PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Fire... it's a thing!

ParadigmFringe
03-16-2017, 10:12 PM
i feel like people don't realize they can damage and even kill their own teammates with basic attacks. well, you can. the below tips will keep your team alive and allow you to gank EFFECTIVELY. this is all to help you stop killing your teammates, AND make you a better team player.

-if you simply CANNOT resist jumping in to someone else's fight, for the love of all that is holy, at least TRY not to hit your teammates. you DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE ATTACK DIRECTIONS IF THE GUY ISN'T LOCKED ON TO YOU. he only has to block toward you to block anything you throw at him, so instead, just do top attacks. also, get on a different side of the bad guy.

-if you're in a 2v1, get behind the dude and keep attacking while moving back and forth. you'll do shifting attacks, so the indicator for their block will be starting on one side then shifting to the other at the last second.

-if there is a 2v1 going on and you want to join it, don't, unless you've picked up any allies who can be revived, and there aren't any other bad guys around. 2v1 is already giving the other guy plenty of revenge, and you don't want to be the ***-hat who gives him that last chunk of revenge meter and then he does an aoe and kills your other two teammates because you disrupted their rhythm. if you have to make a 2v1 into a 3v1, be the super-helpful guy that just GBs and disables the 1 enemy.

sorcot
03-16-2017, 10:23 PM
You don't like me swinging my club around d best duck

Valtaya
03-16-2017, 10:44 PM
Well... there is a tool tip that reads: mind friendly fire. On the other hand, "allied" ai bots give a damn about friendly fire and spam like there is no tomorrow, staggering you, which makes you vulnerable to enemy attacks, or eventualy even killing you (sliding down a ladder when you are almot at the top and falling to your death is an all time favorite for me, or when your ally pushes an enemy and that falling enemy pushes you down a ledge, yay). Whatever, if the bots do not care, player never will, that simple.

Nahkavempele
03-16-2017, 11:05 PM
I have a dream, that one day ppl would realise this, the countless times ive had the enemy 1 combo a way from death and some kid comes from behind me and starts hes button smash giving the enemy revenge and thus getting him self dead and in the process me too potentialy.

If you feel the urge to jump in go behind the enemy and use tops, shoulder bash, leg sweep, headbut, kick, shove, shield bash these are the best ways you can help your team mates, not swinging from sides and zones you only stagger your team mates.

As an conq i find it most fun to just run around and charge bash ppl on ground, free heavies for the whole gang :)

Felis_Menari
03-16-2017, 11:40 PM
I tell others to stick with verts when close together to avoid friendly fire. It makes you predictable, but with GB attempts or bashing attacks thrown in, the enemy *will* take hits. If revenge pops? Keep bashing/GBing the crap out of them. Hell, if you're confident enough, parry their attacks. Anything that disrupts a revenging enemy and burns up their revenge meter will help you win the encounter.

AcceptYourDeath
03-17-2017, 04:39 AM
Nothing makes me go TILT more than teamdamage in this game. The damage itself is somewhat meaningless BUT it Interrupts and cancels any move you do leaving you open for attacks.
And all of the sudden the fight you were clearly ahead turns around and your teammate just got you killed with his "helping hand"

It is a nice design choice on paper lowering the effect of team-zerking yet it is one of the most infuriating things I ever experienced in a videogame.

I don`t even mind teaming up in dominion mode or hiting enemys in the back, I apply my MOBA mindset to this specific gamemode. Watch where you go and where you probably shouldn`t be in the first place.

But OMG it`s the wooooorst!

At the end the idea has its justification, however it should be slightly adjusted in some way. As Jingles likes to say "The problem with playing online is there are other people" :o

Felis_Menari
03-17-2017, 04:57 AM
Nothing makes me go TILT more than teamdamage in this game. The damage itself is somewhat meaningless BUT it Interrupts and cancels any move you do leaving you open for attacks.
And all of the sudden the fight you were clearly ahead turns around and your teammate just got you killed with his "helping hand"

It is a nice design choice on paper lowering the effect of team-zerking yet it is one of the most infuriating things I ever experienced in a videogame.

I don`t even mind teaming up in dominion mode or hiting enemys in the back, I apply my MOBA mindset to this specific gamemode. Watch where you go and where you probably shouldn`t be in the first place.

But OMG it`s the wooooorst!

At the end the idea has its justification, however it should be slightly adjusted in some way. As Jingles likes to say "The problem with playing online is there are other people" :o

I too, get irritated with friendly fire getting me killed. At times, it's better to standby as backup, just in case your teammate can't deal with their current opponent.

ParadigmFringe
03-20-2017, 08:41 PM
i just feel like there's too much CoD kdr chest-beating going on. people want to get the KILL, not just another takedown. i main conq and LB, so usually when another player jumps into my fights, i break off, get behind the bad guy, and just do my overheads while shifting left or right from their 7 to 5 o'clock

Icetower
03-20-2017, 09:20 PM
Accidentally killed a couple teammates today with the Warbringer's grenade. Oops!

Vordred
03-20-2017, 10:10 PM
there is but its a pitiful amount, i would rather see full team damage and no revenge mode. don't need Revenge if attacks can't swing wildly with there attacks. spacing would be key.

UbiJurassic
03-21-2017, 02:54 AM
Accidentally killed a couple teammates today with the Warbringer's grenade. Oops!

"Sorry"
"Sorry"
"Sorry"

guffffff
03-21-2017, 12:24 PM
[SIZE=2]The damage itself is somewhat meaningless BUT it Interrupts and cancels any move you do leaving you open for attacks.

^^^ that is so annoying! its like where is my top heavy its just not coming out and you realise a team mate has been prodding you with a spear from behind thinking hes helping L:OL

secrecy274
03-21-2017, 12:27 PM
I love it when you Guard Break someone, about to throw them off a ledge, when suddenly a "teammate" hits you from behind, staggering you, then the enemy Guard Breaks you and throw you off the very same ledge...

Ausweisen
03-21-2017, 12:33 PM
This. So. Much. This.

For the plebs crying about revenge, this is why you keep getting faceplanted. Let's not even get into the fact that you can screw your whole team over by pulling that **** and go from win to a loss in a flash.

I want to blame it on people being selfish, but honestly I feel most that do it had the best intentions in mind. The other time it's just hardcore tunnel vision. I know for my friends it is a combo of tunnel vision and them just being very aggressive players so I do understand...but like the OP said, if you just HAVE to join in on the party at least use overheads OR...OR...a grab/cc. Do that and I won't even care who gets the kill because seeing sexy moves with teamwork gets me excited.

ParadigmFringe
03-21-2017, 05:12 PM
This. So. Much. This.

For the plebs crying about revenge, this is why you keep getting faceplanted. Let's not even get into the fact that you can screw your whole team over by pulling that **** and go from win to a loss in a flash.

I want to blame it on people being selfish, but honestly I feel most that do it had the best intentions in mind. The other time it's just hardcore tunnel vision. I know for my friends it is a combo of tunnel vision and them just being very aggressive players so I do understand...but like the OP said, if you just HAVE to join in on the party at least use overheads OR...OR...a grab/cc. Do that and I won't even care who gets the kill because seeing sexy moves with teamwork gets me excited. agreed, EFFECTIVE ganking is a wonder to behold.

Aarpian
03-21-2017, 05:37 PM
I'd prefer if it were more of a thing. Might do more to prevent ganking than revenge ever did.