PDA

View Full Version : Why is the there virtually no time to get out of the way of the catapult??

Aidion72
03-17-2017, 06:35 AM
Seriously its easy to dodge almost everything that can be called down on someone, except the catapult just boom you can kill and entire team and no one sees it coming, even during the campaign it has a start up time so why not in multiplayer if its so damn powerful

SangLong524
03-17-2017, 07:38 AM
Mind your surroundings, tactics, keep your ears open and hands ready of course. If your entire teams gang up on someone while his teammates are nowhere to be seen, it's good riddance that u get hit with catapult. Besides, it's not easy to land a hit. Try aiming the catapult and see for yourself.

zide-
03-17-2017, 08:59 AM
Mind your surroundings, tactics, keep your ears open and hands ready of course. If your entire teams gang up on someone while his teammates are nowhere to be seen, it's good riddance that u get hit with catapult. Besides, it's not easy to land a hit. Try aiming the catapult and see for yourself.
"Tactics" and "minding surroundings" have nothing to do with how ridiculously fast the catapult lands. Also your claim that it ain't easy to land a hit with it is just wrong.

SangLong524
03-17-2017, 09:04 AM
No u are just not good enough. There is no reason to dumb down a feat that has a atrocious cooldown and short radius.
But, fyi, if u are in the middle of it, say your prayer. Otherwise, roll away, a single roll will do. Although it is a bit dicey, u may roll right in to the middle.

Veerdin-Wraith
03-17-2017, 09:07 AM
If they nerf the catapult, then they also need to nerf the Samurai arrow barrage, same issue - massively high damage with barely any time to get out the way.

Specialkha
03-17-2017, 09:31 AM
The catapult is one of the best feat out there. The arrow rain is a joke in comparison.

If the catapult lands on top of you, you are screwed, even with a roll, depending on lag, you can be killed by it.

There should be a longer time before it lands, so ppl can react to it.

Aidion72
03-17-2017, 09:45 AM
No u are just not good enough. There is no reason to dumb down a feat that has a atrocious cooldown and short radius.
But, fyi, if u are in the middle of it, say your prayer. Otherwise, roll away, a single roll will do. Although it is a bit dicey, u may roll right in to the middle.

I mean you're basically just a liar it has nothing to do with not being good enough, its easy to aim has range and drops instantly on where you put it killing literally anyone in it while everything else can just be dodge rolled out of the way because they all have garbage start ups

Blasto95
03-17-2017, 01:11 PM
Catapult is not an instant kill if you are not in the center of the explosion. One roll away from the center and you live! If you are still not able to do that in time, then I have no idea how you are playing this game.

Iuslez_
03-17-2017, 03:54 PM
Catapult is not an instant kill if you are not in the center of the explosion. One roll away from the center and you live! If you are still not able to do that in time, then I have no idea how you are playing this game.
if someone throws it while you are in an action (even running in direction of its center) you cannot get out of it in time. My biggest complain with it is that it is always used at the end of the game, destroying that whole "kill the other team" time.

The catapult should be compared to the other factions feat, which are imo both weaker and easier to avoid.

Munktor
03-17-2017, 03:58 PM
I see people dodge it all the time, and I myself have no issue dodging it.

When you hear the "horn sound" start moving immediately. Wherever the person targeted the catapult has been determined and cannot be changed. Likely they're trying to HIT people, not guess where people will be, so just start moving immediately.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-17-2017, 05:02 PM
I would gladly trade catipolt for unblockale feat