PDA

View Full Version : Two-shotted by Revenge even with Defence Boost

Gray360UK
03-16-2017, 11:32 PM
Okay I know, Revenge is God mode, don't gank people, Git Gud, yada yada, thank you ....

This was in Skirmish so it was a mess, 3 vs 3, team mates dying, so I can't just watch ... and I tried to pick the one that was on the edge of combat and least likely to gain Revenge. Anyway, 2 light attacks later, this Zerker has Revenge and I was instantly 2 shotted from full health with a full yellow shield bar from a Defence boost.

2 hits of 47 according to the Combat Log.
So I have 94 health with a Shield boost?

I know Nobushi is a bit fragile but really? Is that working as intended?

It's getting so you can't risk engaging anyone in a fight ... :(

PackingMoney
03-16-2017, 11:34 PM
Okay I know, Revenge is God mode, don't gank people, Git Gud, yada yada, thank you ....

This was in Skirmish so it was a mess, 3 vs 3, team mates dying, so I can't just watch ... and I tried to pick the one that was on the edge of combat and least likely to gain Revenge. Anyway, 2 light attacks later, this Zerker has Revenge and I was instantly 2 shotted from full health with a full yellow shield bar from a Defence boost.

What attacks were they. I know you said it was 47 (it could have been glitches?), but if he did a side light and then top heavy when you was on the floor that would definitely be the reason, as without revenge that combo does 4 bars of damage.

Dizzy4213
03-16-2017, 11:38 PM
Nobushi has 120 HP. Not sure how you got 2 shot then, especially with a defence boost. Even without it you should have survived assuming that you were at full health.

LickMyLemons257
03-16-2017, 11:39 PM

revenge mode is so broken i Nobushi main and i can 2 shot people with heavy attacks in revenge mode and also win most 1v3 as much as i love ****ing people over with it its way too OP atm i think.

Gray360UK
03-16-2017, 11:42 PM
What attacks were they. I know you said it was 47 (it could have been glitches?), but if he did a side light and then top heavy when you was on the floor that would definitely be the reason, as without revenge that combo does 4 bars of damage.

Guess that was it then.
The attacks were Left Heavy followed by Top Heavy, both for 47 according to the log. That just doesn't seem like enough damage to remove all of my health and all of a shield boost?

I dunno, have a hard time fitting that into my usual definition of fun / skilled combat. Two taps from me and the next thing I know I'm waking up in Samurai heaven. I'm not sure how you're supposed to find someone who isn't on the verge of going Godmode in a Skirmish match when things get messy.

Porch-Skunk
03-16-2017, 11:47 PM
Revenge mode is great, i love using it. When it gets used against me cause my team is dumb and 3v1 fighting, we deserve to get repeatedly ****ed. If I see revenge, i just flip away till it goes away and force them to be aggressive. Revenge is the anti-gank. Revenge sucks when people just flip away from ya lol, just most people are dumb and keep fighting you.

Gray360UK
03-16-2017, 11:47 PM
revenge mode is so broken i Nobushi main and i can 2 shot people with heavy attacks in revenge mode and also win most 1v3 as much as i love ****ing people over with it its way too OP atm i think.

I don't mind people getting it under certain circumstances, but there's modes like Skirmish (playing it to complete an Order) where your chances of finding someone to hit who isn't going to get Revenge almost instantly are about 10%, the other 90% of the time you're screwed for making the mistake of trying to fight someone. Ironically it makes you look for the fabled 'honourable' 1 vs 1 duel, even in a 4 vs 4 mode, because anything else just becomes the battle of the Revenges.

Gray360UK
03-16-2017, 11:51 PM
Revenge mode is great, i love using it. When it gets used against me cause my team is dumb and 3v1 fighting, we deserve to get repeatedly ****ed. If I see revenge, i just flip away till it goes away and force them to be aggressive. Revenge is the anti-gank. Revenge sucks when people just flip away from ya lol, just most people are dumb and keep fighting you.

See this was in a 3 vs 3 mess in the middle of the map in Skirmish. Now I can either stand back and watch, leaving team mates to die, or try to engage someone. When you're then 2 shotted on the floor before you can stand up ... in that situation it's not really anti-gank. If I knew that zerker was 2 light attacks away from Revenge I wouldn't have touched her, or if I knew two heavy attacks from her would kill me even with a shield boost before I could stand up, lol

sorcot
03-17-2017, 12:11 AM
Three in three so you join for 4 v3 and got your self killed also probably screwed up one of your teams moves but anyways you could have looked for the 4th

sgtpickles
03-17-2017, 12:16 AM
A berserker has 2 attack buffs as feats (lv3&4). If he had those active, revenge, and an attack boost... well he would have likely one shot you.

Gray360UK
03-17-2017, 12:19 AM
Three in three so you join for 4 v3 and got your self killed also probably screwed up one of your teams moves but anyways you could have looked for the 4th

Yeah the Zerker was at the edge of the combat, as already stated, not sure how I can mess up a team mates moves when the Zerker was not fighting anyone and no one was fighting the Zerker. I hit her twice, she got Revenge and 2-shotted me, no one else was involved in that part of the fight. Thanks for the typical trashy troll comment though, there's always one.

Gray360UK
03-17-2017, 12:22 AM
A berserker has 2 attack buffs as feats (lv3&4). If he had those active, revenge, and an attack boost... well he would have likely one shot you.

Would make more sense then, cheers for that info. I have never played Zerker myself so I'm not really up to speed on their feats.

Orolinwe
03-17-2017, 01:37 AM
Being 2-shotted from this situation is utter ********e. Agree completely.

Not sure what they can do to change this meta, but the game is SO broken and SO unbalanced in SO many ways.... OMFG. It's pathetic, honestly. Right now half the time I'm raging at the game because of how poorly balanced it is.

My early favorite, Raider, is so under-powered in 1v1s. Just astonishing really how this hero is supposed to compete against some of the other kits/move-sets.

Plutonium Bug
03-17-2017, 10:20 AM
You can tell if the buffs are active. Glowing hands =1 of the buffs and purple blades = the 2nd one!

chiller2k3
03-17-2017, 11:10 AM
For me: I want that gear (beside from the looks) is not even a thing. I don’t want to be 2/3 shotted, and I don’t want to 2/3 shot people. I want some good fights that last at least for 20 seconds not these block until revenge (revenge is fine, just gear is making it terrible), get OP buff and kill 1-2 people, repeat until 1 is left and we can have one decent fight.
I’m not whining here about “oh damn I got wrecked”, because I wreck people the same way with my (only!) 90 GS Valk. I just don’t want to have that.

But that’s why I enjoy duell/brawls the most. But I would like to have that fun in the 4v4 modes, too.

Gear stats should either be go away or at least broken down by far! (at least that’s my opinion ;))

Cheers

escacleo
03-17-2017, 12:11 PM
I love 1v2 and 1v3. I survive surprisingly a lot as Kensei main. Once I get revenge...it tends to be over more than not. Defending a base leads to some good out numbered combat. It's when my teammates join in and give them revenge I don't like lol.

But revenge is broken, however surviving when alone would be near impossible without it. At least against decent players.