PDA

View Full Version : For Honor is following this path......

RatedChaotic
03-16-2017, 04:22 PM
Evolve was put on the free games of the month list. For Honor you'll be there soon.

BrianBoyFranzo
03-16-2017, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath on that. Evolve came out over two years ago and struggled with bad reputation before release over the publisher's greedy DLC practices. It was a great game despite its problems. It's high learning curve, expensive DLC, and a free to play update that came to late was what did it in. It was a shame that 2K ended Turtle Rock's contract while they were still working on a bunch on new content. Console players never got the huge overhaul that came with the free to play update.
For honor on the other hand is probably going to mirror R6 siege's dlc model of free maps and characters that can be unlocked with enough steel. It's been very successful for siege. FH probably won't be as successful but if they get the connection problems fixed the game's player base should start to grow more.

AcceptYourDeath
03-16-2017, 06:01 PM
with bad reputation before release over the publisher's greedy DLC practices

Yeah let`s talk about greedy.

You pay about 10€-12€ for one month premium account, depending on the steel package (which incidentally mismatch prices) in a full priced so called AAA.

All mythic skin packs together are availible for only 90€ - THAT`S A STEAL for some reskins.

Unlocking Perks is about 3€-4€ per heroe, 25€ for all persk at the shop

Cosmetics and animations are between 1€ - 5€

Admittedly you can earn steel in the game, sure.
5€ for a particle effect on the same execution is some of the most greedy stuff I`ve seen in a while, let alone 15€ for a lousy armor reskin.

RatedChaotic
03-16-2017, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath on that. Evolve came out over two years ago and struggled with bad reputation before release over the publisher's greedy DLC practices. It was a great game despite its problems. It's high learning curve, expensive DLC, and a free to play update that came to late was what did it in. It was a shame that 2K ended Turtle Rock's contract while they were still working on a bunch on new content. Console players never got the huge overhaul that came with the free to play update.
For honor on the other hand is probably going to mirror R6 siege's dlc model of free maps and characters that can be unlocked with enough steel. It's been very successful for siege. FH probably won't be as successful but if they get the connection problems fixed the game's player base should start to grow more.

I bet in less than 2yrs For Honor will be on the list. You really think For Honor has a good reputation? Not quite. What you said is very similar to For Honor.

Operch
03-16-2017, 06:13 PM
Yeah let`s talk about greedy.

You pay about 10€-12€ for one month premium account, depending on the steel package (which incidentally mismatch prices) in a full priced so called AAA.

All mythic skin packs together are availible for only 90€ - THAT`S A STEAL for some reskins.

Unlocking Perks is about 3€-4€ per heroe, 25€ for all persk at the shop

Cosmetics and animations are between 1€ - 5€

Admittedly you can earn steel in the game, sure.
5€ for a particle effect on the same execution is some of the most greedy stuff I`ve seen in a while, let alone 15€ for a lousy armor reskin.

I'm kind of baffled by this comment. This is all cosmetic stuff. It doesn't have any effect of gameplay unless you really want to play dress up with your favorite character. I have had zero problem earning steel in the game and seem to have more than I need at the moment or at least more than I want to spend on anything.

My only gripe would be to quit adding more ornaments etc and just focus on the disconnects and crashes some of us are experiencing.

RatedChaotic
03-16-2017, 06:39 PM
I'm kind of baffled by this comment. This is all cosmetic stuff. It doesn't have any effect of gameplay unless you really want to play dress up with your favorite character. I have had zero problem earning steel in the game and seem to have more than I need at the moment or at least more than I want to spend on anything.

My only gripe would be to quit adding more ornaments etc and just focus on the disconnects and crashes some of us are experiencing.

This is why. They are adding tons of cosmetics for when For Honor hits free to play mode. It wont happen soon tho it is a prep. For Honor couldve been great. But ubi dropped the ball on it and may not recover. When a game drops that much of its playerbase that soon there is only a few options that will bring it back. Most companies just go the free to play route with micro transactions to keep it afloat. I foresee FH doing this sooner than most games have done.

Thief183
03-16-2017, 07:01 PM
Btw, the sets you listed are really the top notch and they are to much expensive, that is true... but on my Kenei I got full gear, full rare sword, and all the emotes (ai miss 1 finisher tbh) and I never spent more than the money I bought the game.... it didn't take even so long, just 3 weeks... Now I got steel for more than I need...

Turric4n666
03-16-2017, 07:12 PM

I have around 500 hours in Evolve and For Honor is struggling with the exact same issues Evolve did. Except the asymetrical team balance.
The game will vanish into medicre games of 2010-2020 when they don΄t fix the issues it has.

massive02
03-16-2017, 07:26 PM
I actually think going free to play would be a great idea for this game. It'll open up the player base. I just don't think they should do it now until the game is fixed

Turric4n666
03-16-2017, 07:27 PM
I actually think going free to play would be a great idea for this game. It'll open up the player base. I just don't think they should do it now until the game is fixed

going f2p looks like a good move in all games.. unless you factor in production cost and people that actually bought the game.

RatedChaotic
03-16-2017, 08:34 PM
UBI shouldve went the same route that Killer Instinct did from the start. IMO I think it wouldve been more successful.

Iskaroth
03-16-2017, 08:47 PM
On PC this game will die soon, theres already less than 10k players at a time. On consoles it will probably survive for awhile, maybe a year.