PDA

View Full Version : Dodging, spam attacks and throwing

LickMyLemons257
03-16-2017, 02:35 PM
So i am currently playing on PlayStation rep 8 Nobushi. i just wanted some help with a couple of things.

1. kensei's over the top dodging for tho who played with/against him you know what i mean its easily blocked but it makes him next to impossible to hit unless i use a gaurd break or get lucky. now i am not saying its op cos its not really i just parry it and carry on from there but i want so advice on how to better avoid that.

2. PK(PeaceKeepers) and her insanely fast dodge and ability to just run way all the time when they get low on health. i play a lot of skirmish and i really enjoy in unless i am up against 3 PK i mean fighting one that just holds there dodge button down is hard enough but fighting 3 of them at a time just hurts especially when you get them all down to low HP so they just ran away get a load of power ups and come back and f you. the only way i deal with a PK is just guard break which i know is a noob way too play but i just cant deal with the players that are good with them as Nobushi

3. Berserkers and Orochsi, there ability to dodge attack such as i go for an attack and they dodge and attack at the same time (no i don't mean the parry kind) again for those who play this game alot you know what i mean. i can just sit there and not attack them but i don't like to do that i just wanna get in there and they also lose no stamina doing it.

4.lawbringers and Berserkers(again) so for those who dont know lawbringer does not need a buff like some people say you just need to learn how too be a massive dik with him which is actually quite easy firstly the pushing that you cannot avoid, the amount of times i get spammed with that thing is ridiculous you can stand there hitting him while he does it and it will do nothing it will carry on with the push and then while stunned he will attack and then repeat. yes you can just dodge out of the way then hes easy to kill yes but if he gets you in a corner youre dead straight up. and the same with the Berskerker the spam of the light attacks without losing any stamina is just wtf.

5. raiders, warlords and lawbringers(again) the hole thing i have with theses ones and the throwing distance i have been aginest all if these with maxed out throwing distances and my god i dont think i could be carried half way across the map before the fact that all these heroes do is throw you of anything to kill you is so unhonourable it hurts such as getting any of these people low on hp for them too judt pick you of and take you too a cliff and throw you off i mean countering a guard break is hard enough but the fact if you let one get you youre dead

I think that was mostly everything, i am not saying all of theses heroes are not easy to fight because most of them are and i am not saying that any heroes that i havent listed dont have things that annoy me and yes i know Nobushi is also very annoying to play against. please leave some suggestions and stuff that annoys you or how you deal with things like this :)

Blasto95
03-16-2017, 02:42 PM
2. PK(PeaceKeepers) and her insanely fast dodge and ability to just run way all the time when they get low on health. i play a lot of skirmish and i really enjoy in unless i am up against 3 PK i mean fighting one that just holds there dodge button down is hard enough but fighting 3 of them at a time just hurts especially when you get them all down to low HP so they just ran away get a load of power ups and come back and f you. the only way i deal with a PK is just guard break which i know is a noob way too play but i just cant deal with the players that are good with them as Nobushi

You are doing it right! As a PK main who dodges a fair amount, you get a free GB if we are attempting to dodge and it really messes us up if you do it more than once. We have to consider every time we dodge that you may GB. But the key for Nobushi vs PK is distance. Keep your guard up top and to the left if she approaches you. Other than a jumping stab, zone attack, or a raw guard break, there is nothing she can do to open you up, especially if you're keeping a fair amount of distance.

Bonarmaximus
03-16-2017, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=LickMyLemons257;12462384]So i am currently playing on PlayStation rep 8 Nobushi. i just wanted some help with a couple of things.

1. kensei's over the top dodging for tho who played with/against him you know what i mean its easily blocked but it makes him next to impossible to hit unless i use a gaurd break or get lucky. now i am not saying its op cos its not really i just parry it and carry on from there but i want so advice on how to better avoid that.

3. Berserkers and Orochsi, there ability to dodge attack such as i go for an attack and they dodge and attack at the same time (no i don't mean the parry kind) again for those who play this game alot you know what i mean. i can just sit there and not attack them but i don't like to do that i just wanna get in there and they also lose no stamina doing it.

4.lawbringers and Berserkers(again) so for those who dont know lawbringer does not need a buff like some people say you just need to learn how too be a massive dik with him which is actually quite easy firstly the pushing that you cannot avoid, the amount of times i get spammed with that thing is ridiculous you can stand there hitting him while he does it and it will do nothing it will carry on with the push and then while stunned he will attack and then repeat. yes you can just dodge out of the way then hes easy to kill yes but if he gets you in a corner youre dead straight up. and the same with the Berskerker the spam of the light attacks without losing any stamina is just wtf.

5. raiders, warlords and lawbringers(again) the hole thing i have with theses ones and the throwing distance i have been aginest all if these with maxed out throwing distances and my god i dont think i could be carried half way across the map before the fact that all these heroes do is throw you of anything to kill you is so unhonourable it hurts such as getting any of these people low on hp for them too judt pick you of and take you too a cliff and throw you off i mean countering a guard break is hard enough but the fact if you let one get you youre dead

I think that was mostly everything, i am not saying all of theses heroes are not easy to fight because most of them are and i am not saying that any heroes that i havent listed dont have things that annoy me and yes i know Nobushi is also very annoying to play against. please leave some suggestions and stuff that annoys you or how you deal with things like this :)[/QUOTE

Yeah, simple fix for me is get rid of the unblockables and throwing, its become a unblockable spam and throw game, instead of a sword fighting game, or at least seriously nerf those mechanics. they could add more plains of blocking, so include the diagonals, so the 3 become 7 would make the game much harder but more blanced, also would add new ways to attack, i.e the constant dodgers would be meet by a horizontal attack, only something you can do with a zone attack at the moment.

just my 2 cents worth.

LickMyLemons257
03-16-2017, 02:53 PM
You are doing it right! As a PK main who dodges a fair amount, you get a free GB if we are attempting to dodge and it really messes us up if you do it more than once. We have to consider every time we dodge that you may GB. But the key for Nobushi vs PK is distance. Keep your guard up top and to the left if she approaches you. Other than a jumping stab, zone attack, or a raw guard break, there is nothing she can do to open you up, especially if you're keeping a fair amount of distance.

very true but the lunge closes the distances instantly which makes it hard to get away from her as much as its easy to block Nobushi losing i bit of momentum and is open to a GB and also light attacks and if the play is good they will not let you keep the distance for more than a couple of seconds. ehich im sure you know being a PK main youj want to keep close

LickMyLemons257
03-16-2017, 03:01 PM
Yeah, simple fix for me is get rid of the unblockables and throwing, its become a unblockable spam and throw game, instead of a sword fighting game, or at least seriously nerf those mechanics. they could add more plains of blocking, so include the diagonals, so the 3 become 7 would make the game much harder but more blanced, also would add new ways to attack, i.e the constant dodgers would be meet by a horizontal attack, only something you can do with a zone attack at the moment.

just my 2 cents worth.

Good idea but i dont think 7 would be a good idea for blocking wise if you see my point but i would like too see some more attacks and things like thank ty :)

secrecy274
03-16-2017, 04:01 PM
Eh, what?
The Shove does no damage, doesn't guarantee any follow-up of any kind and doesn't lead to a wallstun. He's in fact so slow a light attack from you straight after a Shove will hit him before his light attack will hit you. To not even speak of how easy it is to CGB him if he tries a GB. Oh and you play Nobushi, who in fact outrange the Lawbringer as well, do you know how many times I've parried and used a Blind Justice on her only for her to walk, WALK, not dodge, WALK backwards out of reach.

As for Ledge kills, you screwed up, only a handful of Heroes can do ridiculous throws, he's not one of them. He have four options to throw you of a ledge, however:
1) His throws have decent range, yet GB are easily countered,
2) Impaling Charge, very telegraphed, slow, easily avoidable and not (easily) aimable,
3) Impaling Ripose, can only be activated by a Parry, however is still Blockable, very telegraphed and, you guessed it, slow.
4) The Long Arm, well... what can I say, it's slow, telegraphed and he has to stand with his back towards a drop, at very ledge, meaning any stagger will most likely knock him off.

Need I go on?

LickMyLemons257
03-16-2017, 04:24 PM
Eh, what?
The Shove does no damage, doesn't guarantee any follow-up of any kind and doesn't lead to a wallstun. He's in fact so slow a light attack from you straight after a Shove will hit him before his light attack will hit you. To not even speak of how easy it is to CGB him if he tries a GB. Oh and you play Nobushi, who in fact outrange the Lawbringer as well, do you know how many times I've parried and used a Blind Justice on her only for her to walk, WALK, not dodge, WALK backwards out of reach.

As for Ledge kills, you screwed up, only a handful of Heroes can do ridiculous throws, he's not one of them. He have four options to throw you of a ledge, however:
1) His throws have decent range, yet GB are easily countered,
2) Impaling Charge, very telegraphed, slow, easily avoidable and not (easily) aimable,
3) Impaling Ripose, can only be activated by a Parry, however is still Blockable, very telegraphed and, you guessed it, slow.
4) The Long Arm, well... what can I say, it's slow, telegraphed and he has to stand with his back towards a drop, at very ledge, meaning any stagger will most likely knock him off.

Need I go on?

for one i never said the shove did any damage, and it does acutally wall stun which even tho his light attack maybe slow can do a light attack without a chance of a block. now if it was out in the open lawbringer is one of the easier heroes too beat because he is slow agreed on that part. as for ledge kills the GB is mostly the same for all heroes so point one is invalided, point two easily avoidable IF its a 1v1 and like i stated i play a lot of skirmish as soon as its not a 1v1 it doesnt matter if its hard too aim he can just run away come back and impale in any direction same with raider. the impaling ripose i have to agree with you it complete **** tbh way too slow and as for the long arm that is just so get someone on the floor not for cliff kills.

Ty for your input

Edit:i believed that they the shove stunned on wall impact when is acutally doesnt (sorry about that)

Sincerity117
03-16-2017, 07:25 PM
I would suggest actually playing all the classes you have mentioned you have issues with so you can better understand their strengths and weaknesses. For example, you said beserker light attack spamming and that's not what they do. Beserkers initiate an infinite chain by connecting with a light, then a heavy, then a light, and a heavy and so on. However, to break this chain and gb them you simply just block the light attack in that combo. And as for fighting any assassin goes especially as a character with range like the nobushi, you want to bait them into being aggressive towards you and not play into their game of counter striking. You want to interrupt their rhythm with well placed guard breaks, parries, and ranged counter attacks of your own.

LickMyLemons257
03-16-2017, 08:59 PM
I would suggest actually playing all the classes you have mentioned you have issues with so you can better understand their strengths and weaknesses. For example, you said beserker light attack spamming and that's not what they do. Beserkers initiate an infinite chain by connecting with a light, then a heavy, then a light, and a heavy and so on. However, to break this chain and gb them you simply just block the light attack in that combo. And as for fighting any assassin goes especially as a character with range like the nobushi, you want to bait them into being aggressive towards you and not play into their game of counter striking. You want to interrupt their rhythm with well placed guard breaks, parries, and ranged counter attacks of your own.

i have play with every class mentioned and i do understand the strengths and weaknesses like i made it clear. the Beserkers infinite chain attack isnt a problem unless you stuck near a wall which, if you good, should be an issue anyway. i am simpling stating some things that are a bit unbalanced in the game, i can list a thing that annoys me with every hero just a good Beserker annoys me

Ty for your input.

Sincerity117
03-16-2017, 09:17 PM
Yea I understand. I think with every class there's always going to be that one other class that kinda counters your character's playstyle. Like I used to main warden when the game first came out and I absolutely hated the orochi, but now I main Kensei and I tear orochi's to pieces and most other classes except for a good conqueror or warlord but even with them I just bait the headbutt and shield bash the whole time and counter with light attacks. I think the best thing about the nobushi that I see them expend on is that her range is really misleading at times

LickMyLemons257
03-16-2017, 09:26 PM
Yea I understand. I think with every class there's always going to be that one other class that kinda counters your character's playstyle. Like I used to main warden when the game first came out and I absolutely hated the orochi, but now I main Kensei and I tear orochi's to pieces and most other classes except for a good conqueror or warlord but even with them I just bait the headbutt and shield bash the whole time and counter with light attacks. I think the best thing about the nobushi that I see them expend on is that her range is really misleading at times

the conquerors combo and that powerful defence makes him a very hard hero too face. hes just very slow and easy to parry and for the warlord when i play as him i found it very easy to counter attack and be very agressive towards other players and with a strong defence he can be a hard hero to face but hes less annoying as people dont really know how to use him well

Zv1k0
03-16-2017, 09:35 PM
You are saying how you understand every character you have a problem with but yet you have a problem...which means you have a problem with basics. If you cant deal with dodge attacks than there is nothing else to say bit git gud. These attacks are easiest to parry and if they use it on you a lot well how about baiting them into it by feinting? I guess you dont know what feints are?

Raider, Lawbringer...you mentioned all the characters who if anything need a buff. Except PK which is op just because of the zone attack thing showing 2 arrows...

Gojema
03-16-2017, 09:42 PM
When people talk about balance they usually think about 1on1s on high skill level. And nothing you wrote is about 1on1 on high skill level.

Zv1k0
03-16-2017, 09:43 PM
When people talk about balance they usually think about 1on1s on high skill level. And nothing you wrote is about 1on1 on high skill level.

Yes. Thats way better reply than my..

LickMyLemons257
03-16-2017, 09:56 PM
You are saying how you understand every character you have a problem with but yet you have a problem...which means you have a problem with basics. If you cant deal with dodge attacks than there is nothing else to say bit git gud. These attacks are easiest to parry and if they use it on you a lot well how about baiting them into it by feinting? I guess you dont know what feints are?

Raider, Lawbringer...you mentioned all the characters who if anything need a buff. Except PK which is op just because of the zone attack thing showing 2 arrows...

did you actually read all of it or are you just picking parts here, ever character in the game has something that they can expolit to make them annoying i simply just listed some of the things that annoy me and too just say "git gud" is childish. yes i do know how too feint who doesnt why is that even a point?

and you thing raider and lawbringer been a buff, in what way do they need a buff not joking i actaully want too know your input on that

and for the PKs zone attack its pretty easy too counter maybe you should just git gud

LickMyLemons257
03-16-2017, 09:59 PM

i dont do 1v1 often i like to get in a fight instead of just standing around for long so this isnt about balancing heroes its the exploits that some people use while playing as them

Zv1k0
03-16-2017, 11:05 PM
did you actually read all of it or are you just picking parts here, ever character in the game has something that they can expolit to make them annoying i simply just listed some of the things that annoy me and too just say "git gud" is childish. yes i do know how too feint who doesnt why is that even a point?

and you thing raider and lawbringer been a buff, in what way do they need a buff not joking i actaully want too know your input on that

and for the PKs zone attack its pretty easy too counter maybe you should just git gud

Then what is the purpose of this thread? Just curious...

Why lb and raider need a buff? Isnt it obvious? Have you seen any of them in high level? In tourneys? No because they dont have tools to work with...what can raider do to open someone up other then zone attack? Even that gets parried if he lets it go. And after gb is only thing he gets and its damage sucks.
LB is even worse. What will he do? Spam his bash? His slow attacks? He is only good in 4v4s when he flips someone over and over again while teammates deal damage. If we are talking about balance than its either buff this guys or nerf famous "top five". And like someone above me said, if they balance anything they will balance it for high level 1v1s.

lucasnrachel
03-16-2017, 11:10 PM

It would be a huge mistake not to address feats and balance them as well. They also need to address that the majority of players like to play as teams it's just numbers. If they have to do rebalancing of heros for dual/brawls and then for everything else so be it.

Someone made a post saying we are are playing 2 different games. One for the dualists and then the others. Of course there are some from each camp that play everything and just don't care.
Id love a game with heros that are equal but different, every character can be parryied, interrupted and use their advantages like intended . Some at this point can not and Ubisoft needs to get a team on it. 2 months after release with how they are planning on doing bugs is not unrealistic. If they can't get a team then they need to ask for a group of 600 volunteers in a sandbox environment with at least 15 of each character on each platform. Each tester promise to put in X amount of hours between promised hours. In exchange Ubisoft gives these testers season pass and they test your new characters to.

LickMyLemons257
03-16-2017, 11:33 PM
Then what is the purpose of this thread? Just curious...

Why lb and raider need a buff? Isnt it obvious? Have you seen any of them in high level? In tourneys? No because they dont have tools to work with...what can raider do to open someone up other then zone attack? Even that gets parried if he lets it go. And after gb is only thing he gets and its damage sucks.
LB is even worse. What will he do? Spam his bash? His slow attacks? He is only good in 4v4s when he flips someone over and over again while teammates deal damage. If we are talking about balance than its either buff this guys or nerf famous "top five". And like someone above me said, if they balance anything they will balance it for high level 1v1s.

first of yes i have seen them many times and they are good players just because you cant play with them doesnt mean they need a buff. i will agree with you on the fact that raiders light attack is terrible and needs too do more damage and the lawbringer is so slow but still i made it clear that i mainly play Skirmish and this was too do with 4v4 and not 1v1. i agree with you on the fact that they are both terrible at 1v1