PDA

View Full Version : For Honor needs to be like Overwatch

Apaolo_
03-16-2017, 03:54 PM
Honestly we need more from the Devs or anybody. There is dead silence from them, as a community we have no idea whats going on balance wise, future game modes or new characters.

Overwatch is the same game. It's competitive, has multiple characters etc. but the devs are constantly talking about balance and what's coming. They have a public test server so you can try new things coming out.

What do we get? Some leaked screenshots of two characters we have no idea about? Whoopity doo.

What about the classes who are in desperate needs of reworking? What is going to change with the defense meta? Are you going to address the block speed of characters?

As a community we like being talked to, we want our concerns at least acknowledged....

SyX_VulgarAjko
03-16-2017, 04:01 PM
if u have no idea what u doin u cant share your thoughs. Ubi

Killimanjaro007
03-16-2017, 04:01 PM
Honestly we need more from the Devs or anybody. There is dead silence from them, as a community we have no idea whats going on balance wise, future game modes or new characters.

Overwatch is the same game. It's competitive, has multiple characters etc. but the devs are constantly talking about balance and what's coming. They have a public test server so you can try new things coming out.

What do we get? Some leaked screenshots of two characters we have no idea about? Whoopity doo.

What about the classes who are in desperate needs of reworking? What is going to change with the defense meta? Are you going to address the block speed of characters?

As a community we like being talked to, we want our concerns at least acknowledged....

They haven't even addressed the gold edition buyers not getting anything they were promised. It's been well over a month and Ubisoft has not even addressed it. What is going on? This is exactly why you're company has the reputation for being greedy and not caring about it's customers

massive02
03-16-2017, 04:02 PM
mmmm a public test server would be good.

Apaolo_
03-16-2017, 04:06 PM
They haven't done anything for us, not a shred of information has come out from anyone. This is getting old man, a game like this needs constant attention and balancing.

We need more gamemodes for god's sake. You can only duel so much and the gear gang bang is getting old.

dayLockey
03-16-2017, 04:10 PM
I realize Ubisoft is incompetent just like every other large, money-grabbing game developer, but using Blizzard/Overwatch as a positive example is laughable at best.

You think the "defense meta" is bad in For Honor? The tank/defense meta in Overwatch has existed for nearly a year with little to no change. The same heroes (Rein, Roadhog, Zarya, S76, Ana, Lucio) have been the professional meta for months and months with no word from the devs aside from small fixes that have had minimal effect. It's safe to say that Overwatch is dying just as much as For Honor is at this point, I hardly know anyone who plays that game anymore.

Zeekoh
03-16-2017, 04:11 PM
While all of those things would be great to have, you're essentially comparing Ubisoft to Blizzard. Ubisoft - A company who's forcing us to use our PS4's as servers instead of buying servers themselves or even letting users purchase servers. If they implemented the ability for people to just give them money to put a server up... you better believe people would do it.

I'm not the biggest fan of Blizzard lately, or Overwatch for that matter, but the one thing I will give them is they are great at keeping the community up-to-date on what's happening with their games and what to expect in the near future. All while keeping them engaged in the game itself and addressing issues needed. Blizzard is also a multi-billion dollar company and we all know Ubisoft isn't that. /burn

EDIT - I also think we should give them a little time. Bungie dropped the ball BIG time with Destiny in the beginning. Then they actually came around and got pretty active with the community.

Also, after checking it out, apparently Ubisoft's network is over a billion? wtf you greedy bastards....

Apaolo_
03-16-2017, 04:14 PM
I realize Ubisoft is incompetent just like every other large, money-grabbing game developer, but using Blizzard/Overwatch as a positive example is laughable at best.

You think the "defense meta" is bad in For Honor? The tank/defense meta in Overwatch has existed for nearly a year with little to no change. The same heroes (Rein, Roadhog, Zarya, S76, Ana, Lucio) have been the professional meta for months and months with no word from the devs aside from small fixes that have had minimal effect. It's safe to say that Overwatch is dying just as much as For Honor is at this point, I hardly know anyone who plays that game anymore.

Yeah I get that but the difference is they acknowledge the problem and they're working on trying to fix it. Look at all the balancing they're doing with Ana. They've been back and forth with Zen and I think he's in a good spot now. Roadhog is being worked on constantly as well and now they're introducing another hybrid tank.

The difference is they hear people complaining and they're working on it...what do we get from Ubi? Zero. Not a single peep. Not a single acknowledgement that the defense meta is an issue. For god's sake they think Lawbringer is fine because he gets a lot of ledge kills in 4v4.........

Munktor
03-16-2017, 04:27 PM
They do a weekly stream, make announcements on this forum, have patched the game, given out free XP for some of the downtime, made good on a promise to continually provide new cosmetics/emotes, and have discussed what some of the mechanics they're looking into addressing in a large balance pass.

The only thing they haven't communicated is exact timelines.

But yes, let's claim they have provided nothing more than "dead silence".

dayLockey
03-16-2017, 04:27 PM
Yeah I get that but the difference is they acknowledge the problem and they're working on trying to fix it. Look at all the balancing they're doing with Ana. They've been back and forth with Zen and I think he's in a good spot now. Roadhog is being worked on constantly as well and now they're introducing another hybrid tank.

The difference is they hear people complaining and they're working on it...what do we get from Ubi? Zero. Not a single peep. Not a single acknowledgement that the defense meta is an issue. For god's sake they think Lawbringer is fine because he gets a lot of ledge kills in 4v4.........

Acknowledging a problem yet taking no action (Blizzard) is worse than being ignorant (Ubisoft). Look @ Roadhog and Reinhardt for example. Roadhog for over a year has been 1-shotting 80% of the cast of heroes in Overwatch. You pull them, you shoot them and even if you yourself don't finish the kill, one of the 5 members on your team will assassinate whomever you hooked. What ended up happening? Roadhog effectively replaced every single DPS role sans S76. Why? Because he's more efficient, has more survivability and does more damage. What happened to the meta? Hog (DPS) S76 (DPS), every other DPS on the sidelines watching/quitting the game (me).

Sure they can make minor adjustments to Ana, who is obviously still the #1 healer next to Lucio. There isn't a SINGLE Zenyatta player in the top500 this season and Mercy mains are still taboo pick and flamed unrelentingly for not obeying the "meta".

I was a high Master level player (3850 in season 3) so I know all about how flawed, hopeless and boring Overwatch has become. At least Ubisoft has the excuse of managing a game that has the excuse of being "new". Overwatch does not have that excuse.

Sincerity117
03-16-2017, 05:42 PM
You realize the dev's had a Q&A a few days ago about literally every point you're complaining about....

Munktor
03-16-2017, 05:43 PM
You realize the dev's had a Q&A a few days ago about literally every point you're complaining about....

It's easier to just rage on a forum though and call game developers "incompetent".

I mean, it's obvious how incompetent they are. All they've done is create numerous AAA games that have generated millions of dollars. Obviously incompetent lol.

Apaolo_
03-16-2017, 05:46 PM
You're joking right? What did that stream address....new emotes and ornaments. SO COOL!

They acknowledge their game is **** but have no idea how to fix it so they throw cosmetics to keep people happy. They don't know how to fix the defense meta. They don't know how to balance PK, Conq and Warlords. They think Lawbringer is fine in 4v4 because he gets a lot of ledge kills.......this game is hopeless.

bramboforce
03-16-2017, 05:50 PM
This isnt overwatch here its skill and reflex based. And overwatch ? Thats game in which you can camp attack from behind kill from distance without them noticing. And wehn Orisa was coming out you didnt know **** until she was realeased. Actually they were even misleading you a little bit with doomfist. And for blizard being better i wouldnt say that
Before overwatch blizard games were famous for being pay to win and expensive. This is not Overwatch and blizard deal with it.

Operch
03-16-2017, 06:46 PM
They haven't even addressed the gold edition buyers not getting anything they were promised. It's been well over a month and Ubisoft has not even addressed it. What is going on? This is exactly why you're company has the reputation for being greedy and not caring about it's customers

What? This was solved for me several weeks ago. Did you place a ticket or contact anyone?

lucasnrachel
03-17-2017, 04:08 AM
So listen raging isn't constructive criticism and they don't have dead silence.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2017-03-03-for-honor-ubisoft-answers-the-big-questions

Here is some poor answers but answers none the less and they have the warriors den. They also have Ubinoty Ubijurassic and others that try. They have tried deploying two patches. It's not as easy to fix code as you'd like to think. That being said I'd like to see what kind of tests are being done on it before it goes live.

The answers in that article just make my head hurt. Yes defense is making some of the characters overpowered and overly defense but if they make it cost stamina then everyone will be more defensive. Watch revenge builds be dropped for stamina builds. I kinda feel Berserkers do this anyway .

Yarzahn
03-17-2017, 01:47 PM

There's a bunch of things they could have learned from blizzard and overwatch in particular.
But that ship has sailed.

1) You can't have a competitive multiplayer game without proper support (servers, matchmaking, ranked)
2) You can't have greedy in-game-currency systems in a premium cost game. That goes for both the obscene steel costs of everything and the money-grab scheme "champion status". Oh and the rumoured 25000 steel costs of future characters.

I've spent around 100 on lootboxes in overwatch. Why? Because I like supporting good games, that keep being fun for me for many hours, I can actually play it without getting dropped every other match, we get constant updates, balance patches, reworks, events. This Steel system is so greedily designed that I refuse to ever use a cent on it.
The game is polished, it clicks. It doesnt have half-arsed systems with terrible design like the faction "war" and the terribly designed feat and gearscore systems.

There will be other companies that deliver what For Honor has promised. The game play is there and it's too good and innovative to go to waste. Hell, even getting dropped from 1/3 my games and the whole match and progression system design being as terrible as it is I still enjoy playing it.
Too bad everything else around it was so terribly made. If this was Blizzard, I would have faith they could fix it. When you look at how much of a mess diablo 3 was on release and how hard they worked on fixing and improving it for free, you know they can really do magic.
But Ubisoft hasn't made a good decision for the playerbase in the last 5 years, they won't start now and I hate myself for believing they could come through with this. But hey, we got new emotes! For a week's worth of steel. Each. So 12 weeks.

Yarzahn
03-17-2017, 02:00 PM
This isnt overwatch here its skill and reflex based. And overwatch ? Thats game in which you can camp attack from behind kill from distance without them noticing. And wehn Orisa was coming out you didnt know **** until she was realeased. Actually they were even misleading you a little bit with doomfist. And for blizard being better i wouldnt say that
Before overwatch blizard games were famous for being pay to win and expensive. This is not Overwatch and blizard deal with it.

1) What rank are you in Overwatch, that you consider it isn't skill and reflex base? Send me a link to your profile.

2) Orisa hasn't been released yet. She's on the PTR, which is for TESTING content and the stability of new versions. So, you know, half your playerbase doesn't randomly drop from 4v4 matches when you release a broken patch on them. Sounds familiar?

3) Which Blizzard game is "pay to win". Ever?
Only one that fits there is Hearthstone, but even then, that's only for crafted decks, not for Arena Mode, which is the more competitive.
Other than that I've played Diablo2, Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3, Starcraft, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm.
Not a single one of those was pay to win, except for Diablo 3 right at release, when it had a real money Auction House. Which luckily blizzard removed when they fixed to game (see the post above).
So tell me which blizzard games have YOU apparently played that made blizzard "famouse for being pay to win and expensive".
Oh and about the expensive part, wanna know who doesn't have ******** moneygrab schemes with "champion status" and overpriced steel? Blizzard. Like ever. Their games that rely on microtransactions (hearthstone and heroes of the storm) are FREE-TO-PLAY. Not 60.

Blizzard games also have the added perk of getting actual multiplayer support. You know, luxury stuff, like proper server support and matchmaking. It takes a special kind of stupid to launch a Multiplayer focused game, with aspirations to competitive and not even include those.

I don't know if you are just ignorant about blizzard games or just really stuffing your nose up Ubisoft's rear but in the sake of the game's future and quality, STOP.

Jobsalot
03-17-2017, 02:09 PM
If it needs to be like Overwatch in the regards that user communication becomes better, I wholeheartedly agree. There is still plenty of room to develop that and it should happen because it is very important. They have started working on it at least and I hope they further stick to it and become better. The warrior's den stream is a start as well as the announcements on the forums and official sites, now it only needs to happen more frequently and focus on the difficult issues.

Apaolo_
03-17-2017, 03:51 PM
I've spent around 100€ on lootboxes in overwatch. Why? Because I like supporting good games, that keep being fun for me for many hours, I can actually play it without getting dropped every other match, we get constant updates, balance patches, reworks, events. This Steel system is so greedily designed that I refuse to ever use a cent on it.
The game is polished, it clicks. It doesnt have half-arsed systems with terrible design like the faction "war" and the terribly designed feat and gearscore systems.

I had to quote this section because it's so damn spot on. I've spent plenty of money on loot boxes in Overwatch and I've gotten the skins I want. The system in this game is so over the top greedy I refuse to buy anything from them. I'd love the emotes but they're so damn expensive. I play a few hours a night I'll never be able to afford them and it sucks.