PDA

View Full Version : I'm Out...Thanks Ubi...

FightingFerrets
03-16-2017, 12:34 AM
First off, thanks for a great game concept. It's a great idea with a ton of potential.

But I'm done...six straight 6000037 disconnects. 3 in matches that are just about to be won, 2 just as a match starts, and one random one in the middle. You have my money. Good on you. But you'll never get another cent. I want to buy steel, I want to buy as Season Pass....hell I just want to play your damn game but it won't let me. I don't need the aggravation in my life, games are supposed to be a destressor, not another layer of frustration.

So I'm out...congrats, you sucked me in with your brilliant concept and kindergarten like execution. Fool me once, shame on you...I'm off to give the money I wanted to give you in the form of steel and season's pass purchase to Horizon Zero Dawn. I hear that game actually works.

TCTF_SWAT
03-16-2017, 12:36 AM
The D/C's are still out of control. Getting more and more annoying as the days pass unfortunately......

Eddeh07
03-16-2017, 12:50 AM
The thing I still haven't come to terms with is how much people assume gear stats will automatically reflect the skill level of the people on the field. I see a lot of D/C's immediately as the game starts if there's an imbalance of gear stats in the loading screen, but more often than not it doesn't reflect how the game is likely to play out.

Maybe I'm just not leveled enough yet to feel the sting of gear stats that people complain about, but I have to assume that there's more behind the matchmaking than simply what you're wearing. Rarely have I encountered 108's who are so above the rest of us that it's impossible to get a single kill, and often have I found lower geared players who can tear through me in seconds.

Especially if I end up in a round with "strict" player level matchmaking, I generally find that the reason I'm playing those 108s is because they aren't as sharp as the threads they're donning.

...Or maybe I'm just luckier than some with my matchmaking?

Bob__Gnarly
03-16-2017, 01:31 AM
The thing I still haven't come to terms with is how much people assume gear stats will automatically reflect the skill level of the people on the field. I see a lot of D/C's immediately as the game starts if there's an imbalance of gear stats in the loading screen, but more often than not it doesn't reflect how the game is likely to play out.

Maybe I'm just not leveled enough yet to feel the sting of gear stats that people complain about, but I have to assume that there's more behind the matchmaking than simply what you're wearing. Rarely have I encountered 108's who are so above the rest of us that it's impossible to get a single kill, and often have I found lower geared players who can tear through me in seconds.

Especially if I end up in a round with "strict" player level matchmaking, I generally find that the reason I'm playing those 108s is because they aren't as sharp as the threads they're donning.

...Or maybe I'm just luckier than some with my matchmaking?

Matchmaking by skill, at least in 4v4 is non-existent. It's rare that I'll be placed in an even match, when it does happen, I put it down to pure coincidence and luck, definitely do not credit Ubi for it. The only thing matchmaking does is try to find a match to chuck you in, any match available. To be honest, it even struggles doing that.

I see 108s that dominated matches all the time, including myself. It's not fun for me and it's not fun for everyone else. I understand why some rage quit and it wouldn't bother me so much if the game didn't boot everyone out when it happens.

Eddeh07
03-16-2017, 01:53 AM
Matchmaking by skill, at least in 4v4 is non-existent. It's rare that I'll be placed in an even match, when it does happen, I put it down to pure coincidence and luck, definitely do not credit Ubi for it. The only thing matchmaking does is try to find a match to chuck you in, any match available. To be honest, it even struggles doing that.

I see 108s that dominated matches all the time, including myself. It's not fun for me and it's not fun for everyone else. I understand why some rage quit and it wouldn't bother me so much if the game didn't boot everyone out when it happens.

Out of curiosity, what level are you? I keep feeling the need to come to the defense somewhat of the matchmaking, because my experience doesn't seem to feel as imbalanced as a lot of people are saying. I'm worried though that it's because I haven't landed at a high enough tier yet, and all of these frustrations are about to suddenly land in my lap!

Bob__Gnarly
03-16-2017, 02:12 AM
Out of curiosity, what level are you? I keep feeling the need to come to the defense somewhat of the matchmaking, because my experience doesn't seem to feel as imbalanced as a lot of people are saying. I'm worried though that it's because I haven't landed at a high enough tier yet, and all of these frustrations are about to suddenly land in my lap!

My main is prestige 10. I'll give you a couple examples of what I saw this morning, which is my typical experience.

1st game of Elimination:
My team: Me prestige 10 (max gear), another prestige 10 (max gear), a prestige 8 (max gear) and a prestige 1 or something.
Other team: All below prestige 2, obviously none with max gear.

2nd Elimination match:
My team: Me prestige 10 (max gear), everyone else below prestige 2.
Other team: All prestige 1 or below.

Fun times, other team completely destroyed. The 2nd match everyone dropped except for me, because someone rage quit.

Eddeh07
03-16-2017, 02:23 AM
My main is prestige 10. I'll give you a couple examples of what I saw this morning, which is my typical experience.

1st game of Elimination:
My team: Me prestige 10 (max gear), another prestige 10 (max gear), a prestige 8 (max gear) and a prestige 1 or something.
Other team: All below prestige 2, obviously none with max gear.

2nd Elimination match:
My team: Me prestige 10 (max gear), everyone else below prestige 2.
Other team: All prestige 1 or below.

Fun times, other team completely destroyed. The 2nd match everyone dropped except for me, because someone rage quit.

Oof! Sounds rough, sorry to hear that. I'm only prestige 2 with my main at around 30-40 something gear, and a lot of times I'll see people drop if a 108 appears on the opposition. Still though, for the most part the game stays manageable, so I figured something deeper was happening to the matchmaking. Your comment worries me about the near future if I keep leveling though.

Would it help any if level/gear stats weren't displayed in the loading screen? Or is that just going to delay drop outs?.... and did I just answer my own question there?!

Bob__Gnarly
03-16-2017, 03:22 AM
Oof! Sounds rough, sorry to hear that. I'm only prestige 2 with my main at around 30-40 something gear, and a lot of times I'll see people drop if a 108 appears on the opposition. Still though, for the most part the game stays manageable, so I figured something deeper was happening to the matchmaking. Your comment worries me about the near future if I keep leveling though.

Would it help any if level/gear stats weren't displayed in the loading screen? Or is that just going to delay drop outs?.... and did I just answer my own question there?!

Yeah, during the loading screens I see people complain about unbalanced teams all the time and as soon as it starts, someone will drop out causing a re-sync and a possible match crash for everyone. This happens far too often.

I've seen people suggest that teams should be balanced around your chosen class's level, not your overall prestige. This would help with people leveling alts at least. The most obvious fix in my mind, would just be to balance based off your class win/loss ratio. So if you win a lot and have a high K/D ratio, you get match with similar players and vice versa.

gust81
03-16-2017, 03:58 AM
I'm In the same boat as well, after a long day of work I would like to enjoy the little time that I have to play this game but especially the last few nights it has been getting out of hand with the disconnects. Ubisoft already has all of our money and shame on us for thinking they would put forth more of an effort to succeed but all I'm seeing at this point is a game with a great concept that is going to be left at the wayside. I just noticed today under the social tab u can't see how many people are playing anymore I wonder why that is. You guys **** the bed on this one with this p2p garbage instead of spending the extra on some dedicated servers wtf is it 2001 again or what.

Eddeh07
03-16-2017, 04:35 AM
I've seen people suggest that teams should be balanced around your chosen class's level, not your overall prestige. This would help with people leveling alts at least. The most obvious fix in my mind, would just be to balance based off your class win/loss ratio. So if you win a lot and have a high K/D ratio, you get match with similar players and vice versa.

You're definitely correct insofar as it's just by design that you get matched up before you choose your class, but I have a feeling something like what you're describing is happening already. Clearly, things seem to be different at higher levels, where I'm learning a lot of the frustrations come from. But I would have to think there is some sort of non publicized "skill" level that we can't see that determines who you get matched with.

I'm not basing this on a particular fact I'm aware of that everyone else isn't or anything like that, but faith that the developers wouldn't have assumed that level = skill. Because NEVER, since the advent of XP based leveling in multiplayer games has level EVER meant skill. The grind is too strong, and bad players will always find their way into the higher echelons of character stats if given the time.

I have to believe (if only for myself) that the programmers were smart enough to base matchmaking on additional qualities than overall prestige/gear/character level. Regardless (even if I'm right in my assumption), I agree, it doesn't fix the difficulty of playing an unfamiliar character if you are considered a high skill level and matched with expert Wardens and Orochi light attack spammers because of your predetermined skill level. However, it MIGHT assume something about your overall ability to know how the game plays, react to the anticipated moves of a particular character, and overall manage how you play the objectives/duels put in front of you.

Plus (and this is something I feel people sometimes forget about), having a full vsAI mode to this game provides an excellent playground whenever you feel like you're behind with a particular play style. Sure, it's no comparison for PvP, but the bots do a pretty stand up job of at least training you in the basics. No?