PDA

View Full Version : Valk - OVER NERFED SHIELD TACKLE FULL BLOCK

Duuklah
03-16-2017, 06:58 AM
In duels you may as well NEVER use this ability EVERY.

Huge liability which can be punished SOOO HEAVILY..

What a waste....

Ruined valk and removed her from high end play.

NICE JOB MORONS!!!!

Vrbas1
03-16-2017, 07:43 AM
You're joking right?

.... surely you're joking.

Turric4n666
03-16-2017, 08:11 AM
Agreed. Ability is high risk low reward.

bananaflow2017
03-16-2017, 09:01 AM
Yes in 1v1 the ability became very weak.
But overall the valk feels very strong for me. The shield tackle now feels more like a tool to take out ppl in grp fights.
Mayve it's just my feeling but now its impossible to turtle during chains. Before the patch this was possible. Now only the conq and rhe wl can do this.

Ichnich89
03-16-2017, 10:32 AM
Well. The last time I used both the shield tackle and the full guard shield tackle it worked fine. Every dashing attack should have a counter. If they dodge you, you have a bad timing and use it wrong.
Learn how your opponents fight and adapt.

bramboforce
03-16-2017, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=Duuklah;12461286]In duels you may as well NEVER use this ability EVERY.

This was meant to be used as fast block and counter combo. Its your own problem that you cant use it. Its abolutely usable and useful. And you can change it into top light which will confuse your enemies(not always they are not that dumb sometiems)

Duuklah
03-16-2017, 10:40 AM
The risk is huge and the reward is light. you take zero dmg from this ability and its easily dodged. Its used to set up the sweep which is EASILY dodged!!

Before there was counter play around this ability. Now using it is like a joke in a duel and all you ever do is cancel it..

Duuklah
03-16-2017, 10:43 AM
The risk is huge and the reward is light. you take zero dmg from this ability and its easily dodged. Its used to set up the sweep which is EASILY dodged!!

Before there was counter play around this ability. Now using it is like a joke in a duel and all you ever do is cancel it..

Turric4n666
03-16-2017, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=Duuklah;12461286]In duels you may as well NEVER use this ability EVERY.

This was meant to be used as fast block and counter combo. Its your own problem that you cant use it. Its abolutely usable and useful. And you can change it into top light which will confuse your enemies(not always they are not that dumb sometiems)

You can dodge it on reaction only. There is no way you hit a component player with it.
Dodge counters both the shield and the lunge attack, so there is no way a opponent should get confused. You can gb the start of it and you can gb the shield bash with a bit of luck.

Its not usable on reaction anymore because they added 0.2seconds to its windup time.

Ichnich89
03-16-2017, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=bramboforce;12461706]

You can dodge it on reaction only. There is no way you hit a component player with it.
Dodge counters both the shield and the lunge attack, so there is no way a opponent should get confused. You can gb the start of it and you can gb the shield bash with a bit of luck.

Its not usable on reaction anymore because they added 0.2seconds to its windup time.

I still use it for reactionary blocking into a shield bash. It works. You just need to know when to do it and against whom.

Vrbas1
03-16-2017, 03:38 PM
The thing is like a ****ing heat seeking missile, it follows me wherever I dodge. Not to mention it's range feels like it covers the distance of the raiders throw. The only way out of it is to roll backwards a few times at the cost of a chunk of stamina.

kfcheungyta
03-16-2017, 03:42 PM
The thing is like a ****ing heat seeking missile, it follows me wherever I dodge. Not to mention it's range feels like it covers the distance of the raiders throw. The only way out of it is to roll backwards a few times at the cost of a chunk of stamina.

I can't even get away most of the times no matter how hard i try. It's too OP.

Knight_Gregor
03-16-2017, 07:29 PM
Don't most Valks use their shield tackle after cancelling from an attack anyway? It seems like that's much harder to dodge than from the full block stance.

Aiva_Kami
03-16-2017, 07:47 PM
Don't most Valks use their shield tackle after cancelling from an attack anyway? It seems like that's much harder to dodge than from the full block stance.

No they don't and here is why. The valkyrie has two shield attacks, one is shield crush can be used after a heavy attack. It can also be used to cancel a heavy attack and this is what sets up for the sweep combos.

Shield Tackle is a different move and is used to activate the all block after some delay now with the adjustment, it also has the ability to be canceled into a pouncing thrust. Its supposed to have the ability to be canceled into a gaurdbreak however that doesnt work. The other alternative to canceling the ability is to dodge. But it is not the same move as Shield crush like quite a few seem to think and the two moves do not share the same properties.

And a shield tackle miss also leaves the valkyrie in a very long recovery.

Knight_Gregor
03-16-2017, 08:40 PM
No they don't and here is why. The valkyrie has two shield attacks, one is shield crush can be used after a heavy attack. It can also be used to cancel a heavy attack and this is what sets up for the sweep combos.

Shield Tackle is a different move and is used to activate the all block after some delay now with the adjustment, it also has the ability to be canceled into a pouncing thrust. Its supposed to have the ability to be canceled into a gaurdbreak however that doesnt work. The other alternative to canceling the ability is to dodge. But it is not the same move as Shield crush like quite a few seem to think and the two moves do not share the same properties.

And a shield tackle miss also leaves the valkyrie in a very long recovery.

I see. The "Shield crush," then is the one that I see most Valks using. As far as cancelling into a guard break. I'm of the mindset that no move should have that ability (Warden included) due to how easily a missed guard break counter can mean your end.

Anyway. My mistake. Carry on.

Duuklah
03-16-2017, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=Turric4n666;12461751]

I still use it for reactionary blocking into a shield bash. It works. You just need to know when to do it and against whom.

So when to do it - MAYBE in the wind up from a heavy

Against whom - The biggest noob on earth

Any competent player will punish you heavily for using this.