PDA

View Full Version : What the heck happened to Shugoki???

Aidion72
03-15-2017, 09:35 PM
I've been playing Shugoki everyday for like 2 weeks now grinding out his ranks getting all the awesome gear finally get that sweet sweet 108, Then I log in this morning and my ability to actually fight off a team ganking me for more than 3 seconds is suddenly gone, being unable to mix up my targets with my incredibly slow and incredibly easy to parry attacks has kinda ****ed me for team fights now. I can still walk into duels and win the majority of my matches (**** you nobushi) but why the hell did they nerf him like this? the could remove demon ball and his stupid bear hug for all i care but this really messes up his ability to fight off multiple targets while I'm pretty sure nobushi can still just get revenge and spam her zone to kill a whole team

Knight.Bishop
03-15-2017, 09:51 PM
Uh, there have been no patches for Shugoki buddy.

Aidion72
03-15-2017, 10:06 PM
There was this morning apparently once I booted up my game client (I'm on Xbox) it started loading and checking for updates and in game it downloaded a patch

Aidion72
03-16-2017, 01:43 AM
Still dont know what happened bump

PackingMoney
03-16-2017, 01:45 AM
There was this morning apparently once I booted up my game client (I'm on Xbox) it started loading and checking for updates and in game it downloaded a patch

You got an update, strange I didn't as I am xbox too.

Aidion72
03-16-2017, 01:53 AM

It was a in game patch like when it was first starting up and loading it did a checking for updates thing and installed a patch it wasnt like a normal one but it basically killed shugoki for me in anything other than duels

Gray360UK
03-16-2017, 01:55 AM

If you blinked when the game launched you might have missed it. It was one of their seamless patches that gets implemented just after the 'connecting to servers' part is complete, after your profile is loaded.

Aidion72
03-16-2017, 02:06 AM
If you blinked when the game launched you might have missed it. It was one of their seamless patches that gets implemented just after the 'connecting to servers' part is complete, after your profile is loaded.

Do you know what happened to Shugoki? like why he got nerfed?

Reign
03-16-2017, 02:14 AM
The patch today was only supposed to "increase stability" and deal with the errors people have been getting. Nothing in regards to characters, though a good number of people have been reporting increased lag which could explain fairing better in duel than 3 or 4v1.

Bob__Gnarly
03-16-2017, 02:21 AM
If any character balancing is done, they'll usually release patch notes detailing the changes.

Aidion72
03-16-2017, 02:23 AM
The patch today was only supposed to "increase stability" and deal with the errors people have been getting. Nothing in regards to characters, though a good number of people have been reporting increased lag which could explain fairing better in duel than 3 or 4v1.

Well Shugoki did get a change if anyone who played him frequently will immediately notice and I havent been able to find anything on it

Moondyne_MC
03-16-2017, 02:43 AM
You haven't actually stated what's "changed", just that you can no longer successfully fight off multiple enemies, which might just mean you're fighting intelligent enemies.

lucasnrachel
03-16-2017, 02:49 AM
I usually refrain from saying Nerf or buff anything but the Shugoki negate attack armor that appears to Regen at a reasonable rate plus his high defense and high health pool make his heavy swings that cannot be interrupted​ while other characters can be hit out of theirs. All of these things combined make him seemed not as balanced as some others , is funny you'd call out a Nobushi. I've played as a Shugoki have you played as as a Nobushi? Until you play as that character you really shouldn't say anything.

Even when Shugoki​ has his Armor hit off of him he cannot be hit out of his attacks , all these points with the addition of his exploited un- parryable , why they would fix his hyper armor but not the attack that can't be parryied in the same patch is just silly.

Aidion72
03-16-2017, 02:58 AM

well the patch didnt fix anything and ruined my favorite hero

Aidion72
03-16-2017, 05:45 AM
You haven't actually stated what's "changed", just that you can no longer successfully fight off multiple enemies, which might just mean you're fighting intelligent enemies.

What changed is that he can't change his targets while swinging so if im getting ganked and I thow a heavy out at one person I can pivot to take my second swing at another target he just keeps going for the original target I took the first swing at, I can't start a sideways charged attack and switch to the closer target thats trying to stab me in the back it just swings at the guy in front of me who sees it coming and just backs off while the guy behind me just gets to stab away because for some reason the 360 degree attack just doesnt hit the person behind me because the shugoki steps away from them to hit the first person who is already out of range I have to completely disengage from one target and start up on the second

Aidion72
03-16-2017, 06:11 AM
I usually refrain from saying Nerf or buff anything but the Shugoki negate attack armor that appears to Regen at a reasonable rate plus his high defense and high health pool make his heavy swings that cannot be interrupted​ while other characters can be hit out of theirs. All of these things combined make him seemed not as balanced as some others , is funny you'd call out a Nobushi. I've played as a Shugoki have you played as as a Nobushi? Until you play as that character you really shouldn't say anything.

Even when Shugoki​ has his Armor hit off of him he cannot be hit out of his attacks , all these points with the addition of his exploited un- parryable , why they would fix his hyper armor but not the attack that can't be parried in the same patch is just silly.

Yes I've played nobushi plenty, and you most certainly can knock shugoki out of attacks peace keepers do it constantly he get to get hit once then he's just as interruptible as anyone else and I don't know anything about any exploits for him and as far as I've seen he can be parried just fine I do it a lot when fighting shugoki

lucasnrachel
03-16-2017, 07:28 PM
Yes I've played nobushi plenty, and you most certainly can knock shugoki out of attacks peace keepers do it constantly he get to get hit once then he's just as interruptible as anyone else and I don't know anything about any exploits for him and as far as I've seen he can be parried just fine I do it a lot when fighting shugoki

So then call out the peace keeper , not the Nobushi. Yes there is a well known unparry attack on the Shugoki. It's one attack not his whole kit.

IamheiN
03-16-2017, 08:08 PM
what's the nerf

teksuo1
03-16-2017, 09:12 PM
he was able to do shady stuff by losing focus and now he can't?
sounds like a fix more than anything ;)

PunkPirateAFO
03-16-2017, 09:18 PM
All the update did was add the new combat emotes and some connection things. If it wasnt earlier this week, then this update only fixed the Shugo unparry bug.

Nothing else changed.

Operch
03-16-2017, 09:31 PM
FYI a guard break removes the armor from the Shuggy also.

Dizzy4213
03-16-2017, 09:40 PM
Nothing changed as far as I'm aware. I've been playing Shugoki for quite awhile and he's always had a rough time fighting off a gank. This is due to the extra damage he takes when his stance is removed. I'm not sure what the exact percentage is, but it almost feels like I take double the damage. Even though Shugoki has a 160HP, it's hard to call him a tank. His Hard to Kill Feat doesn't even do anything until he's at 100HP. Meanwhile, the Warlord is like a raid boss compared to everyone else.

Deadly: 15% damage increase.
Flesh Wound: 25% damage reduction.
Tough as Nails: +35 HP

With this alone he has a staggering 233EHP. This isn't even factoring in max defence gear either. He also doesn't take extra damage like Shugoki. Oh and let's not forget his self-revive.

I see a lot of complaints about gear balance but nobody ever seems to want to talk about feat balance.

DrExtrem
03-16-2017, 09:51 PM
The shugoki is still a very good hero.

After a parry, you don't even get your free GB or heavy m.. Not even a ****ing light attack. At least not, if you parry his attack in the open. He gets thrown back so far, that he is out if reach - even as a warden you can not reach him.
Only chance to punish him is with a zone attack.

Xynrex
03-17-2017, 12:06 AM
Nothing changed as far as I'm aware. I've been playing Shugoki for quite awhile and he's always had a rough time fighting off a gank. This is due to the extra damage he takes when his stance is removed. I'm not sure what the exact percentage is, but it almost feels like I take double the damage. Even though Shugoki has a 160HP, it's hard to call him a tank. His Hard to Kill Feat doesn't even do anything until he's at 100HP. Meanwhile, the Warlord is like a raid boss compared to everyone else.

Deadly: 15% damage increase.
Flesh Wound: 25% damage reduction.
Tough as Nails: +35 HP

With this alone he has a staggering 233EHP. This isn't even factoring in max defence gear either. He also doesn't take extra damage like Shugoki. Oh and let's not forget his self-revive.

I see a lot of complaints about gear balance but nobody ever seems to want to talk about feat balance.

Yep, I noticed that too.

He is a raid boss compared to others with his feats. It is unbalanced.