PDA

View Full Version : what if dashes worked in a way similar to titan fall?

Oakleaf__Ranger
03-17-2017, 04:18 AM
I feel like having a system similar to theirs for dashing would do this game wonders. It would add more depth to combat while serving as another balancing tool that ubisoft can use.

secrecy274
03-17-2017, 11:12 AM
Right... don't just assume everyone knows what you're talking about.

DrExtrem
03-17-2017, 11:39 AM
It would be more fun and AI could no longer perma-dash and dodge.

Oakleaf__Ranger
03-17-2017, 11:33 PM
well google exists, its not a obscure game, and the mechanic they have is basically just a limited number of dashes that varies with each titan. Off the top of my head they could use this system to modify how fast the dashes regen and can also be potentially used to gate people from just dashing away while out of stamina, if that is something the community considers an issue. Which I personally do.

UbiJurassic
03-18-2017, 12:26 AM
That's an interesting idea, Oakleaf__Ranger! We've certainly heard the community asking for changes in the way dodges work and we're interested to hear everyone's thoughts on the subject. Thanks for the feedback!

Delectable_Sin
03-18-2017, 03:40 AM
That's an interesting idea, Oakleaf__Ranger! We've certainly heard the community asking for changes in the way dodges work and we're interested to hear everyone's thoughts on the subject. Thanks for the feedback!

Just remember, if you guys start nerfing defensive moves (like dodging) it will make attacking much more difficult. Example: if you attach a stamina cost to dodging, the first person to run out of stamina will auto lose, since they can't dodge away in order to regain stamina. This will create a situation where the shielded characters are even stronger than they are now, and it will create a far more severely defense based meta, than the one that already exists.

Also, you need to keep in mind that assassins (the characters that people complain about when it comes to dodging) aren't even that good at the highest tier of gameplay, where the big 4 (WL, Warden, Shoguki, and Conqueror) reign supreme.

A better way to address the defensive meta, and allow the lower tiers of players to deal with assassins, would be to give every character a slow, charge up attack that you can easily see coming, but it's unblockable and undodgable. This would force characters to counter attack with a light attack, to cancel the charge up attack, but if you allow the attacking character to cancel the unblockable attack, they can bait the overly defensive player out of their shell and engage in a real fight.

Moral: Buff attacking, don't nerf defense.

Oakleaf__Ranger
03-18-2017, 05:11 AM
The mechanic I'm asking for wouldn't be directly tied to stamina itself. Heroes would have a set number of dashes that replenish over time with the capacity very likely varying on all the heroes. The only way I see the mechanic being tied to stamina would be if someone attempts to use more dashes than currently available at a significant stamina cost and/or being somehow affected when out of stamina. Just me spit balling at that point for the last two ideas fyi.