PDA

View Full Version : Disconnected or Rage quit...I really do not care

Grindwarrior515
03-16-2017, 07:46 PM
I do not care if someone gets disconnected due to the servers or due to them being mad because they are bad and rage quit the game...some kind of punishment needs to happen. Head over to RB6 which I now have over 300 hours in and ask them how they handle this issue. I want For Honor to do well, I gave you folks 100 bucks and want to feel as if this game is balanced and fair...right now it is neither. Give out wins and loses due to disconnections..something...because right now i am wasting my time with the disconnections on this game...fix this please.

gkwaylander
03-16-2017, 08:32 PM
Amen. Tried dominion twice earlier - 3/4 of the way into both games and bam everyone gets dropped. Very, very frustrating.

Yarzahn
03-16-2017, 08:38 PM
I do not care if someone gets disconnected due to the servers or due to them being mad because they are bad and rage quit the game...some kind of punishment needs to happen. Head over to RB6 which I now have over 300 hours in and ask them how they handle this issue. I want For Honor to do well, I gave you folks 100 bucks and want to feel as if this game is balanced and fair...right now it is neither. Give out wins and loses due to disconnections..something...because right now i am wasting my time with the disconnections on this game...fix this please.
At least on PS4, even after yesterday's patch, i still get error disconnected abut 1 in 4 matches form 4v4.

As for rage quitting, I'm divided. Matchmaking is made BEFORE people pick their characters. So it's impossible to predict gear score, I can take a maxed character or a new character agains the same people. Usually it doesnt matter, its 4v4, it usually averages out.
I didnt care for gear score. It didnt feel too powerful, i could still kinda fight decently. The difference in damage output and mitigation as well as revenge power is diluted and hard to notice.

Then I met a gear 108 PK with my gear 15-20 nobushi and something specific happened that made me realise how important gear score really is.

In this situation, She hit me once, i had armor. I dont remember if it was a deflect or a heavy->light combo. But my remaining armor absorbed the actual hit. As we disengage each other, suddenly it hit me (get it? hah hah hah)
I had a full red bar of bleed. I literally died from a bleed effect that took 90% of my health.

I'm sure she had activated the T3 bleed feat, but even with that feat this was still completely unacceptable.
So yeah, I will still fight if the teams have a total gear score relatively close, even if my own gear sucks. It's a team game, the difference is diluted.. But if I see a team with 2 golds, 2 blues and my team full of white gear numbers, I won't bother anymore. I really don't care what Ubisoft does to me, I'm not gonna sit there like a lamb waiting to die or a poodle trying to attack a tibetan mastiff. I can feint, circle, annoy it for 5 minutes, but he will take less damage, deal more and have insanely more powerful revenge (and activate it more often). Thank you but no thanks.

Zeekoh
03-16-2017, 08:44 PM

It doesn't really effect you in any way other than the loading time, which is a direct problem of Ubisoft's decision to make us use P2P to set up games. What you should be asking for is a different method of setting up our games. Not punishment for people who don't want to spend another 10 minutes running forward and getting destroyed by the other team. Everyone plays to have fun and it isn't any fun when you feel helpless against your opponents. I'm a fairly good player most of the time and even I've quit because I just can't do anything at all against the other team.

atac56
03-16-2017, 09:05 PM
its ironic that the only boards where I see people asking for quit penalties are the boards for games that are known for connection issues and forcibly booting players. if you know that youre likely to get booted 4 out of 5 games why would you want a quit penalty?

ParadigmFringe
03-16-2017, 10:01 PM
I do not care if someone gets disconnected due to the servers or due to them being mad because they are bad and rage quit the game...some kind of punishment needs to happen. Head over to RB6 which I now have over 300 hours in and ask them how they handle this issue. I want For Honor to do well, I gave you folks 100 bucks and want to feel as if this game is balanced and fair...right now it is neither. Give out wins and loses due to disconnections..something...because right now i am wasting my time with the disconnections on this game...fix this please. they are not going to add any kind of disconnect punishment until they fix their connection issues. it's still a widespread problem, and penalizing players for ****ty netcode is just going to push more players away.

secrecy274
03-17-2017, 12:15 AM
For your information, Ubisoft has confirmed their programs do know the difference between disconnect and quit, and they will add a penalty to quits midgame.

ggarner24
03-27-2017, 08:45 PM

I've been booted countless times from the game just never syncing back up after someone drops. It most often happens when it appears to be a rage quit where it's right before the end of the match or in the middle where one side is clearly going to lose. It doesn't really make sense to punish someone for something outside of their control. I'm just glad I'll never know how much XP, Salvage, and Steel I've missed out on from being disconnected.