedelfin
03-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Totally agree. The only thing that's bad is Revenge gain by damage. I don't think the game should reward you for playing badly.

Do you even know what revenge means?

Yes man, yes, you forgot that. If you hit me, Ill hit you harder: REVENGE.

Darkxpassenger
03-17-2017, 06:19 PM
Do you even know what revenge means?

Yes man, yes, you forgot that. If you hit me, Ill hit you harder: REVENGE.

You know how idiotic you just sounded like? Try getting in a fight against two guys, I'm pretty sure screaming REVENGE won't help for ****.

All I'm saying is that the game shouldn't reward you at least that much revenge for getting harmed in a game where the main focus is defense. This breaks the game, rewarding low skilled player (that's where you most likely fall under) Revenge Mode all the time. That should be rewarded for blocking and such.

If you depend of Revenge Mode that much to win in a 2v1 scenario, you probably aren't skilled as you think you are.