PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki: how to play and counter(for people who dont know at all how to fight him)

bramboforce
03-16-2017, 02:28 PM
As shugoki main i know most people hate him. I dont say that its not true that he is a bit overpowered. But in most cases my enemies didnt know how to fight him at all.
HOW TO COUNTER:
STEP1- As with most other heroes dont get close to walls. If he guard breaks you near them you basically lost 4 health (when he uses charged heavy attack after hug of oni) bars and he gained 2 health bars.When shugoki throws you to
wall he usually goes for hug of oni which i will say counter for in next step. Or learn to counter guard breaks which wont help you sometimes because shugoki has kinda buged guard break so you wont be able to counter it sometimes.
STEP2-HUG OF ONI. As i said previously this will damage you for 2 health bars and he will get 2 health bars. Many people try to stop hug of oni with light attack and fail. Reason for that is his feat called HEAVY ARMOR. This ability grants him not to get interupted with your first attack(charge guard break etc.) with first hit heavy armor will be destroyed for short amount of time. When his heavy armor regenerates he shines and gets it back no matter how many times you hit him during that time without it. Most shugoki players chain
charged heavy attack after hug of oni which is unblockable and if chained with hug of oni unparriable. Solution: dodge. Its probably only reliable way to dodge hug of oni. If shugoki
misses hug of oni he will lose 2 health bars but he cannot die this way. Only little amount of health will be left to him after he misses when he has two health bars but he wont die.
Also when shugoki has critical amount of health(less than one health bar) his hug of oni will insta kill you and heal him for about 4 health bars. This can be dodged or shugoki can
be killed before he hits you.
STEP3-HEADBUTT Headbutt is combo that can be used only after succeful light or heavy hit(not charged heavy) This will drain half of your stamina kick you back and stun you.
If shugoki performs two headbutts in row your stamina will be drained completely. Only logical way to block this is block his attacks or dodge them or parry them. I know that i probably didnt help you much with this one but thats only way i know to prevent this.
STEP4-DEMON BALL Shugoki can perform this after succesful guard break and is undodgeable or blockable heavy attack. This attack will also throw you back for great distance.
this is used mostly to throw people of cliffs.
HOW TO PLAY:
STEP1-After every hit perform headbutt to stun and take half of your oponents stamina
STEP2-Dont spam hug of oni. Hug of oni is very easy to dodge and will drain your health if misses. Use it if you have critical amount of health and your oponents health is nearly full or very high. At such point you cant lose anything and this attack will one shot your enemy and give you back 4 health bars. Dont use hug of oni while 2v1. It takes while to charge and use hug of oni and at such point two enemies will break your heavy armor and kill you. Even if you land hug of oni you still will lose great ammount of health because your enemy will kill you while you are hugging their ally. In 2v1 use charged heavy. This also takes time to charge and has great chance to fail but if you use it from sides it will count as zone attack to hit both of your enemies for great ammount of damage.
STEP3-GEAR As shugoki you can go for any stats you want but i find damage the best. With revenge max damage and charged attack you can kill heroes with smaller health(assasins valkyrie etc). Damage is your main priority and after getting damage as high as possible max any stat you want.Revenge stats may be best for 2v1.
STEP4-1V1 In 1v1 dont use charged heavy much. Its quite easy to parry or dodge and after missing it you cant move or block for 1sec. Be careful not to miss heavy attacks
and light attacks. This of course applies for every hero but shugoki cant move for about 1/2 a second after missing heavy and little bit less after light. Shugoki is most fit for dominion and his counters are any fast heroes. Only after mastering him and his combos and moves you should focus more on 1v1 2v2 and 4v4. Dont forget that shugoki is probably slowest hero to move. so dont count on helping your team in 4v4. In dominion you should also stand on one point and defend it.
If this basic guide help you to play or counter shugoki write down in comments. (Also i know that my have made few grammar mistakes beacause english isnt my primal language but i tried)
Gl hf.

LickMyLemons257
03-16-2017, 02:39 PM
very good advice thanks :)

Pope138
03-16-2017, 04:15 PM
Any warlords have tips on how to counter shugoki hugs? Warlord's have a pretty horrible dodge.

LickMyLemons257
03-16-2017, 04:32 PM
Any warlords have tips on how to counter shugoki hugs? Warlord's have a pretty horrible dodge.

any dodge roll will counter it if you quick enough

Pope138
03-16-2017, 04:35 PM
any dodge roll will counter it if you quick enough

Dodge rolls are what I've been doing but I was hoping another warlord that has mastered dodging shug-hugs could help me out. The problem with dodge rolling is most of the time when you get back on your feet you're out of range for a heavy,

LickMyLemons257
03-16-2017, 04:53 PM
Dodge rolls are what I've been doing but I was hoping another warlord that has mastered dodging shug-hugs could help me out. The problem with dodge rolling is most of the time when you get back on your feet you're out of range for a heavy,

well like you said warlord isnt good a dodging and unless you can get 2 hits on him before he grabs you your ****ed tbh but uf he misses hes ****ed because of the hp he loses

BGEEZY1982medic
03-16-2017, 04:58 PM
Shugoku is such a cheap character to use, power armor is just stupid, cant pick em up, cant leg sweep em, get 2 on a team n side by side, just unstoppable, needs a buffet asap, almost instantly with 1 grab, just rediculous

LickMyLemons257
03-16-2017, 05:11 PM
Shugoku is such a cheap character to use, power armor is just stupid, cant pick em up, cant leg sweep em, get 2 on a team n side by side, just unstoppable, needs a buffet asap, almost instantly with 1 grab, just rediculous

i disagree hes slow losing a lot of stamina per attack easy to parry and hes clumsy. he maybe tanky but hes not good hes like a turtle with a butter knife tuff but ****

ShadowFetus
03-16-2017, 05:14 PM
Nice write up :)

bramboforce
03-16-2017, 05:22 PM

I agree that he needs nerf but now as he is he is ok to play against if you know tricks to kill him
I did 1v1 against with valkyrie that i dont play at all and i got him and by luck

bramboforce
03-16-2017, 05:23 PM
Nice write up :)

Thanks it took me some time but if it helped anybody to counter shugoki it was worth it :)

Operch
03-16-2017, 06:52 PM
I agree that he needs nerf but now as he is he is ok to play against if you know tricks to kill him
I did 1v1 against with valkyrie that i dont play at all and i got him and by luck

Shugoki isn't overpowered at all. He just has weird mechanics that can do some things that other characters can't. He pays for that with a very small skillset and by being slower than a sloth. His attacks are all easily parried and as long as you stay on your toes when he's low on health you don't have to worry about the hug too much.

bramboforce
03-16-2017, 06:55 PM
Shugoki isn't overpowered at all. He just has weird mechanics that can do some things that other characters can't. He pays for that with a very small skillset and by being slower than a sloth. His attacks are all easily parried and as long as you stay on your toes when he's low on health you don't have to worry about the hug too much.

Exactly what i meant to say by this thread. That if you know his attacks and combos he is basically ****ed.