PDA

View Full Version : A wired connection saved my For Honor experience

ArchDukeInstinct
03-17-2017, 02:19 AM
Throughout my time playing For Honor on the PS4 I had my fair share of the connection issues that are often a main complaint about this game. I would get disconnected roughly every 5 matches or so and after the first patch it became much worse, getting disconnected every 3 games or so. There was even a time that I could get 10 games in a row that I got disconnected from midway through. This is definitely a stark contrast from any other multiplayer game I've played using the same exact setup.

Then I decided to try directly connecting my PS4 to my router with an Ethernet cable and now my problems have almost entirely disappeared, so far I've only been disconnected once and while I still get the pause when someone leaves a game, it's nearly nonexistent relative to how often I used to get it.

So if you have the same issues and are using wifi, you definitely gotta try using a wired connection.

teksuo1
03-17-2017, 02:39 AM
back in the days when i was trying wifi ; the connection would drop if someone used the microwave right across the wall from the router. If i was lucky and nobody used the microwave.. i couldn't go 24 hours without having to reset the damn thing.
gave up on the dream real quick.

AcceptYourDeath
03-17-2017, 04:10 AM
One of the first things I did in my new apartment as a gamer was drilling a hole through the wall.

"Right - phone line is here in the living room, ethernet cable is going through this wall into my office room"

Don`t use wi-fi for gaming if you can avoid it.

The_B0G_
03-17-2017, 04:16 AM
I'm hardwired with 150 mb/s internet and I got DC'd 6 out of 6 games today.