PDA

View Full Version : Mass kicks = free wins?

Handelo
03-16-2017, 11:20 PM
So I've just finally managed to fix my NAT to be open instead of moderate. Hurray network tech support!

But now, the same thing that's been happening to me before, seems to be happening to everyone else except me in every session. Everyone else gets kicked simultaneously, and gets replaced by bots. Usually during pre-match countdown, sometimes a few seconds into the match. Every. Single. Time.

https://i.snag.gy/WT3fwB.jpg

Sometimes (especially in vs AI sessions) people will rejoin mid-match, only to be mass-kicked, again, a few seconds later. I'm assuming since I have open NAT the game designates me as the host, which is why I don't get kicked.

Now I like free wins as much as the next guy, but this is getting ridiculous. Anyone else experience this?

Khyron7
03-16-2017, 11:25 PM
I think my nat type is moderate what system? I need to try open i guess but not sure where

Mia.Nora
03-16-2017, 11:33 PM
Havent seen a single match where someone isnt replaced by bots so far.

Is full team playing till end even a thing?

UbiNoty
03-16-2017, 11:45 PM
Hi Handelo - maybe they all ran off because they were intimidated by you ;p. Just kidding >.< (i'm bad at jokes...)
We're still seeing some network instability (which typically occurs after any update) as players get adjusted so that might be part of the reason for the match disconnects. However, seeing as it's occurring often and to everyone else does warrant some looking into - I will make an inquiry about it to the team and if you could report it to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) that would really help give us some more information to work with as well. Thanks!

Moondyne_MC
03-17-2017, 12:16 AM
Exact same thing happened to me upon switching to open NAT. Got a whole host of new error codes I'd never seen, and my entry to games actually ejected other players from the loading screen (which you can't quit from). Since going back to moderate finding and staying in games is actually more consistent than open.

sorcot
03-17-2017, 12:19 AM
It's a easy way to get your PVP contracts done ---- but overall it sucks

Handelo
03-17-2017, 01:02 AM
Hi Handelo - maybe they all ran off because they were intimidated by you ;p. Just kidding >.< (i'm bad at jokes...)
We're still seeing some network instability (which typically occurs after any update) as players get adjusted so that might be part of the reason for the match disconnects. However, seeing as it's occurring often and to everyone else does warrant some looking into - I will make an inquiry about it to the team and if you could report it to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) that would really help give us some more information to work with as well. Thanks!

It's consistently happening to everyone else in my match, at the exact same time, except me, and it also happens if I join an ongoing match. A "configuring session" screen shows up, and BOOM! Everyone gets ejected. So yes, it seems just my being in the match causes everyone else to disconnect somehow.
something's causing everyone to run off. I doubt it's my gruff demeanor though. Might be my stench.

I just sent a ticket to support. Hope they find the cause of this issue soon.

Exact same thing happened to me upon switching to open NAT. Got a whole host of new error codes I'd never seen, and my entry to games actually ejected other players from the loading screen (which you can't quit from). Since going back to moderate finding and staying in games is actually more consistent than open.

*sigh* I might just switch back to moderate NAT as well. Not that it was far better being on the receiving end of this issue, mind you. I might have completed 2 matches out of 20 I entered today before switching to open NAT. Heck, that's the very reason I changed my network setup in the first place...

But, at least it's some comfort knowing I'm not the only one with this issue. So thanks :p

SURESHOT22
03-17-2017, 01:10 AM
You're lucky.
I have open nat and i get kicked out of 99% of my 4 vs 4 matches.

I would be ok with everyone but me getting kicked for a while so i could actually finish some contracts.

How can you change from open to moderate nat type? Im desperate. I just want to play.

Handelo
03-17-2017, 01:16 AM
You're lucky.
I have open nat and i get kicked out of 99% of my 4 vs 4 matches.

I would be ok with everyone but me getting kicked for a while so i could actually finish some contracts.

How can you change from open to moderate nat type? Im desperate. I just want to play.

It's basically a port thing. My previous network setup (2 routers connected WAN-to-LAN) didn't let me forward the ports to my PC properly, so my NAT was moderate. As soon as I fixed that, it turned green. If you want to force moderate NAT, I suppose you could block the ports through your router or firewall? Though that might make the game completely unable to connect.

Anyways, while I had moderate NAT I had the same issue as you, I might have managed to finish 2 out of 20 matches. So it might not even have anything to do with your NAT type.

UbiNoty
03-17-2017, 01:41 AM
Just dropping by to let you all know that we've just released a post (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-286690-16/for-honor-matchmaking-experience-more-information-about-nat)going more in-depth about NAT types and our matchmaking system - we'll still be looking into the disconnects but hopefully it will provide you all with some more information and insight!

teksuo1
03-17-2017, 02:13 AM
Did not have to change any setting to enjoy the game, my nat is yellow and has been since the beginning ; and i'm fine most of the time playing 8-12 hours a day. (rarely any problems unless people deliberately quit games)
Nat type has little to do with the matter i think.

*i also usually have an hd stream running on the second monitor which eats some bandwidth too ; on a below average connection...

idk wtf is wrong with all these people's setups.

*i did notice that it seems to momentarily stop the game for everybody if i happen to alt-tab quickly during a match. also some suspicious lags which benefits the enemies too much to just be random xD

AcceptYourDeath
03-17-2017, 05:26 AM
I think my nat type is moderate what system? I need to try open i guess but not sure where

You should google tutorials for that which ports to open.

Like this for example: https://portforward.com/help/for-honor/

You have to acess your router/modem usally by typing a specific "url" into your browser. Look it up if you don`t know it already.

Then you either find the menu which allows you to (forward) set up these ports or you find the option to allow UPnP. Universal Plug`n Play.
Be aware enabling UPnP is a general allowance for software to open ports on your connectivity. It is considered a security issue genrally speaking

THANKS UBISOFT :p

Handelo
03-18-2017, 04:38 PM
No reply from support yet. For now I've reverted back to my old network setup (WAN-to-LAN), giving me a moderate NAT level, and letting me play with other people, although I do get disconnected a lot.