PDA

View Full Version : disconnects over exaggerated?

massive02
03-16-2017, 05:52 PM
So I haven't been experiencing the massive lag/disconnects people have been touting. While there are occasional drops or re-syncing it happens about maybe 1/10 times. There was even a recent poll asking how many games people manage to complete and the majority was 90% which is a 10% drop rate. Definitely no where near the "I drop every freaking game" people have been saying.

Does that make those people lying? definitely not, does that mean the 10% drop is acceptable? definitely not for a competitive game. Some of these issues I don't even think is Ubisoft's fault. Recently there was a PS4 update which screwed a lot of peoples connection up.

http://kotaku.com/how-to-solve-the-ps4s-4-50-network-problem-until-sony-a-1793305127 (http://kotaku.com/how-to-solve-the-ps4s-4-50-network-problem-until-sony-a-1793305127)

So I'm hoping we the community can try to help narrow a solution to help Ubisoft. If you have good connection or bad please post your specs/platform.

mine

Platform: PC GTX 660 playing on medium
NAT: green
disconnects: 1/10

The_Blockade
03-16-2017, 06:17 PM
Well. Some of us get dropped constantly, even with a 100/100 connection and green NAT, so somethings wrong.

S8Canadian
03-16-2017, 06:23 PM
I didn't have issues pre latest patch. I was on an hour ago and for the first time I actually saw piles of what appears to be lag, and users skipping around. I got disconnect 3 times out of 7 or so games (including those 3 times).

Last night I was playing with same group of people I normally play with and the whole (recovering network) message game up every few seconds in 1 match until basically it crashed.

ParadigmFringe
03-16-2017, 06:37 PM
i have days where i get no connection errors whatsoever.

-then i have days where i get disconnected 4 times for ever successful match completion. the disconnects are never the same either... sometimes, the match will start, and there will be a "reconnecting to server" or whatever it says, and blammo, i'm gone.
-other times, it'll be a cascade of disconnects. a player will d/c, then one on my team, then another from the other team, and i know it's coming for me next... blammo, i'm gone.
-the worst are when i get ALMOST to the end of the match. either my team or the other team is breaking with 2 guys left, and nobody has disconnected the whole match. BLAMMMO OUTTA NOWHERE!!! i'm gone.

Gray360UK
03-16-2017, 06:51 PM
It's easy to believe there are no issues if you dont have them yourself, and it's a given that a lot of people exaggerate the scale of their issue. Forum 101. But For Honor does have serious network / P2P / Error issues, that have hit most people to greater or less degrees. I have had more issues in this game than anything else I have played in the last 30 years. I also belong to several other forums, and while forums are always a negative place and skewed towards the unhappy people, those other forums are full of posts about gameplay issues, balance, items, OP classes and weapons. These forums are predominantly about connection problems. This tells you something is very wrong in For Honor land. There is no smoke without fire.

Thief183
03-16-2017, 06:57 PM
I had my issues with disconnection but in the end I figured out my problem... and it was a bad problem.

My ISP couldn't allow acces in some of the port For Honor uses, I called them day and night but in the end I had to change ISP... all problem solved and I don't get disconnected anymore.

The same problem was having a friend of mine with the same ISP and he solved it at the same way.

So I think we got a problem but it is not entyrely UBi fault....I think our ISP are lieing to us.

massive02
03-16-2017, 06:58 PM
what platform and specs are you guys running?

Moondyne_MC
03-17-2017, 12:12 AM
I wouldn't say it's exaggerated at all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qNuzu91z2yE

sorcot
03-17-2017, 12:17 AM
Every time they patch those that think oh maybe I can play again ... but they have bad internet really can't play screws everyone for a few days till they go away again.

Currently in a hospital public wifi on best I can get yellow NAT so only can play AI but others think they can play PVP but really shouldn't even. Try

STVRSEED
03-17-2017, 12:39 AM
Its ok sometimes and sometimes its really bad..
on ps4..but ive heard on ps4 we've had the least problems...so if its worse then ps4 for others i can really imagine how ****ty it must feel...

Just now i tried to play dominion: (Its been getting really bad the last half hour, seems like when the servers have more players the connections also get worse)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RExhrK-Uldk

Bob__Gnarly
03-17-2017, 01:11 AM
I can honestly say this is the worst P2P matchmaking system I've ever experienced and that's no exaggeration.

I've never been a fan of P2P or matchmaking in any game and For Honor has both! Not only that, it's unstable and at times laggy. If someone rage quits or drops, there's a good chance that I and other players will also get booted. Matchmaking is even struggling to find matches to put me in, it's next to impossible to find games in the morning now. I can wait for a hour and still not get put into any 4v4 match. Game modes are showing very high activity, but it still can't find a single match. I could also complain about how matchmaking doesn't balance teams either, but that seems like a minor issue when i struggle to even play at all.

I play on PC, have a fast cable connection with my NAT always green and can play any other multiplayer game flawlessly with no latency, but For Honor? Nope.

The_B0G_
03-17-2017, 02:03 AM
I got dc'd 6 out of 6 games today, it got worse after the last For Honor update

Mia.Nora
03-17-2017, 02:16 AM
I think it is highly exaggerated, I mean getting constant connection errors in a multiplayer game would be bad, but For Honor is strictly single-player with some optional multiplayer.

On the other hand if these issues were happening on Darksouls, then ****storm would be real though!

teksuo1
03-17-2017, 02:28 AM
it's generally smooth for me. seriously can't relate to all these posts about connectivity and errors.
i literally didn't change any settings for the game to work either.. running around with a yellow nat and next to no issues. (unless people deliberately quit or alt-tab or if they use a lagswitch maybe xD)

sure there's the occasional issue which one could tie-up to P2P, but in general i'm sure having a better time than what all these posts suggest.

Egotistic_Ez
03-17-2017, 02:56 AM
Until the latest patch I run pretty well when I'm in a game. Maybe 1 dc from 10. The matchmaker dies in the *** once every 4 queues though. That said, I frequently see other people dc in those games, so they probably still don't count as stable.

Now, thanks to the new patch, I can't play PvP. It dcs me 100%.

Hithnass
03-17-2017, 03:43 AM
No need to watch the whole thing..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwQKyhXi5Cw
0:50 disconnect
3:24 disconnect
6:35 disconnect
9:15 disconnect
Gave up went and watched a movie. dc within the first 20 seconds of each game
This was saved after it had happened a few times and i'd restarted.

Im on PS4 in Australia, NAT2, 20Mb/s down speed.

Usually, its 1 in 4 that might dc.. this was particularly bad evening on the 15th March(so before this most recent net-conx-fix live patch), but occasionally its been this bad in the past.

The_B0G_
03-17-2017, 04:21 AM
I think it is highly exaggerated, I mean getting constant connection errors in a multiplayer game would be bad, but For Honor is strictly single-player with some optional multiplayer.

On the other hand if these issues were happening on Darksouls, then ****storm would be real though!

For Honor is not strickly single player... this game is mainly multiplayer IMO. Single player is so boring.

Mia.Nora
03-17-2017, 04:34 AM
For Honor is not strickly single player... this game is mainly multiplayer IMO. Single player is so boring.

Sarcasm is too heavy for some people..

Viruletic
03-17-2017, 05:12 AM
I spent about an hour today trying to get the last 6 take downs for an order, about the last kill or so 3 games in a row I disconnected. Open NAT and full green bars. Gave up and went to play dominion. Dying from lag and a disconnect later and I just gave up for the night.

I'm hardwired on Verizon 300mbps Internet, so please don't say it's an Internet issue, it's a P2P issue. I just wish I didn't waste so much time for absolutely 0 rewards after an hour of play.

Hithnass
03-17-2017, 06:38 AM
I spent about an hour today trying to get the last 6 take downs for an order, about the last kill or so 3 games in a row I disconnected. Open NAT and full green bars. Gave up and went to play dominion. Dying from lag and a disconnect later and I just gave up for the night.

I'm hardwired on Verizon 300mbps Internet, so please don't say it's an Internet issue, it's a P2P issue. I just wish I didn't waste so much time for absolutely 0 rewards after an hour of play.

Yep.. id be 2 rep levels higher if there wasnt these conx issues. Stuff a weekend of Champion Status.. they should seriously calculate the amount of lost steel and xp, and reward us with that.what we are due.

An alternative solution, is to allow kills/captures/executions/matches/etc for the dailies performed during a match to be counted as they happen, instead of having to wait for the reward screen.. which quite often doesnt happen due to disconnections.

I had a game say 'unable to contact the reward server, your end of match rewards will be awarded when the server is contact'.. a few minutes later, i got my rewards, but that situation doesnt count the takedowns/executions/etc requirements that happen in game for the dailies. Which sometimes are a lot of effort!

Hith

Spectre_198
03-17-2017, 07:39 AM
When i was back home I had an open green NAT and perfect connection but as soon as one person left or their connection dipped a little too low, disconnected. Here at my campus I can't even play because our servers don't support PtP and opening the ports would be a security hazard to the school. Its 100 % their fault, if they had really though of their player base they would have gone the dedicated server route rather than the cheap half-assed peer to peer.

Spectre_198
03-17-2017, 07:45 AM
Bump. I could play for around an hour until i caved and let the seamless patch download then it went right back to a strict Nat

massive02
03-17-2017, 08:08 AM
I had my issues with disconnection but in the end I figured out my problem... and it was a bad problem.

My ISP couldn't allow acces in some of the port For Honor uses, I called them day and night but in the end I had to change ISP... all problem solved and I don't get disconnected anymore.

The same problem was having a friend of mine with the same ISP and he solved it at the same way.

So I think we got a problem but it is not entyrely UBi fault....I think our ISP are lieing to us.

I don't think changing isp is ideal for everyone. Do you know which ports?

STVRSEED
03-18-2017, 03:00 PM
I have wasted so many hours of championship status, literally feel scammed

RatedChaotic
03-18-2017, 03:17 PM
It is not over exaggerated. Out of our 4 man team 3 of us rarely have issues. Tho we still do with quitters. 3 of us have the same ISP. The fourth uses a different one and he get kicked every 5 mins. He has literally tried everything. Even his ISP said that theres probly an issue with his games networking configuration and that they see no problems on their end or his.

After all said and done. It boiled down to basically this.......For Honors P2P config works for some but not everyone.

Its a rubbish system and needs repealed and replaced. Oops wrong forum. Or is it?