PDA

View Full Version : Serious topic about il2 for oleg and team to respond to.

CD_Turbo
05-29-2004, 09:46 AM
Hello!

First of all i have to say that i love Il-2 AEP and think its a ground breaking sim.
Im not posting this thread to whine or flame anyone but to have a serious dialog with the developers.

I have noticed "in my personal opinion" that the emphasis of the developement has gone towards putting in new planes, perfect example being the spitfire models.

Personally I think the sim has most of the planes that are needed to keep this sim interesting for the market and keeping veterans of Il-2 interested.

What i think is concerning is that no real developement has gone into the online coop and dogfight aspect of the game example being that you need Bad bernies FB script to make the dogfight more mission based with objectives.
Same being with coop mode, being very limited in options for host and needing lowengrins "great guy!" dynamic campaign utility to get most of campaign play.

The thing i miss most in the sim is the lack of options to truly customize the missions for the players needs.

example
1. With no external views when you die the screen is black and you cant follow the action from outside views.
2. No option for reloading guns or refueling to get back into the action.
- Good options would be that there is a time you can set for rearming "5 mins or 3 mins"
3. With outside views active you can go to enemy external view and find the enemy planes with "view enemy air" and there is no chance of disabling it.

So there is a dilemma, do you want cockpit only with no external views .. result being that when you die you have to leave the game or have external views active and always know what the enemy is up to.

Final words..
I would like the developers to increase the options and truly make the sim more adaptable for the users.
Although its not as fun as making new planes and boasting in various software convetions that its better than ms cfs3.
Its something that i think should be considered to keep this sim appealing in the long end.

Please balance the sim in maybe not making too many planes instead putting some work into making the already good sim better!

CD_Turbo
combatdevils.tk http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CD_Turbo
05-29-2004, 09:46 AM
Hello!

First of all i have to say that i love Il-2 AEP and think its a ground breaking sim.
Im not posting this thread to whine or flame anyone but to have a serious dialog with the developers.

I have noticed "in my personal opinion" that the emphasis of the developement has gone towards putting in new planes, perfect example being the spitfire models.

Personally I think the sim has most of the planes that are needed to keep this sim interesting for the market and keeping veterans of Il-2 interested.

What i think is concerning is that no real developement has gone into the online coop and dogfight aspect of the game example being that you need Bad bernies FB script to make the dogfight more mission based with objectives.
Same being with coop mode, being very limited in options for host and needing lowengrins "great guy!" dynamic campaign utility to get most of campaign play.

The thing i miss most in the sim is the lack of options to truly customize the missions for the players needs.

example
1. With no external views when you die the screen is black and you cant follow the action from outside views.
2. No option for reloading guns or refueling to get back into the action.
- Good options would be that there is a time you can set for rearming "5 mins or 3 mins"
3. With outside views active you can go to enemy external view and find the enemy planes with "view enemy air" and there is no chance of disabling it.

So there is a dilemma, do you want cockpit only with no external views .. result being that when you die you have to leave the game or have external views active and always know what the enemy is up to.

Final words..
I would like the developers to increase the options and truly make the sim more adaptable for the users.
Although its not as fun as making new planes and boasting in various software convetions that its better than ms cfs3.
Its something that i think should be considered to keep this sim appealing in the long end.

Please balance the sim in maybe not making too many planes instead putting some work into making the already good sim better!

CD_Turbo
combatdevils.tk http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LEXX_Luthor
05-29-2004, 10:52 AM
Great ideas, Awsum....re~arm and re~fuel for very large all-day offline missions.

New Planes that you don't like have nothing to do with not programming new features.

We are Sloppy today, Be Sure http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ICeSpirit.lt
05-29-2004, 10:53 AM
Very usefull would be refilling your ammo or fuel(of course in coop misions), because in coop there is no refly. You are empty on fuel, and you cant press refly. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

This feature would help to make larger misions(like gulf of finland), where you have to fly hundeds of miles. With one stop it's too limited

609IAP_Recon
05-29-2004, 11:53 AM
how long in real life did it take for refueling and rearming?

how do you end a mission?

The ability to add an option for #1 above is needed, it's probably been requested since day one of IL2. (Spectator mode)

My only disagreement is that we have an over emphasis on fighters vs flyable bombers. But I hope this is changed in next patch.

However, the way things get broken every release/patch, I'm very leary of changes now. If you want to add aircraft, just do it - don't change the other aircraft FM's, gunnery, DM, etc... spawn crashes, lag, bsod, etc.. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Salute!

IV/JG51_Recon

http://www.forgottenskies.com/jg51sig2.jpg

VMF513_Sandman
05-29-2004, 09:27 PM
in cfs2, as soon as u made a dead stop on the runway, u were reloaded, refueled, and repaired. pity this isnt able to be done in fb. what would also help is the ability to switch fuel tanks in long flights; from external tanks to either the main centerline tank, wing, or reserve tanks. even the ability to go into max fuel conservation settings would be a good idea for co-ops that has a long flight to the target. this i'm not sure can be done with the current set up either.

Functio
05-30-2004, 06:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG50_Recon:
The ability to add an option for #1 above is needed, it's probably been requested since day one of IL2. (Spectator mode)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not so - IIRC, when IL-2 was being developed Oleg asked about this issue at the old dogfighter forums. The agreed consensus was not to allow externals when dead. To avoid possible cheating, of course. I still think this a good idea. If you want to avoid this, don't get shot down. Or record a track at the beginning of the mission, stay in game despite being shot down and watch what happened to everyone else in the track later on http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif