PDA

View Full Version : 4v4 objective game mode without gear

Schweinwinder31
03-17-2017, 08:02 AM
i would really like to see this happen. the object of dominion is fun and i would like to play it more, but gear is unfair unless i use my only character with an ok gear rating of 57. i can't mix it up with new characters because 108 orochi's, kensei's. PK's etc. destroy me in like 2-3 hits from their 9,327th revenge in the space of 12 seconds... something like 4v4 capture the flag without gear would be so much fun. a nice fun level playing field with a classic and enjoyable game mode.

DrinkinMehStella
03-17-2017, 12:22 PM
I agree, i would like to see a hardcore mode with no gear score and no attacking feats etc.

Blasto95
03-17-2017, 12:23 PM
You can set up a custom match and turn off Gear Scroe, revenge and feats. Possibly the mini map to?

SlipHazard
03-17-2017, 02:56 PM
Totally this!
Gear is annoying. The more I rank up, the higher the gear score of my enemies gets. Full dmg or revenge gear is no fun to play against and not fair for players with lower gear.
If we could get a version of dominion without gear, it would be the best 4v4 mode, period.

Cheers,
Slip

Munktor
03-17-2017, 03:29 PM
I agree, i would like to see a hardcore mode with no gear score and no attacking feats etc.

It's already there. It's called custom game.

You can bring your friends in, or even fill slots with bots.

It will not generate rep/steel though, but you don't need those things if you're looking to play with no gear anyways, right? =)

Deadly Ire
03-17-2017, 03:32 PM
Honestly I think gear should just be cool cosmetic stuff with no stats. I feel like that'd make a genuinely balanced game. I'd still be super motivated to get gear if it was just cool lookin stuff. Thoughts?

Plutonium Bug
03-17-2017, 03:36 PM
I personally don't agree with this. Gear makes it worth to grind char to rep 3.

berserker7331
03-17-2017, 04:03 PM
It's already there. It's called custom game.

It will not generate rep/steel though, but you don't need those things if you're looking to play with no gear anyways, right? =)

This baby, this

RayNoGG
03-17-2017, 04:03 PM
Current state of the game is that if you are Rep 0 with no good feats and gear, gear stats on game modes should not be where you dip your feet in.

The matchmaking system needs to be able to balance gear levels rather than skill level cause the latter doesn't mean ****. I see people play like idiots at rep5+ all the time, but hey they are spamming easy cause they've got top gears. Or rep0 but they play very well, knows how to parry and dodge chains etc.

People should only be playing against players at the same Rep level, because higher rep = better gears and better gears dominate games.

RatedChaotic
03-17-2017, 04:21 PM
I agree. I love seeing those posts that people say gear does not matter. They make me laugh at their stupidity. I had this argument with my teenager aswell. He was telling me ah dad gear stats dont help much. I said oh ya boy play a round with your rep0 lvl 5 conq and then come in here and play my rep 3 conq. He was amazed with the difference. Stam regen and stam reduction was the first things he noticed. Gear doesnt matter lol thats horse sh*t

Operch
03-17-2017, 06:00 PM
I want a capture the flag mode along the lines of Warsong Gulch in WoW.

FightingFerrets
03-17-2017, 06:03 PM
I just got my Warlord to 108...but I would much rather enjoy a gear free 4v4 option...I mostly enjoy the cosmetics of the gear rather than the actual stat mods...

Munktor
03-17-2017, 06:04 PM
I agree. I love seeing those posts that people say gear does not matter. They make me laugh at their stupidity. I had this argument with my teenager aswell. He was telling me ah dad gear stats dont help much. I said oh ya boy play a round with your rep0 lvl 5 conq and then come in here and play my rep 3 conq. He was amazed with the difference. Stam regen and stam reduction was the first things he noticed. Gear doesnt matter lol thats horse sh*t

Of course it matters in the gear mode...it's the WHOLE POINT of the gear modes lol.

I'm actually amazed people seem so upset about it. It all boils down to, "wahhh, I don't have that stuff, it's unfair".

People didn't just log in with stuff other people didn't have y'know =)

That's why there are non-gear and gear modes. If you don't enjoy being at a disadvantage while leveling up your char, you can do so WITHOUT the gear in duel & brawl. If you're a more seasoned player that enjoys a challenge, you can jump into the gear modes and test your mettle against those that have focused on a particular build.

I'm not sure why this is so difficult for people to understand.

RatedChaotic
03-17-2017, 06:25 PM
You can set up a custom match and turn off Gear Scroe, revenge and feats. Possibly the mini map to?

And then you have these comments. Think really hard as to why some players would want another 4v4 game mode without these options on over a custom made match. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

FightingFerrets
03-17-2017, 06:30 PM
Because we live in an age where instant gratification is the norm and any type of delayed reward, or anything requiring time and effort, (you know the things that make difficult ventures rewarding) makes people whine...

Munktor
03-17-2017, 06:30 PM
And then you have these comments. Think really hard as to why some players would want another 4v4 game mode without these options on over a custom made match. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

They want to earn steel/rep without having to struggle like others did to earn steel/rep??

RatedChaotic
03-17-2017, 06:40 PM
They want to earn steel/rep without having to struggle like others did to earn steel/rep??

What? Yes they want steel and xp and a 4v4 game mode without gear stats. You think rep and steel is a struggle? lol I went from rep2 lvl 17 to rep 3 lvl 2 in one match by using the contracts champ status and friend champ buff to my advantage. Rep and steel is easy to obtain.

MumfordDaHound
03-17-2017, 06:43 PM
Because we live in an age where instant gratification is the norm and any type of delayed reward, or anything requiring time and effort, (you know the things that make difficult ventures rewarding) makes people whine...

Ding (blanking) ding!

Turric4n666
03-17-2017, 06:44 PM
Not playing 4on4 modes anymore unless that is added.

Munktor
03-17-2017, 08:05 PM
What? Yes they want steel and xp and a 4v4 game mode without gear stats. You think rep and steel is a struggle? lol I went from rep2 lvl 17 to rep 3 lvl 2 in one match by using the contracts champ status and friend champ buff to my advantage. Rep and steel is easy to obtain.

No, I don't think it's a "struggle" as in difficulty, but there is a time investment where you can be matched with people that have acquired more/better than you at current.

When you consider these facts:

Rep is a means to increase the standard of gear you can acquire
Steel is a currency to purchase said gear of a certain level dependent upon your Rep

...it begs the question on why you would want to gain rep & steel if you want to play without gear lol.

sykout25
03-17-2017, 09:49 PM
Yes, let's just remove gear from the game so there leaves absolutely zero incentive for leveling.

truecoins
03-17-2017, 10:32 PM
i just made a topic regarding this.

The game mode should be default gear off....events should be weekend or bi weekly events that have gear mode on for bonus exp/loot etc.

buhahh125
03-17-2017, 10:35 PM

AND no hit indicators! =D

Munktor
03-17-2017, 10:52 PM
i just made a topic regarding this.

The game mode should be default gear off....events should be weekend or bi weekly events that have gear mode on for bonus exp/loot etc.

I guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal to add the mode. Just seems like it'd be counter-productive to the whole steel/rep system in general.

You're just going to have people using the mode to level up so they can go into the gear mode, which is going to make the gear mode completely MOOT as people will only play it once they're 108 gearscore REP 3...

RatedChaotic
03-17-2017, 11:08 PM
I guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal to add the mode. Just seems like it'd be counter-productive to the whole steel/rep system in general.

You're just going to have people using the mode to level up so they can go into the gear mode, which is going to make the gear mode completely MOOT as people will only play it once they're 108 gearscore REP 3...

Thats exactly what I did with duels. I used duels to learn, level up, and gear up and then went into the modes where gear plays a part. So really its not a big change plus it will benefit new players aswell.

truecoins
03-17-2017, 11:21 PM

So no reason to play any multiplayer game ever. Everyone wants to build their own personal character regardless of stats. The depth is in stats is so poor that everyone has revenge build anyways, so everyone is basically building to the same goal. Until the stat system is fully fleshed out and has more depth, it's basically a crutch for people to 50% shot everyone after they get revenge every 2 seconds. Having unique exotic gear would with attributes like bonus speed after an execution or blind/stun on overheads would also be cool but such a system would require a big update probably a year later.

Also people grind Overwatch like crazy. Cosmetics is all the masses really care about. the e-sport crowd doesnt like gear/stats and i doubt casuals with low rep like getting 1-2 shotted by 108 players.

Munktor
03-17-2017, 11:29 PM
So no reason to play any multiplayer game ever. Everyone wants to build their own personal character regardless of stats. The depth is in stats is so poor that everyone has revenge build anyways, so everyone is basically building to the same goal. Until the stat system is fully fleshed out and has more depth, it's basically a crutch for people to 50% shot everyone after they get revenge every 2 seconds. Having unique exotic gear would with attributes like bonus speed after an execution or blind/stun on overheads would also be cool but such a system would require a big update probably a year later.

Also people grind Overwatch like crazy. Cosmetics is all the masses really care about. the e-sport crowd doesnt like gear/stats and i doubt casuals with low rep like getting 1-2 shotted by 108 players.

Not sure what your first sentence means...repetitive multiplayer games with leveled up weapon/gear has been part of online gaming for decades...in fact, more games exist in that manner than ones with completely flat and even playing fields where there is zero difference between players...Those games usually wane out pretty quickly as people in general enjoy leveling up to further "empower" their heroes.

Anyways, like I said it wouldn't be that big of a deal, and if people really want it - so be it.

The "e-sport crowd" would play custom match, not random match-making...so that point makes ZERO sense in this discussion btw.

truecoins
03-18-2017, 12:04 AM
Not sure what your first sentence means...repetitive multiplayer games with leveled up weapon/gear has been part of online gaming for decades...in fact, more games exist in that manner than ones with completely flat and even playing fields where there is zero difference between players...Those games usually wane out pretty quickly as people in general enjoy leveling up to further "empower" their heroes.

Anyways, like I said it wouldn't be that big of a deal, and if people really want it - so be it.

The "e-sport crowd" would play custom match, not random match-making...so that point makes ZERO sense in this discussion btw.

"e-sports crowd" play lots of random matches and not just custom...ofcoarse they play custom vs other high level players, it doesn't mean anything else doesn't exist to them. So your point is wrong.

As for "empower" their heroes. It's more of a PvE thing. Most games with gear stats in PvP either getting it wrong, is meant to be imbalance and not competitive so nobody cares, or scale so much that it's still balanced between characters. Injustice 2 will have gear stats and loot and will probably have tons more depth than this game. But it's 1v1 and it's probably easier matchmake two players with similar gear together and will come with rank with gear only being visually done.

Munktor
03-18-2017, 12:23 AM
"e-sports crowd" play lots of random matches and not just custom...ofcoarse they play custom vs other high level players, it doesn't mean anything else doesn't exist to them. So your point is wrong.

As for "empower" their heroes. It's more of a PvE thing. Most games with gear stats in PvP either getting it wrong, is meant to be imbalance and not competitive so nobody cares, or scale so much that it's still balanced between characters. Injustice 2 will have gear stats and loot and will probably have tons more depth than this game. But it's 1v1 and it's probably easier matchmake two players with similar gear together and will come with rank with gear only being visually done.

I thought you meant in the context of actual e-sports...as in, competition. Not just practice or recreation lol.

How do you explain a game like Battlefield or pretty much any major online shooter with unlocks? Everyone is playing in a server where there are level 1 people and level 50 people. Some people have the highest level guns unlocked that provide various advantages, or different additional toolkits associated with their class unlocked, but you just got the game and are level 1?

Keep in mind, Dominion is more like a Conquest game mode in a shooter than a fighting game.

Brawl and Duel are the modes that are more like a fighting game (which btw have no gear) and were meant to be the "competitive" scene for this game.

Dominion will NEVER be the competitive scene for this game, so it's a bit silly to discuss gear in dominion from a competitive or "e-sports" standpoint imo.

truecoins
03-18-2017, 01:50 AM
I thought you meant in the context of actual e-sports...as in, competition. Not just practice or recreation lol.

How do you explain a game like Battlefield or pretty much any major online shooter with unlocks? Everyone is playing in a server where there are level 1 people and level 50 people. Some people have the highest level guns unlocked that provide various advantages, or different additional toolkits associated with their class unlocked, but you just got the game and are level 1?

Keep in mind, Dominion is more like a Conquest game mode in a shooter than a fighting game.

Brawl and Duel are the modes that are more like a fighting game (which btw have no gear) and were meant to be the "competitive" scene for this game.

Dominion will NEVER be the competitive scene for this game, so it's a bit silly to discuss gear in dominion from a competitive or "e-sports" standpoint imo.

Battlefield was pretty much balance until u got the heilreger. Even then it didnt make people with it unkillable and was still a grind to get to. Most other weapons were pretty balance while the high end gear in this game = way more advantageous than anything in battlefield.

As for brawls/duels those are fine, but people are ASKING for 4v4 modes with no gearstats and you don't see people asking for duels/brawls with gear on do you?...and not only do i like to play 4v4 but bc it's IMO the best way to get levelup. But i'll be happy to play duel/brawls when ranks come along.

Schweinwinder31
03-18-2017, 03:41 AM
Yes, let's just remove gear from the game so there leaves absolutely zero incentive for leveling.

i wouldn't want to lose incentive to level up either. cosmetic only items have been used as rewards for leveling up in many games of the past and present and i do think it has been working well. maybe cool ornaments and weapons could be rewards at certain reps instead of just color schemes. i would gladly grind to rep15+ if it meant i could finally look badass lol imo gear as it is now is just unbalanced and not fair. i just dont understand how your reward for leveling up in this game is receiving a significantly better character than the rest. in an online multiplayer based game with a decently large learning curve that is very skill-based, i find it borderline offensive that gear is so unbalanced. the very idea of it baffled me when i first heard about it... on paper it didn't even make a lick of sense to me. and in all honesty, i think the combat alone in this game is enough to carry it. the combat is FANTASTIC and i will play it for years as long as the unfair nature of gear gets resolved. fun would be my incentive :)

suboptiml
03-18-2017, 04:01 AM
All modes would benefit from having a version without gear stats and feats. Elimination in particular is really undermined by feats. It can be a series of great 1v1s that turn into a tense cat-and-mouse game. And then get fundamentally ruined by someone lobbing a feat AoE or ruining a great fight with a cheese bowshot.