PDA

View Full Version : 7k for new emotes.

Athelious1
03-17-2017, 07:46 AM
Are you kidding ubi? This game is already expensive as it is, it takes a absurd amount of farming just to get any cosmetics not to mention the game has no dedicated servers but as long as people buy your stupid steel packs its all good right ubi?

DrExtrem
03-17-2017, 08:37 AM
Well. They are boring anyway.

Nothing I would buy. Same for 95% of the ornaments.

Jobsalot
03-17-2017, 08:55 AM
I don't see the issue. They are optional and only cosmetics anyway, which don't influence gameplay. They are long-term motivationals, which is why you get some of them unlocked up until prestige 30. If you could just farm for one or two weeks and then unlock or buy everything, you'd have nothing to do anymore with this game and be done.

I'm not tackling the fact that this game has enough other technical issues that make it an unsavory experience for many because it is a whole different topic. The cost for the emotes and other cosmetics is fine.

DerHerbman
03-17-2017, 09:29 AM
You don't see a problem? Really? Your trolling right?

It's a big fat duck you from ubisoft! You get 40 steel for a dominion match, 20 for a duel. 5000 steel cost 5$!!!! I payed 50 € for the Game, it's a FULLPRICED Game! And I have to grind for month to unlock everything for only one character. Just do the math and you will recognise how big of a rip off this microtransactions are.

DON'T BUY STEEL, DON'T SPEND ANY MORE MONEY ON THIS BROKEN, OVERPRICED GAME!

whirly5
03-17-2017, 09:37 AM
I don't see the issue. They are optional and only cosmetics anyway, which don't influence gameplay. They are long-term motivationals, which is why you get some of them unlocked up until prestige 30. If you could just farm for one or two weeks and then unlock or buy everything, you'd have nothing to do anymore with this game and be done.

I'm not tackling the fact that this game has enough other technical issues that make it an unsavory experience for many because it is a whole different topic. The cost for the emotes and other cosmetics is fine.

the ****ing issue is that we payed full price for a game that has severe connectivity issues and they sell cut content for obscene f2p-like prices. at this point they just should hand out these emotes for free as a compensation.
plus the steel economy is NOT OK. if you want to have the new emote for all characters you'll need 84K steel which translate to 54$ (or €) when you take the best deal or 65$ with the second best. this is the equivalent of another full price game!
I really don't get how a sane person can say that this is ok.

Mia.Nora
03-17-2017, 09:38 AM
I am not buying any, and frankly it feels like an desperate attempt at selling some steel packs sham before people completely give up on this game.

Jobsalot
03-17-2017, 09:43 AM
the ****ing issue is that we payed full price for a game that has severe connectivity issues and they sell cut content for obscene f2p-like prices. at this point they just should hand out these emotes for free as a compensation.
plus the steel economy is NOT OK. if you want to have the new emote for all characters you'll need 84K steel which translate to 54$ (or ) when you take the best deal or 65$ with the second best. this is the equivalent of another full price game!
I really don't get how a sane person can say that this is ok.

Handing out emotes for free as compensation doesn't fix the existing technical issues and would, at worst, just be interpreted as half-assing efforts to fix everything. It's not a good example.

Besides, it is irrelevant for the topic. If the problem is the price for the cosmetics then that is entirely detached from the fact of whether the game works as intended or not. People would still b+tch because they are used to being pampered crybabies who get their boni, successes and achievements handed on a silver platter while putting minimum work into it. I'm actually glad for Ubi to not cater to this filthy casual crowd which is a horrible sample case of how gamer attitude in general has changed in all kinds of games on the market. "We want maximum gain but only put in minimum effort, if we don't get it, REFUNDS WAH WAH". Disgusting.

And anyone who buys steel with actual money is a bloody r+tard anyway. You earn steel for ANYTHING in this game. You even are rewarded with EXP and steel for LOSING. Might wanna take a step back and think of what a f+cking handout this already is because you are earning something for being a bloody failure.

whirly5
03-17-2017, 09:59 AM
People would still b+tch because they are used to being pampered crybabies who get their boni, successes and achievements handed on a silver platter while putting minimum work into it. I'm actually glad for Ubi to not cater to this filthy casual crowd which is a horrible sample case of how gamer attitude in general has changed in all kinds of games on the market. "We want maximum gain but only put in minimum effort, if we don't get it, REFUNDS WAH WAH". Disgusting.

gamer attitude has changed? it's more like corporate greed is reaching next level in gaming. I'm not casual and I don't have a problem to "earn" my stuff, but I just don't want to feel like a cow at a milking stanchion. the fact that others just buy the stuff you work for renders your achievement non-existent. there is nothing in the game that ISN't handed out on a silver platter because your steel income is not related to your performance.

Jobsalot
03-17-2017, 10:11 AM
How is buying optional cosmetics which are totally based on individual preference "corporate greed?" again? It is not even pay to win! You folks really have no argument other than that you want your little ********s sugar-coated.

If you know how to play you can get about a 1000 steel in about one to two hours, max. Most of the fights even against bots to fulfill your asignment. Getting 7000 is a piece of cake even if you only can manage about one hour of actual playtime a day. And if there are people out there who invest real life cash into this game to buy cosmetics which don't even grant any benefit for gameplay whatsoever, then that's none of you bloody business. They don't get any benefit out of it and its not their fault either that youd on't have a job or earn enough money.

If youc an't handle that, stay mad and keep crying how you purchased a full-price game whose game mechanics you obviously can't handle. Go back to candy crush saga or something.

chiller2k3
03-17-2017, 10:17 AM
I mean, buying steel should not be a thing, I can agree on that, but yet again this would be another topic. I for me, don't need buying stell, because you can earn it pretty easy. It is also not ment that you have ALL stuff for every character (at least in the early early state this game is). In half a year, I bet you don't know where to put you steel at anyways!

The cosmetics should NOT cost less. This would bring down the uniqueness of bringing up your favorite character. If everyone runs around with the same stuff, it's nothing special at all.

Rikuto01.tv
03-17-2017, 10:20 AM

It's a big fat duck you from ubisoft! You get 40 steel for a dominion match, 20 for a duel. 5000 steel cost 5$!!!! I payed 50 for the Game, it's a FULLPRICED Game! And I have to grind for month to unlock everything for only one character. Just do the math and you will recognise how big of a rip off this microtransactions are.

I find it entertaining that of all the things to be upset by, its the unnecessary cosmetic crap you can attain for free that triggers you.

DerHerbman
03-17-2017, 11:08 AM
I find it entertaining that of all the things to be upset by, its the unnecessary cosmetic crap you can attain for free that triggers you.

Don't get me wrong! It's the amount of things that aren't right that triggers me! Up tp this point I was always defending the game. Many of my friends have already quitted, some of them payed 100$ for the game and are really pissed, which I totally can understand.
But till now I was always pro FH and said: just wait, they will fix it. But they don't fix it, they make it worse and on top of it we now see where they are going with this so called "Free DLC" LOL! It's not! It cost time (And it costs allot of time) ore money. 5€ for 5000 steel! So lets see, one emote is 7,50€ (you can buy 5 now) one execution is what 5000? So it's 5€ you can buy 2 when I'm right. One outfit 7000 one 15000. You need 2000 steel for one item gear to level up to max x 6 so it's 12000.
I'll round up here:
4 emotes 20000
2 executions 10000
2 outfits 22000
gear 12000
one helmet 3000
67.000 divide it with 5000 (5€)
or with 7000 (someone mentioned you can make 7000 in a week)

67 € for one character to max out and there even is stuff to buy! Or 9 weeks of grinding.
The numbers may be not 100% correct! But you get what I mean.

And we talk about a game we already payed 50-100€ for!

Mia.Nora
03-17-2017, 11:16 AM
First of all in my opinion they should NOT give anything for free as compensation. I dont care about compensations for stuff not working, I want them getting fixed start to work as it should have been from day 1.

Now about prices of cosmetics; they are on par with Free-to-Play game cosmetic sales like League of Legends in terms of price. Difference is;

1. LoL is F2P, but for this game we paid $60

2. LoL works like a charm, short queue, no technical problems, no special care just install >login>play; where as our AAA full price game barely and seldom works if you can call it that.

So those cosmetics with those prices in full AAA priced non-working game, are NOT OK

UCFierce
03-17-2017, 11:19 AM
I'm sure that UbiSoft has studied Activision's business model with regards to microtransactions. According to reports it generated a Billion dollars of additional revenue OVER the price of the original game profits. That's hard for a business to ignore. Doesn't matter that purchasing supply drops has virtually killed the Call of Duty franchise and that EVERYTHING has now become a money grab. These business practices are here to stay whether we the players approve of them or not.

chiller2k3
03-17-2017, 11:21 AM
Don't get me wrong! It's the amount of things that aren't right that triggers me! Up tp this point I was always defending the game. Many of my friends have already quitted, some of them payed 100$ for the game and are really pissed, which I totally can understand.
But till now I was always pro FH and said: just wait, they will fix it. But they don't fix it, they make it worse and on top of it we now see where they are going with this so called "Free DLC" LOL! It's not! It cost time (And it costs allot of time) ore money. 5€ for 5000 steel! So lets see, one emote is 7,50€ (you can buy 5 now) one execution is what 5000? So it's 5€ you can buy 2 when I'm right. One outfit 7000 one 15000. You need 2000 steel for one item gear to level up to max x 6 so it's 12000.
I'll round up here:
4 emotes 20000
2 executions 10000
2 outfits 22000
gear 12000
one helmet 3000

67 € for one character to max out and there even is stuff to buy! Or 9 weeks of grinding.

You really need that? Like need.. like need food.. you cannot play the game without this stuff? You need it that hard that you calculate how much money you have to invest so you can finally play the game? Finally have fun?
Really dude… Just play the game! DO IT! DOOO IT! Don’t care about these aesthetic stuff so much, it sounds like you are kinda obsessed for having that stuff.
Have you ever achieved something in life and was proud of that you achieved that? Getting this stuff for free would bring down the value so mutch, that it would not even worth having it..

But, whatever floats your boat.. if you are happy with how you think about it.. then go on and stress yourself..

Cheers

chiller2k3
03-17-2017, 11:28 AM
First of all in my opinion they should NOT give anything for free as compensation. I dont care about compensations for stuff not working, I want them getting fixed start to work as it should have been from day 1.

Now about prices of cosmetics; they are on par with Free-to-Play game cosmetic sales like League of Legends in terms of price. Difference is;

1. LoL is F2P, but for this game we paid $60

2. LoL works like a charm, short queue, no technical problems, no special care just install >login>play; where as our AAA full price game barely and seldom works if you can call it that.

So those cosmetics with those prices in full AAA priced non-working game, are NOT OK

1. you cannot get the cosmetic stuff (skins) for free with some houres of playtime

2. LoL is out since 8 years! 8! 4Honor is out for 1 Month!! 1 MONTH!

How can you even campare these 2 games?!??

You talk about LoL beeing free for those stuff??!? Really, my LoL account in the end was worth about 200 Euros.. My SMITE account was worth about 300 Euros.. Tell me something about F2P games give you stuff for free (well, Paragon gives out a lot of free stuff ;))!

DrExtrem
03-17-2017, 11:33 AM
I don't mind spending ingame currency on things I use regularly - like executions for my main hero.

I don't buy steel packs. But the emotes are overpriced, not used during matches and boring.

Jobsalot
03-17-2017, 11:42 AM
I'll round up here:
4 emotes 20000
2 executions 10000
2 outfits 22000
gear 12000
one helmet 3000

You purchased a multiplayer game. God forbid you don't get cosmetics for free, it costs time! What did you expect? Playing a game does indeed cost time.

The purpose isn't to sit your *** down and grind for cosmetics, it is to play, get familiar with your character, improve with it, master it by trying different game modes. You earn exp, steel and items along the way and then you have to make a smart decision about what you want to buy with the steel you earned. If you don't have enough steel, play some more (or "grind" if you wanna call it that) or take real money and use the easy route.

The game's purpose here is that you get all these badass visual gimmicks from the start, they are there as rewards that correspond with you progress and skill in the game. Not for noobs who take everything for granted and can flash the most badass executions and feel great about themselves. That's the equivalent of a spoiled brat bragging with his daddy's sports care. You get it when you deserve it. Or you throw money at the game and unlock it that way, which is essentially a disgusting and cheap way almost as bad as bribing for it but hey, there are always people who are of that nature too, right?

Not to mention your list... ungh. If I were more invested I would make you one with all the free steel you get right off the bat just for completeing the training modes and the story modes on all difficulties not to mention the already discusses and explained methods of daily/weekly steel earning by fulfilling the rather easy asignments.

Again, if that is too much of a burden, you have simply purchased the wrong game. And trying to inflate this non-issue into a problem is just scummy beyond hell. There are far greater problems that plague the community and this forum doesn't need another pointless thread filled with nothing but hot thin air.

escacleo
03-17-2017, 12:03 PM
If you have a job. Bills paid. Food on our table and extra money in the bank. Wasting money on a game is better than wasting it on drugs. besides 60$...the cost of the game. Didn't even notice when I bought 2 copies. I don't need to spend money in a game but after you completely finish a character the grind for 2, 3,4 characters can get excessive and you just want to play on the same level as your main. So you spend a little money to get some enjoyment. The fact that gaming companies capitalize on this fact means that there are enough people that are willing to skip through. I'm Rep 6 on my Kensei with a gear score of 100 and I spend my first 15k steel that I farmed on the mythical outfit cause I thought it looked cool rather than gear to get to 108 right away because I knew by rep 7-8 I'd be maxed out anyways. I could see spending money if by rep 30 you still were not capped by by rep 7-8...eh. If people want to skip the grind and get right to it that's their right they earned their money and can spend it how they like.

I'm for micro transactions as long it's not pay to keep playing or pay to advance.

DerHerbman
03-17-2017, 12:10 PM
It's quite interesting how hard some people try to defend Ubisoft while at the same time insulting me in person. That's the way you want to discuss? Didn't you parents teach you how to behave?
No wonder you get ripped of by the companies if you like to swallow and defend everything they throw at you. But guess what, these kind of practice result in a fast dying games as you already can see and you will be left with no one to play. I also wonder how anyone can be ok with the fact that they focus on selling Items instead of fixing the huge problems of the game first.

If I didn't care about FH I wouldn't waste my time rising my voice.

Blasto95
03-17-2017, 12:20 PM
Im not defending For Honor or Ubisoft, but its kinds of ridiculous and childish what you guys expect and demand from this company. Ubisoft has made their errors and this game is far from perfect. BUT THEY OWE YOU NOTHING. Get over it. Go waste your money and bring it to court if you feel that wronged. If not then go play something else and get on with your lives.

People complaining about being able to buy steel and things taking longer than a day to achieve? If everything was just handed to everyone or they made it so easy to obtain, people would not have as much drive to get those things. If you want something work for it. If not, then go back to Hello Kitty Island Adventures.

Ontari
03-17-2017, 12:44 PM
DerHerbman, you are right.

I have an impression, that majority of those who don't see any problem with ripping our pockets are just kids, who were bought the game by their parents. Because if they really did buy the game for their own money, they would want to appreciate it fully.

I live in Poland, and here this game was hellishly expensive. It was almost 1/6 of my monthly income.

And what did I get in return? Kicking out of 70% of dominion matches, inability to play with my friend in a group (as we are usually both kicked out), lags, more waiting than playing (I have 80 hours in game, 41 of actual playing, its ridiculous).

And such practices, to make us buy the packets of steel because of INSANE price of most cosmetics are outrageous. I BOUGHT THE GAME FOR MORE MONEY THAN EVERYTHING ELSE. YET I HAVE TO GRIND MY LIFE OUT IF I WOULD WANT TO BUY MYSELF SOMETHING IN THIS GOLDEN PRICED GAME. W T F ? !

P.S. Blasto95. Are you insane? They owe me nothing?! Do you have any idea what exchange for money is based on?

Blasto95
03-17-2017, 01:01 PM
Yes they owe you nothing. As ive said, if you feel wronged, go ahead and take legal action. See how far it gets you. You bought For Honor, they gave you For Honor. They probably couldve sold you the game and shut down the servers the next day and still owe you nothing.

Mia.Nora
03-17-2017, 01:02 PM
Im not defending For Honor or Ubisoft, but its kinds of ridiculous and childish what you guys expect and demand from this company. Ubisoft has made their errors and this game is far from perfect. BUT THEY OWE YOU NOTHING. Get over it. Go waste your money and bring it to court if you feel that wronged. If not then go play something else and get on with your lives.

People complaining about being able to buy steel and things taking longer than a day to achieve? If everything was just handed to everyone or they made it so easy to obtain, people would not have as much drive to get those things. If you want something work for it. If not, then go back to Hello Kitty Island Adventures.

I have a reply to bolded part. I do not think those emotes should be given out for free unlike OP. However you are damn wrong on the statement that "they dont owe me anything", because they owe me a fully working multiplayer game that I paid for. It is simple business rules, I pay money as customer, and they deliver the promised product in return.

Kids these days have no idea what business means.

Blasto95
03-17-2017, 01:05 PM
So you feel they owe you something. You feel they didnt deliver their promise in a game they advertised. Go, take legal action, dont argue with me if you think youre right. I mean if you win, congrats! But as far as I know there is no satisfaction guarantee especially after the games been out for a month. Just because the servers arent stable and they have high prices for cosmetics, does not mean they did not deliver a game they promised.

Yarzahn
03-17-2017, 01:05 PM
They can cost 1000000 steel for all I care.
I paid full price for the game, I'm not buying steel in a system that is so blatantly designed for me to do so.
For me cosmetics are like the golden guns in overwatch. I will play and steel will trickle in slowly. After some time I might get one. It's fine. I prioritize executions over emotes though. Emotes feel smug and annoying and I refuse to stoop down to spamming emotes over corpses like a ****ing pig-boy.

Overpriced real-money currency has no place in a premium game. If Ubisoft wants to ruin what little credibility they have left by enforcing the shadiest F2P business model on a premium cost game, that's their choice.
The only reason this system exist is that a bunch addicts support it.

Fun part is, if they weren't so tunnel vision greedy, I assume they'd make more money in the long run
Look at Overwatch. You pay for the full game. PERIOD. You get all upcoming characters for free. The ingame "currency" for cosmetics are loot boxes, which you get for free, frequently. There is no bulls**t "champion status" money grab scheme.
It's actually a pleasure for me to support that game, i've spent around 100€ in lootboxes since release.
Oh and multiplayer actually works. They support it, you see. They're actually crazy enough to release a MULTIPLAYER GAME with MULTYPLAYER support. Luxury stuff like dedicated servers, a match making system, a ranked system and several game modes that actually have some thought put in them. Not that crude primary stuff we get here.

There are more real problems with the game, than emotes costing 7k steel. Like the fact that multiplayer is completely unstable and there's no proper match making (because, again, it makes sense to release a multiplayer game without servers, RIGHT?)
Also the fact that there was 0 thought put into faction war system, I mean it's like it was designed by some random dude on the back of a napkin during the lunchbreak.
Feats and equipment statsalso have terrible, unimaginate design. Some classes have nothing but bad feats.
Look at warden. His Renown is boosted by being outnumbered. But half his feats are about boosting team mates. Which is it? Being outnumbered or run in a gank fest? Is there even a vision to what the hero role is?
I mean if they wanted progression they could have done wonders with actual talent systems tailored for each hero and just drop the whole gear-score stuff (which is pointless, as the stats are so unbalanced everyone goes for the same ones, damage, defense, vengeance boosts, it doesnt add diversity, it adds a new unfun progression wall).

It's so sad seeing such an awesome gameplay innovation is a game so poorly executed and so incomplete. I really wish a competent company had got their hands on this combat system first. I kind of wish Blizzard will work on this as their next project, they actually know how to develop and support multiplayer platforms for a competitive game and they aren't this unscrupulously greedy. This game in its current state wouldn't be out of alpha in blizzard's hands. Other companies wonder why Blizzard swims in money and seems to fart out nothing but successful games? They are smart, they design systems properly, they don't ignore problems. And more importantly, they fix they when they are broken. Look at how they messed up with Diablo 3 and what lengths they went to to fix it. It's a COMPLETELY different game.

NiteShadeCG
03-17-2017, 01:09 PM
I've bought 2 $49.99 steel packs sofar. #NoRegrets.

Yarzahn
03-17-2017, 01:19 PM
I've bought 2 $49.99 steel packs sofar. #NoRegrets.

How about the regret that you bought 2 x 50 packs instead of one 100 pack?

NiteShadeCG
03-17-2017, 01:28 PM
How about the regret that you bought 2 x 50€ packs instead of one 100 € pack?

Still no regrets because i did not have 100 bucks at the time :D

Gray360UK
03-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Why do the people who are so so desperate for this superficial fluff, who value it so highly and talk about it as if it's the most important aspect of the game that 'we payed loads of money for already, raar!', then place no value on said items in terms of what they cost in Steel or in how long it take to earn that steel to get these amazing, life changing, must have, cannot live without items?

They are unique items, they are prestige items, they are entirely designed to show the time and effort you put in to acquire them. If you value them highly but want them cheaply, you are just a lazy 'gimme gimme, I want, I want' cry baby with an enormous sense of entitlement and an equally massive lack of backbone. Do the goddam work if you want the thing so badly.

I'm currently sitting on 12,000 Steel and don't even know what to spend it on. The game has been out 4 weeks. I was once sitting on 20,000 Steel and didn't know what to spend that on either. I repeat, the game has been out just 4 weeks. I love dishonest posts like one of those above that points out how much Steel you get from games, but leaves out the far superior amounts you get from Orders and Contracts. If you have to be dishonest to make your point, you're just a whining baby. Man up and go earn some steel.

Not to mention, if everyone, and I mean everyone, had these things, if you all did your black smoke emotes at each other, while all wearing a Dragon Ornament on your head while all using the same execution, because they were so easy to get in 4 weeks, what the hell would be the point in that? Would make the whole concept redundant.

This is gamers in 2017? Half of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

DerHerbman
03-17-2017, 02:37 PM
Not to mention, if everyone, and I mean everyone, had these things, if you all did your black smoke emotes at each other, while all wearing a Dragon Ornament on your head while all using the same execution, because they were so easy to get in 4 weeks, what the hell would be the point in that? Would make the whole concept redundant.

This is gamers in 2017? Half of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

You just don't get it don't you? It's impossible for a causal gamer that spend already 50-100€ on the game to unlock the full game.
Here someone who is able to do math did it:

"Ubisoft has valued their in-game unlocks within the base game at a $732
[...]
players who play 1-2 hours 5-7 days a week will never reach this goal. Completing Orders/half-Contracts will get you roughly 1000 Steel, another roughly 200 for the matches you played. So 1200 a day is a good estimated gain for casual players.

That's 915 days. Roughly 2.51 years."
source (https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5zuqis/logical_look_at_steel/)

Gray360UK
03-17-2017, 02:46 PM
You just don't get it don't you?

Haha, considering everything I just said went straight over your head that's delightful.

But no, by all means, continue to explain how ultra important it is to have every single bit of superficial fluff in the game and how very sad it makes you that you cant ... :rolleyes:

XJadeDragoonX
03-17-2017, 02:48 PM
I get like 2000 steel a day. You get 600 just from doing 2 easy daily missions. It's really not that bad. When the new ornaments came out, I had no steel. I was able to afford it literally the next day. And I don't even get to play that much. Maybe 2 hours a day

Jobsalot
03-17-2017, 02:49 PM
You just don't get it don't you? It's impossible for a causal gamer that spend already 50-100€ on the game to unlock the full game.
Here someone who is able to do math did it:

"Ubisoft has valued their in-game unlocks within the base game at a $732
[...]
players who play 1-2 hours 5-7 days a week will never reach this goal. Completing Orders/half-Contracts will get you roughly 1000 Steel, another roughly 200 for the matches you played. So 1200 a day is a good estimated gain for casual players.

That's 915 days. Roughly 2.51 years."
source (https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5zuqis/logical_look_at_steel/)

Some people play online multiplayers for far longer than that and For Honor is still a young game with potential to expand on its gameplay.

But you answered your own issue by yourself already. The casual player will take a long time to do that, which is probably longer than they are willing and able to invest themselves in the game.

In which case - maybe realize that these things are simply not intended for casual players? Ever thought of that?

It's called a long-term motivation and those are never for casual players. And I dread the day when they become easily available to every fart who just wants to try out a new game every two or three weeks.

Pope138
03-17-2017, 02:53 PM

I would completely agree with you if this game had dedicated servers.
$60 price tag, season pass, and microtransactions. Some of that money needs to be put into the game and dedicated servers would solve most of this game's problems.

Munktor
03-17-2017, 02:57 PM

It's a big fat duck you from ubisoft! You get 40 steel for a dominion match, 20 for a duel. 5000 steel cost 5$!!!! I payed 50 € for the Game, it's a FULLPRICED Game! And I have to grind for month to unlock everything for only one character. Just do the math and you will recognise how big of a rip off this microtransactions are.

Well, you get like 5k steel just for doing the story.

Plus if you complete all your orders + the daily order, you can get another roughly 1k+ steel just playing the game.

Not sure why people think it's hard to get steel in this game without spending real money. You don't even have to "no-life" it like a lot of games require you to.

I think there's just a lot of whiny entitled children playing this game that feel everything should be free and immediate.

*EDIT*
I just read the post where the guy talks about 2.5 years to get everything...yea, ok, if your goal is to have EVERY SINGLE emote, ornament, & execution for every hero...yes, it will take a long time.

Lol, but DUHHHHHHHH should be the answer to that.

DerHerbman
03-17-2017, 02:58 PM
Haha, considering everything I just said went straight over your head that's delightful.

But no, by all means, continue to explain how ultra important it is to have every single bit of superficial fluff in the game and how very sad it makes you that you cant ... :rolleyes:

When I pay full price I expect contend that is worth it. I can't see contend in this game that is worth my 50€. I understand that you are totally ok with the system. Thats why they can get away with it. They released utter broken games with very little contend ridiculously overpriced and you like it, get it. Why do you think there are no D.Servers? Because they know they can get away with it!
When I spend my hard earned money I want to spend it on quality products I can enjoy. You ever asked yourself why every game now is broken and has mega micro transactions?

Jobsalot
03-17-2017, 03:02 PM
I would completely agree with you if this game had dedicated servers.
$60 price tag, season pass, and microtransactions. Some of that money needs to be put into the game and dedicated servers would solve most of this game's problems.

That is in and of itself a completely different issue. For Honor is still a huge construction site with many flaws. If they fix the most prevalent and heaviest issues, mainly the connection stuff, then more people will have a fluent game experience, can successfully begin and finish more games, earn their steel as is due and imo THEN they can put their attention on the secondary stuff.

But even before problems like the value of cosmetics needs to be inflated into an actual problem, balancing of characters and game modes should come next.

Stuff like ITT is actually really third-rate.

Jobsalot
03-17-2017, 03:09 PM
Let's see, we have twelve different characters all with completely different skill sets and playstyles. We have a lot of customization options to chose from - individual taste is not a matter of debate because it is by definition individual and can never completely match the entire userbase. But they are there. Not to mention you have several game modes to pick from. They still need fixing and working over, but that is not the issue right now. All of the stated is actual available content.

It is in my opinion a lot to work and play with, enough for months if not even years. I don't know if its your short attention span or your impossible standarts that make you always cry for more but this is plenty of stuff, even for a full price game. Maybe you are confusing this with a huge role play game experince like Wild Hunt or Skyrim or something where you just have a whole world to explore and there is new stuff around every corner?

Then sorry, but this game isn't for you in that case. Any mulitplayer is bound to get repetitive, that is in fact the whole point of it. That you grow accustomed to your skill set, your characters, your maps and start to improve.

I know that 50€ is a lot of money, even for those who have a job. But you cannot justify any and all user demands via a high price purchase.

Gray360UK
03-17-2017, 03:13 PM
When I spend my hard earned money I want to spend it on quality products I can enjoy. You ever asked yourself why every game now is broken and has mega micro transactions?

Because people like you equate quality in game content with superficial fluff like emotes and wings for your helmet. I am not the one crying that I cannot have all of these things in my game, you are. You are the market. You are the demand. You are driving the trend towards micro-transactions. You are the problem.

Ontari
03-17-2017, 03:23 PM
I just value my money. And I don't aggree on microtransactions in a full priced game. Earn something in your life Gray360UK and then go back talking business.

Munktor
03-17-2017, 03:27 PM
I just value my money. And I don't aggree on microtransactions in a full priced game. Earn something in your life Gray360UK and then go back talking business.

Why are you trying to get personal?

You have no idea what Gray's life is like, or what he has done in it. There's literally NO REASON to get personal with this discussion.

This game doesn't require microtransactions in ANY WAY. It's just there for the people that value their time more than money.

f you value your money more than time, play to get the items.
If you value your time more than your money, buy the items.

Simple as that.

DerHerbman
03-17-2017, 03:31 PM
Let's see, we have twelve different characters [..]

Would totally agree, if the game wasn't broken in so many ways. I think I wouldn't complain as much if the game was working. Trying to sell us this stuff for a product that is not functional feels like a rip of. I like spending my money and I also like to spend it on useless stuff like videogames or other things that may not be worth it, but when I feel ripped off I get angry.

Munktor
03-17-2017, 03:34 PM
Would totally agree, if the game wasn't broken in so many ways. I think I wouldn't complain as much if the game was working. Trying to sell us this stuff for a product that is not functional feels like a rip of. I like spending my money and I also like to spend it on useless stuff like videogames or other things that may not be worth it, but when I feel ripped off I get angry.

Last I checked, the game doesn't REQUIRE you, or FORCE you to spend any money.

How you can possibly feel "ripped off" is beyond me. It's almost like you don't understand how the words and phrases you are using are intended to be used.

DerHerbman
03-17-2017, 03:36 PM
Why are you trying to get personal?

You have no idea what Gray's life is like, or what he has done in it. There's literally NO REASON to get personal with this discussion.

This game doesn't require microtransactions in ANY WAY. It's just there for the people that value their time more than money.

f you value your money more than time, play to get the items.
If you value your time more than your money, buy the items.

Simple as that.

Lol, dude this Gray Guy is getting personal all the time with his low education and now when someone is doing the same you jump in? Funny stuff! But tbh the discussion here are not worth it. To much insult and personal flame!

CU on the battlefield.

Arvanite
03-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Ubisoft you really need to lower these prices down - I don't feel the value is there and worth the grind.

RayNoGG
03-17-2017, 03:45 PM
Emotes are way overpriced for what they are. A 3 seconds motion capture animation is it worth $6 bucks? or 7k steel equivalent time grinding?

the answer is obvious for smart people, and you should know that the outrageous price for cosmetics is nothing more than a money grab through microtrans.

Fuxk no, definitely not worth with the current connection quality.

I think that by lowering all the steel costs and have the art team department to deliver more variety as time to come would serve a healthier long-term relationship between the game and players.

smh for their shortsighted view of the game clouded by greed for money.

Pope138
03-17-2017, 03:47 PM

So because he doesn't mind MT's in a full price game you assume he's never earned something? What a judgemental jerk. It's very telling about you that you have to create some narrative you couldn't possibly know in order to dismiss an opinion different from yours.

Here's my story:
I've worked all my life. Started out in construction at age 16. Now, at 38 I'm an office administrator for an ad agency in Chicago working my *** off. Guess what? I don't mind microtransactions in full price games. In 1994 I paid $55 for Donkey Kong Country. 23 years later I'm buying much more complicated games that provide a much greater scope of entertainment and have much higher production costs than games from the 90's. And I'm only paying $5 more. So yeah, as an adult that understand what it means to earn what I have I'm also mature enough to understand that it's only right to pay people for goods or services. And many games offer a way to VOLUNTARILY put more money in a dev's pocket for work that exceeds a two decade+ old price point.

Paywalls and pay to win are no good. But cosmetic microtransactions that in no way affect the game are a harmless way to supplement the salary of people who work to make products with price tags that have remained the same for over two decades.

That being said, this game has a full price tag, season pass, and micrtransactions. It's only right some of that money goes back into the game (dedicated servers).

Munktor
03-17-2017, 03:51 PM
Lol, dude this Gray Guy is getting personal all the time with his low education and now when someone is doing the same you jump in? Funny stuff! But tbh the discussion here are not worth it. To much insult and personal flame!

CU on the battlefield.

I must've missed the posts in which he was using personal attacks to make his point. I would say the same, no need for it and it proves nothing.

Munktor
03-17-2017, 03:55 PM
Emotes are way overpriced for what they are. A 3 seconds motion capture animation is it worth $6 bucks? or 7k steel equivalent time grinding?

the answer is obvious for smart people, and you should know that the outrageous price for cosmetics is nothing more than a money grab through microtrans.

Average price for a burger and fries at a sit-down restaurant is roughly $8-10's in most areas in the US.

That isn't even a very NICE place either, just a regular place, like an Applebees, Chilis, Fridays, what have you.

You do recognize the components themselves are not even CLOSE to that cost right?

In business, goods are not sold for their component costs alone. It's the services alongside the component. With videogames, it's important to also consider future development and maintenance costs alongside the price for said cosmetic/emote.

I don't think it's fair to say, "a smart person recognizes this" , because most people I know that deal with business decisions on a daily basis would disagree with your direct cost comparison.

Gray360UK
03-17-2017, 03:56 PM

CU on the battlefield.

LOL
He says getting personal about education. :rolleyes:
If I wanted to be personal I would point out your butchery of the English language or something like that, not stay on topic about emotes and how highly you value them. You really do talk backwards all the time, and by that I mean, everything you accuse others of is what you do, from valuing emotes and ornaments highly above content, maps, characters, modes, campaigns, stability (you know, REAL content) to being personal.

Pope138
03-17-2017, 03:57 PM

Here's the thing though: You know what you are getting with these emotes before you purchase them--and no one is forcing you to purchase them. So if you buy it and feel ripped off it's your fault.
You see, I also think that's more money than I would want to spend on an emote, but because I feel that way I'll never actually spend money on it, meaning, I'll never feel ripped off.

Can't believe this needs to be explained.

Gray360UK
03-17-2017, 04:02 PM

So you know what you do? You don't buy them. There is your message to the companies that put microtransactions in games.
You know how much Steel I've had so far, probably around 50,000.
Max at one time was 20,000.
You know how many Ornaments, Emotes, Executions and Effects I have bought?
Zero
NONE
There is my message.
I'm not the one posting that I want them all / working out how many years of my life it will take to earn every single one ... and you think I have the wrong life priorities?
Haha, good one! :rolleyes:

Ontari
03-17-2017, 04:02 PM
Being ripped off is seen in the stability of this game. In connection issues. Matchmaking. Waiting more than playing.

Beta was far more stable, and the final product isn't even near Alpha, Closed or Open Beta.

So, we can't feel ripped off and it's our fault? Pretty interesting observation.

Gray360UK
03-17-2017, 04:06 PM
Being ripped off is seen in the stability of this game. In connection issues. Matchmaking. Waiting more than playing.

Beta was far more stable, and the final product isn't even near Alpha, Closed or Open Beta.

So, we can't feel ripped off and it's our fault? Pretty interesting observation.

Total subject change.

RayNoGG
03-17-2017, 04:29 PM
Average price for a burger and fries at a sit-down restaurant is roughly $8-10's in most areas in the US.

That isn't even a very NICE place either, just a regular place, like an Applebees, Chilis, Fridays, what have you.

I don't even know why or what you are trying to deliver.

You do recognize the components themselves are not even CLOSE to that cost right?

In business, goods are not sold for their component costs alone. It's the services alongside the component. With videogames, it's important to also consider future development and maintenance costs alongside the price for said cosmetic/emote.

I don't think it's fair to say, "a smart person recognizes this" , because most people I know that deal with business decisions on a daily basis would disagree with your direct cost comparison.

And how would you know the costs? Also talking about maintenance, I don't think we are even on the same page. There are tons discussion with their connection issues.

When I say smart people I mean the actual people who play the game and value their time differently based on their experience of the game, you can bring your business buddies to cofffee or something, but they dont have anything to do with the disccusion; emotes worth for their price or not.

Munktor
03-17-2017, 04:33 PM
I don't even know why or what you are trying to deliver.

And how would you know the costs? Also talking about maintenance, I don't think we are even on the same page. There are tons discussion with their connection issues.

When I say smart people I mean the actual people who play the game and value their time differently based on their experience of the game, you can bring your business buddies to cofffee or something, but they dont have anything to do with the disccusion; emotes worth for their price or not.

It's odd to me you stated you don't understand why I would use said analogy and then begin to discuss the analogy...

The point is subjective value from consumer to consumer will always differ, but things are NEVER sold at what they cost. They're sold at a price they believe the market will pay while covering costs and turning a profit.

That's my point. You can't say "X emote isn't worth $6". What you can say is, "i'm not willing to pay $6".

That's how consumerism and business works. Not actual value against price. In fact, I can't think of a single thing that is ever sold with the intent of actual value vs cost. Even commodities traded in the open market are influenced by supply and demand, and not direct cost for manufacture/production.

Prophit618
03-17-2017, 05:08 PM
There seem to be several different arguments going on here.

1) The game is broken, and they shouldn't be selling us cosmetics while the game is broken. I can understand this argument but considering that the team that would be designing and implementing cosmetics is not the team that would be fixing the game, I'm not really sure how it's relevant.

2) The price for comsetics is too much if I don't spend money on the game and I don't want to spend money on the game. Well congratulations, that is the point of prestige level cosmetics. You aren't meant to be able to get it easily unless you spend money, and there's nothing wrong with that. And even so, I find it hard to agree with them being overpriced. You earn 6600 steel in a week just from completing all your orders, and that is from the orders alone, not counting the steel you get from playing the matches you have to play to get that steel. In reality you're making more like 8000 a week from just doing orders and their accompanying matches.

3) A game like this shouldn't even have microtransactions. This has nothing to do with the cost of the cosmetics. If the game did not have microtransactions, chances are the cosmetics would be more expensive, not less, as they have no reason to put them in range of impulse-buying levels of steel pack costs. They could price them as REAL prestige items that you'd actually have to work for a long time to get. Fact of the matter is, FtP or not, microtransactions in your game are the norm. What you should be happy about is that at least the microtransactions only give cosmetics away without having to play at all. If you're going to accept that microtransactions are going to be present (which you had better if you don't want to poison all your gaming experiences), be happy they're doing them right. And if you really don't support micros in a full price game, don't buy them. Make your voice heard by not spending money.

Ontari
03-17-2017, 05:20 PM
there seem to be several different arguments going on here.

1) the game is broken, and they shouldn't be selling us cosmetics while the game is broken. I can understand this argument but considering that the team that would be designing and implementing cosmetics is not the team that would be fixing the game, i'm not really sure how it's relevant.

2) the price for comsetics is too much if i don't spend money on the game and i don't want to spend money on the game. Well congratulations, that is the point of prestige level cosmetics. You aren't meant to be able to get it easily unless you spend money, and there's nothing wrong with that. And even so, i find it hard to agree with them being overpriced. You earn 6600 steel in a week just from completing all your orders, and that is from the orders alone, not counting the steel you get from playing the matches you have to play to get that steel. In reality you're making more like 8000 a week from just doing orders and their accompanying matches.

3) a game like this shouldn't even have microtransactions. This has nothing to do with the cost of the cosmetics. If the game did not have microtransactions, chances are the cosmetics would be more expensive, not less, as they have no reason to put them in range of impulse-buying levels of steel pack costs. They could price them as real prestige items that you'd actually have to work for a long time to get. Fact of the matter is, ftp or not, microtransactions in your game are the norm. What you should be happy about is that at least the microtransactions only give cosmetics away without having to play at all. If you're going to accept that microtransactions are going to be present (which you had better if you don't want to poison all your gaming experiences), be happy they're doing them right. And if you really don't support micros in a full price game, don't buy them. Make your voice heard by not spending money.

explained

psyminion
03-17-2017, 05:30 PM
people complaining about non-gameplay-enhancing COSMETIC ITEM PRICES? how about GTA Online that charges you the equivalent of $100USD for a virtual yacht?

ffs

I'm personally looking forward to my first 50000Steel purchase for executions and the pit viper samurai outfit.

microtransactions are the market place norm today, and I blame candy crush and farmville, not Ubisoft.

some peoples kids man.

Ontari
03-17-2017, 05:33 PM
Actually people like you psyminion are the cause for such state of affairs.

Acceptance of the decay won't ressurect the body. It will only make it more stinky, as you just accept it and move on.

Pope138
03-17-2017, 05:34 PM
people complaining about non-gameplay-enhancing COSMETIC ITEM PRICES? how about GTA Online that charges you the equivalent of $100USD for a virtual yacht?

ffs

I'm personally looking forward to my first 50000Steel purchase for executions and the pit viper samurai outfit.

microtransactions are the market place norm today, and I blame candy crush and farmville, not Ubisoft.

some peoples kids man.

I think it's because gamers (fickle bunch of crybabies we are) refuse to pay more than $60 for a game, so as games have become more expensive to produce, devs/pubs have to supplement profits somehow. Voluntary cosmetic microtransactions seems like a great way of doing this imo. Sure beats paywalls, pay2win, and community segregating paid dlc.

PKUSUB
03-17-2017, 05:42 PM
How's is this a real complaint? The emote is not mandatory, and steel can easily be farmed. Come on man, this is ******ed.

psyminion
03-17-2017, 05:59 PM
Actually people like you psyminion are the cause for such state of affairs.

Acceptance of the decay won't ressurect the body. It will only make it more stinky, as you just accept it and move on.

as someone who has NEVER purchased ANY seasons passes or in game currency ever before considering to buy steel in For Honor, I respectfully disagree with you and maintain that Facebook gamers ****ed game companies market expectations.

also, decay is inevitable.

I'm just along for the ride.

Mr.Gazoonie
03-17-2017, 07:29 PM
Basically micro-transactions are for the casual gamer but are used by everyone.

You can earn everything IG. Earn every emote, execution etc etc all you have to do is log in the hours of play. Ubi is rewarding you for PLAYING thier game.

You dont have to play to get these things though, you can BUY them instead. Whatsa your time worth to you. Say you are like me, HVAC guy where from sept-january i work 12-16hr days. I cant afford 2-4 hrs nightly to play. SO i have the OPTION to buy the fluffy stuff. However, someone who is NOT working can log in the hours and get the same stuff.
You arent required to pay for fluff out of your own pocket but if you dont want to wait untill you have logged in enough gameplay hours, you can. I see NO problem with this scenario.
Where this becomes bad is having a distinct advantage over the playerbase via micro-transaction ie, uber-weapon can be bought for 25$ or 25000 steel. You are giving an advantage to people who can afford it. COD supply drops are similar in you can earn them.. true.. but you can buy them as well.. and they have random items which some of them are, to be honest, FTW guns that give HUGE advantages. So people who can afford to buy alot of drops will have a definite IG advantage over someone who cannot.

So far i have not seen this in ForHonor, its all cosmetic stuff, although there could be an arguement made for some unlockable executions that are "faster" thus allowing a player to gain a slight advantage during multiplayer scenarios where you do not want your opponents to be able to revive, by having a smaller timeframe to do your execution, your opponent then has a smaller timefram by which to interupt said execution. Thats it basiclly and the advantage, although present, is a very small one.

Alchemist..
03-17-2017, 07:31 PM
Prices are bit to high its true for simple emote. But bigger problem is that so many players have problem with connection and gring so many steel to full customize 1 character take ages if u are dropped from 5/10 games. Other thing is cosmetics comming always weekly on time but game fixes? "We dont have ETA yet" so peoples are mad bc only way for them to customize is buy steel for real money and that all hype on cosmetic stuff in weekly ubi stream showing this is just jump on our wallets not making fully working game for players

SaphironX
03-19-2017, 11:00 AM
I agree. The amount of steel paid to players versus the amount required to buy literally anything is offensive. It's as bad as a free to play mobile game, except I paid $79.99 Canadian to buy it already. I would never buy steel, but the pricing there is hilarious too. 65000 steel costs nearly the amount the entire game does, and the 150000 steel is a whopping $130.00, lol.

I'd chuckle at that, if the game wasn't trying to gauge my wallet and force me to buy if I ever want max out more than one or two characters.

I have two other friends who play this, both have gotten frustrated by the price of everything, I play this a lot but if the people I know stop it will mean playing less. Progression should be time consuming, but also fun and fair. This isn't plants versus zombies 2, it's a full price release.

SangLong524
03-19-2017, 12:46 PM
So i am back to this nonsensical whining thread just to drop a few words after reading a few reasonal people here. This is just like the other one OP posted. I treated them as one.
Look, these emotes are just reward/enticement. U need to work for a reward but They have absolutely no impact on the game except looking good. They are expensive and steel packs are just conveniently put there to entice the impulsive. BASIC marketing strategy for impulse purchasing. Perfectly legal. Why do u think they put some stuffs close to cashiers? But Surprise! The earth is filled with a lot of impulsive stupids, otherwise we would be a lot better now.
The game doesnt stop working if u dont buy the emotes or steel packs. It works "fine", athough i use the word loosely since I got so many disconnections these days. So that is your 60 dollars. Noone makes u pay more. Emotes and ornaments are in no way blocked by a pay wall. U can unlock them with time, otherwise money if time isn't an option. U are in no way entitled to all and any future additions to the game, unless u buy the deluxe edition but really, u cant treat it so litterally. What do u think the game devs are? Your purchased slaves that u bought with 60 dollars to make new stuffs for u forever? B****es!
Crybabies dont seem understand the word "OPTIONAL" or "CHOICES". Selective illiteracy can't be argued with. So I suggest adult people let Ubi deal with these children. These aren't ours.
Bye!

sykout25
03-19-2017, 03:23 PM
gamer attitude has changed? it's more like corporate greed is reaching next level in gaming. I'm not casual and I don't have a problem to "earn" my stuff, but I just don't want to feel like a cow at a milking stanchion. the fact that others just buy the stuff you work for renders your achievement non-existent. there is nothing in the game that ISN't handed out on a silver platter because your steel income is not related to your performance.

Sorry to tell ya, but...people are cows at milking stations. From mortgages, taxes, purchases...that's all we are to corporations. Slavery exists, it's just not as transparent.

RatedChaotic
03-19-2017, 03:46 PM
I dont even use those stupid emotes. 7k for them lmao. They will be the last things I'd ever purchase.

BringerofAzrael
03-19-2017, 03:52 PM
http://www.pcgamer.com/for-honor-players-did-the-math-on-its-microtransactions-and-arent-happy-about-it/