PDA

View Full Version : Attacking should reward the attacker!! Im getting so damn tired of the defensive meta

corazondedelfin
03-17-2017, 01:53 AM
This game is going to die cause the tactic to win is looking to your enemy while drinking a cup of coffee while he does the exact same thing, sitting there till someone does a move. Thats not a fighting videogame. ATTACKING SHOULD REWARD THE PLAYER.

Ubisoft, this videogame is going to die because of that as one of the most important reasons. You made a real f*cked up fighting videogame, when the initial idea was good!!

- PEOPLE CAN JUST RUN AWAY FROM YOU ALL THE DAMN MAP...
- PEOPLE JUST WAITS EVERYONE TO ATTACK FIRST, BLOCK/PARRY AND GET THE REWARD...
- PEOPLE EXPLOITS ANY KIND OF DIRTY MOVES SUCH AS POISON, GRABBING OR VORTEX COMBOS AS: WARDEN SHOULDER VORTEX, CONQUEROR SHIELD VORTEX, LAWBRINGER PUSHING+STUNNING VORTEX...

Remove all the vortex ****ty combos, penalize runners somehow and mostly MAKE THE ATTACKS BE MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN JUST BLOCKING AND WAITING!!!

Right now the game is so fked up!! DEFENCE+RUNNING >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>+++++++>>>>>>>>>>>>>> offense

Fix your sh1t, Ubisoft. Or most of people left will leave this damn videogame. Seriously, FIX THIS VIDEOGAME.

PepsiBeastin
03-17-2017, 01:58 AM
The easiest way to do this I believe is to give bash attacks a drawback. Maybe like Demon's Embrace, if they miss, they can lose a huge chunk of stamina or some health? Also, a stamina drain on sprinting would solve your running problem.

Wateverdude
03-17-2017, 02:31 AM
Ok let me make this short

Warden vortex: noob abuser, in high level plays ppl rarely got hit by that more than twice.
Conq "vortex": even the heavy into shield bash cheese when revenge can still be dodged after you get hit once.
LB "vortex": learn to tech

corazondedelfin
03-17-2017, 02:53 AM
The easiest way to do this I believe is to give bash attacks a drawback. Maybe like Demon's Embrace, if they miss, they can lose a huge chunk of stamina or some health? Also, a stamina drain on sprinting would solve your running problem.

I wasnt talking about the ****ing runners, they are just one more problem! The ****ing problem is the DEFENSIVE ****TY META AND ******* ABUSERS OF ****TY INGAME MECHANICS.

ArchDukeInstinct
03-17-2017, 03:05 AM
I wasnt talking about the ****ing runners, they are just one more problem! The ****ing problem is the DEFENSIVE ****TY META AND ******* ABUSERS OF ****TY INGAME MECHANICS.

Sir could you please calm down.

And you know runners was your first bullet point and it was mentioned repeatedly throughout the original post, so you can't really get upset that someone else mentioned it too.

Felis_Menari
03-17-2017, 03:12 AM
If chip damage actually did a meaningful amount, maybe that would be enough. Though, parry rewards likely need tweaking too. Guaranteed GBs seem a bit much for heavy parries. At best you should get a light attack.

corazondedelfin
03-17-2017, 04:43 PM
If chip damage actually did a meaningful amount, maybe that would be enough. Though, parry rewards likely need tweaking too. Guaranteed GBs seem a bit much for heavy parries. At best you should get a light attack.

+100000 You are really right.

Prophit618
03-17-2017, 05:32 PM
You do know that the designers have said numerous times that they want combat in this game to be centered around defense? They have also admitted that it's maybe a little too much in that way, but if you want an offensive meta, better go play another game, because Defensive Meta would be working as intending.

corazondedelfin
03-17-2017, 05:43 PM
You do know that the designers have said numerous times that they want combat in this game to be centered around defense? They have also admitted that it's maybe a little too much in that way, but if you want an offensive meta, better go play another game, because Defensive Meta would be working as intending.

Thats what most of people are doing and even more will be doing quick enough. If what you are saying is right, then the game is pretty much dieing in some weeks.

Prophit618
03-17-2017, 05:51 PM
The game definitely has a problem with people leaving, but it's more because of the actual problems with the games than because of their design choice.
I can't imagine too many people are leaving because of the game's focus on defense. Regardless, you won't be missed if so. There's already too much salt in these waters.

secrecy274
03-17-2017, 05:52 PM
Great, the more whiners leave, the more this forums can discuss actual problems.

corazondedelfin
03-17-2017, 05:57 PM
Great, the more whiners leave, the more this forums can discuss actual problems.

You will discuss with the ghost that talks with you secrecy, because "nobody" else will be able to hear you. If the game doesnt change, +90% of its remaining population will disappear from it, myself included.

Have fun when that day arrives here in this forum, dear Whiner-only-with-your-problems. :rolleyes:

Munktor
03-17-2017, 06:01 PM
You will discuss with the ghost that talks with you secrecy, because "nobody" else will be able to hear you. If the game doesnt change, +90% of its remaining population will disappear from it, myself included.

Have fun when that day arrives here in this forum, dear Whiner-only-with-your-problems. :rolleyes:

Ok Chicken Little, when the sky falls we'll let you know how the view is.

Apaolo_
03-17-2017, 06:07 PM

Warden vortex: noob abuser, in high level plays ppl rarely got hit by that more than twice.
Conq "vortex": even the heavy into shield bash cheese when revenge can still be dodged after you get hit once.

You sound dumb. Every tournament is basically dominated by 3-4 classes that have the "vortex" mechanic. To say it's not effective at higher play is naive. The current top two characters are Warlord and Conqueror because they have a ton of defense with safe attacks. A good Warden will get a vortex on you, you know they can cancel it into a gb right?

corazondedelfin
03-17-2017, 06:10 PM
You sound dumb. Every tournament is basically dominated by 3-4 classes that have the "vortex" mechanic. To say it's not effective at higher play is naive. The current top two characters are Warlord and Conqueror because they have a ton of defense with safe attacks. A good Warden will get a vortex on you, you know they can cancel it into a gb right?

For once, we completely agree Apaolo. Do you think the vortex combos should disappear? Any of them, and there are plenty, even the lawbringer has one haha, its so sad the game became into this...

I thought this game was going to be somekind of God of War Ascension v.2 10 years later, a game where you fight brave and have fun, not a game where you stay put looking at your enemy with a cofee cup.. Its just sad the money used in here.

secrecy274
03-17-2017, 06:13 PM

Oh, so gather a petition then, since I severely doubt 90% of this playerbase would let you speak for them. Come on, show some statistics.

Mr.Gazoonie
03-17-2017, 06:32 PM
The more ive thought about this GB+Stun+unbalancing moves ie shoulder/shield,head bach/charge/sweep etc the more i think ive thought of the most simple way to erase this problem.

Timers on GBs, throws and special moves.

It could be a static timer of say 10 seconds, or whatever number is liked by the devs OR have a diminishing timer based on offence, and no special moves dont count.

So i GB into a throw or bash or something.. timer set to 10 seconds, if i land a light attack i get -1 seconds, a heavy gives you -2. You are thusly rewarded for actually ATTACKING your opponent.

You COULD try to coffee cup defend still but.. you have 10 seconds before your GB or special moves (the orange things) reset, at which time your opponent can wail on you without worry of you getting in another cheezy GB combo, or infinite spec move.

Also, in regards to the running problem, ya the stamina drain is an ok idea.. but it doesnt solve the problem cus YOUR stamina would drain too in the chase. Actually the more i think about it.. its a good idea as then "fleeing" would actually have to have some strategic thought put into it.. will you have enough stamina to run away or will you drain out and be caught before your opponents stamina fails.

Also the instant stop and turn and land a heavy while being chased needs to go as well by having a stance timer? whereas once you click LT to engage after a set time without attacking.. you have a 1 second delay before an attack can be made. That way if you are IN combat and a second opponent arrives you arent penalized for switching targets but if try to flee and get a cheep shot in, you wont be able to as you disengaged the target stance mechanics and will suffer the 1 seconds delay to attack when you try to re-engage. I suppose you could NOT press LT and try to wing/wiff it and hope for a hit but you could very well leave yourself open to a nasty attack.

ALSO timer would instatly leave if you are attacked while fleeing so you arent backstab combo killed before you can retalliate.

Just thoughts...

Munktor
03-17-2017, 06:38 PM
The more ive thought about this GB+Stun+unbalancing moves ie shoulder/shield,head bach/charge/sweep etc the more i think ive thought of the most simple way to erase this problem.

Timers on GBs, throws and special moves.

It could be a static timer of say 10 seconds, or whatever number is liked by the devs OR have a diminishing timer based on offence, and no special moves dont count.

So i GB into a throw or bash or something.. timer set to 10 seconds, if i land a light attack i get -1 seconds, a heavy gives you -2. You are thusly rewarded for actually ATTACKING your opponent.

You COULD try to coffee cup defend still but.. you have 10 seconds before your GB or special moves (the orange things) reset, at which time your opponent can wail on you without worry of you getting in another cheezy GB combo, or infinite spec move.

Also, in regards to the running problem, ya the stamina drain is an ok idea.. but it doesnt solve the problem cus YOUR stamina would drain too in the chase. Actually the more i think about it.. its a good idea as then "fleeing" would actually have to have some strategic thought put into it.. will you have enough stamina to run away or will you drain out and be caught before your opponents stamina fails.

Also the instant stop and turn and land a heavy while being chased needs to go as well by having a stance timer? whereas once you click LT to engage after a set time without attacking.. you have a 1 second delay before an attack can be made. That way if you are IN combat and a second opponent arrives you arent penalized for switching targets but if try to flee and get a cheep shot in, you wont be able to as you disengaged the target stance mechanics and will suffer the 1 seconds delay to attack when you try to re-engage. I suppose you could NOT press LT and try to wing/wiff it and hope for a hit but you could very well leave yourself open to a nasty attack.

ALSO timer would instatly leave if you are attacked while fleeing so you arent backstab combo killed before you can retalliate.

Just thoughts...

Or...people could just get better and blocking/dodging/light attacking...

I mean, I think that's the better solution personally.

Prophit618
03-17-2017, 06:51 PM
Or...people could just get better and blocking/dodging/light attacking...

I mean, I think that's the better solution personally.

Its like you consistently don't get it Munktor. Gitting gud isn't a solution, Ubi needs to put on more training wheels. After all, this person paid money for this game, and screw everyone else who did or the intent of the designers. Clearly Ubi owes something to them in particular for not being able to play the game in the manner it was designed.

What really gets me is the number of people who complain about the "Defensive Meta" and also complain about light attack spam.

S8Canadian
03-17-2017, 06:51 PM

I have been hit with this piles and at times it seems as if I can't dodge because I haven't recovered in time. Unless I'm hitting a too early. It could very well be a lag issue too. It would be nice to see some things drain stamina if MORE if it's used too many times in a row. I'd half like to see blocks drain a little stamina too but that may be a bit too realistic. It is tiring to block or even hold pads for someone hitting you hard.

Mr.Gazoonie
03-17-2017, 06:53 PM
So, you are basically saying that the ad infinitum GB+push/throw is an acceptable way to play this game.

That out of the 10-15 moves you can do in the game.. basically you only need to know 3 of them.

Sad that it comes down to that. Sad that an avid gamer can condone that as a way to play. The no skill = high reward style that seems to dominate most multiplayer games these days.

You are basically saying you dont want to earn a victory any other way except by some faceroll moves.

Point taken.

Valfrekr
03-17-2017, 07:15 PM

So let me get this straight,

Your issue here is that people are playing defensively/strategically, using (or according to your own words: "Abusing") the ingame mechanics the way it was meant to be used? How else are people suppose to play? Are we all suppose to run around like idiots and button mashing our way to victory? The designers of this game have place a large enough arena for people to use how they see fit to gain victory.

I'm not big on pvp, but I've enjoyed my experience with this game so far (the good with the bad). I've come across combo spammers as well as good players. I've dealt with honorable duels, and dishonorable ones. There are players who will wait for a 1v1 fight to be finished in a brawl match before engaging the opponent when his team mate fall, and there are people who will gank at the first chance they get. I for one don't complain at any of this. If it's not how the game should be played, then the developers wouldn't have design the game to play this way. I simply adjust my play style and honor code accordingly.

So I have to ask again, what are you expecting from the community? Do you want everyone to play as you might play (all attack and no defense)? Do you want people to stand there and not retreat to try to gain a tactical advantage? If so, I think you're in the wrong game son.

I for one main a Nobushi. Not playing defensively is just plain stupid for that hero. There are times when I get offensive, and I'm usually punished for it.
You may be tired of the defensive meta in the game, but I'm tired of the constant teenage *****ing on the forums from every kid who gets their *** handed to them because they'd rather sit their hero afk to gain gear than learn how to play the game and their character.