PDA

View Full Version : after today update...

Xand_One
03-15-2017, 07:52 PM
thisi is what i get from 3 games out of 7 (before update i was getting this like 1 out of 15-20 games)

http://i.imgur.com/jj52869.png

DrExtrem
03-15-2017, 08:16 PM
My input lag got even worse. Sometimes, the game dies not even register, that I am trying to combo.

I press right trigger and right trigger again - like every time - to perform a double heavy attack. Only the first strike is registered.

In addition, the bots not only still guard break into my strikes but now they guard break right after being hit by me. In addition, I am permanently out of stamina.

Offensive-word
03-15-2017, 08:19 PM
that's because you internet speed blows.
when the servers bog down it searches for the cause.
the jerk with the lowest speed usually gets dumped, so the server doesn't have to carry your crappy connection.

sometimes it will dump everyone because of this.
that's why I hate people with slow internet. people with anything under 30mbs should be blocked from a gaming server.

that's why dedicated servers sometimes suck.
A dedicated sever doesn't dump anyone because it can handle the work load. then you've got teleportation city.
people so damn slow you hit them 5 times then have to run around avoiding the peasant until his internet catches up, and the hits register.
resulting in a comical instant death.
then you get hate comments for lag switching, or cheating. #facepalm

dedicated servers suck. I'd much rather have the current servers for this game. I'd rather the server drop the peasants, and occasionally me, because of the peasants, then spend half an hour watching teleporting andy, and his incredible lag friends.

https://www.battleforthenet.com/images/change_avatar/avatar-black.gif

Xynrex
03-15-2017, 08:25 PM
the jerk with the lowest speed usually gets dumped, so the server doesn't have to carry your crappy connection.

that's why I hate people with slow internet. people with anything under 30mbs should be blocked from a gaming server.

A dedicated sever doesn't dump anyone because it can handle the work load. then you've got teleportation city.
people so damn slow you hit them 5 times then have to run around avoiding the peasant until his internet catches up, and the hits register.

dedicated servers suck. I'd much rather have the current servers for this game. I'd rather the server drop the peasants, and occasionally me, because of the peasants, then spend half an hour watching teleporting andy, and his incredible lag friends.

Pls dont talk if you have little knowledge about the things you speak.

thx, bye.

massive02
03-15-2017, 08:29 PM
seems fine to me. what graphics card are you running by the way?

ShadowFetus
03-15-2017, 09:09 PM
I'm having issues that I did not have prior to this patch.

Insane amount of disconnects and games crashing. PS4 here

CLaw2017
03-15-2017, 10:17 PM
Same. If I'm lucky, I finish HALF of the matches I start.

Ubisoft should be ashamed of the game they released. Truly ashamed.

XGreenSageX
03-15-2017, 10:27 PM
Your mileage may vary BUT ... MANY people are saying that restarting the game fixed the connection issues.

Reign
03-15-2017, 10:41 PM
I started the game fresh after the update and I can't say one way or the other that it's worse. Which is my way of saying I see no difference at all in the amount of re-synchs and error codes, still getting just as many after their update as I did before. And while I have defended the game in the past because it's been pretty stable on my end if I was Ubisoft I'd be a little red in the face about now.

On reddit they mentioned the patch may cause a graphics error with Conqueror dying but improve stability it did neither. Feelsbad.

Valtaya
03-15-2017, 10:53 PM
wow 30mbs, wonder what that would help, with the few bytes for honor sands back and forth, that bandwith... gues in some minds this have something to do with quality (aka speed)

Offensive-word
03-15-2017, 11:32 PM
Pls dont talk if you have little knowledge about the things you speak.

thx, bye.

lol.
what exactly do you think I don't understand?
dedicated servers can handle a lot more than shared servers, because its built specifically for one purpose. I'm aware that dedicated servers can also dump peasants. it's just less likely.
A server processes your input. the server decides when you jump, move, and so on based on your speed. resulting with slow teleporting andy, and his incredible lag friends.

tell me why you think what you do. or I will just cross you off as another idiot.

http://i.imgur.com/PmfTz2J.gif

Offensive-word
03-15-2017, 11:36 PM
wow 30mbs, wonder what that would help, with the few bytes for honor sands back and forth, that bandwith... gues in some minds this have something to do with quality (aka speed)

with a comment like that, I bet you see this all the time.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ec/80/8e/ec808eafacf521024f4a44823c26c612.jpg

UbiNoty
03-16-2017, 12:07 AM
Hi all - if you're seeing increased problems and errors post-maintenance, please help us by providing the following information:

Uplay username
Platform
Game modes you have the most trouble in
Any error codes you are receiving

You can leave it here or PM the details over to me. You can also always report it via support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315).
We'll be looking into this so your cooperation is much appreciated!

We_Wuz_Kongz
03-16-2017, 12:47 AM

You seem to be very ignorant to how dedicated servers and P2P actually work. I'm no expert, but at least take the time to research the basics before you give your input. You more than likely have a phone. That thing is a font of knowledge.

Dyn.
03-16-2017, 12:57 AM
Uplay username: Dyn.
Platform: PC
Game modes you have the most trouble in: all of them
Any error codes you are receiving: can't remember

srsly, It takes forever to try to find a game, and in the end, it says that some problem happened, back to menu
then I could get into a dominion, and as soon as it started, i'm out, because of some 00006000021 or something, I dont know

I'm giving up for now

pancakerz
03-16-2017, 01:18 AM
You seem to be very ignorant to how dedicated servers and P2P actually work. I'm no expert, but at least take the time to research the basics before you give your input. You more than likely have a phone. That thing is a font of knowledge.

he doesn't know the difference between ping and network speed, and he's a troll, don't even bother.
btw, my games rarely get dropped with 7mbps. gotta love small town internet.

Offensive-word
03-16-2017, 02:14 AM
he doesn't know the difference between ping and network speed, and he's a troll, don't even bother.
btw, my games rarely get dropped with 7mbps. gotta love small town internet.

https://halloweenshindig.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/tumblr_mm03cq8iir1rlct23o1_400.gif?w=842

pancakerz
03-16-2017, 02:33 AM
Just logged in for the first time today after the patch, and am getting incredible frame drops due to lag, while everyone apparently has green ping. Normally I maintain 60fps, but today it was dropping to mid 40's, and fluctuating like crazy.

Uplay username: pancakerz
Game modes you have the most trouble in: Only tried Elimination

Merc572
03-16-2017, 02:44 AM
Merc572
PS4
All game modes
I have open NAT, 300/100 net speeds.
Wasn't so bad before patch could prob finish 9/10 games before a crash.

Logged on today after patch, finished 2/10 games.

UbiNoty
03-16-2017, 02:52 AM
Thanks again guys! And remember, just in case I miss one of you, you can also always report it to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315). That way an official ticket will be logged with all the pertinent info.

FightingFerrets
03-16-2017, 03:03 AM
Thanks again guys! And remember, just in case I miss one of you, you can also always report it to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315). That way an official ticket will be logged with all the pertinent info.

Just started a thread titled "Info For Devs"....listed a bunch of info regarding an hour long playing session...please have a look.

gateless
03-16-2017, 05:23 AM
Also PS4, similar uptick in disconnects post-patch (now disconnecting in something like 70% of my 4v4 games). Not to mention that I have not finished a single game since the patch without several players being disconnected at some point.

KotoKuraken
03-16-2017, 05:47 AM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ec/80/8e/ec808eafacf521024f4a44823c26c612.jpg

I think I can explain it

*clears throat*

When a client attempts to connect to a server, it requires x speed to reliably connect to it. If client meets x speed, great! They have connected. However, extra speed on top of that does not improve connectivity. What it does do, is sort of guarantee that the client can still connect to the server when the speed dips down at a certain point in time.

That being said, I don't think you need 30 Mbps to reliably run a game. You could have 10 Mbps and still be fine. You could even have half of that and still be fine (though you'd be kind of cutting it close to the necessary buffer)

But this process goes the other way around, too. The servers you attempt a connection with need to push the same amount of speed per client, which means if it can't handle all the clients combined, then the server is going to falter and boot clients out of the server until it can handle it.

tl;dr You don't need super high Internet speeds, extra speed is just a buffer for Internet spikes. On the flipside, servers need to be able to handle the combined speed of everyone trying to connect, else it will kick people until it can

Valtaya
03-16-2017, 08:45 AM

Funny image. So let me exlain that to you.
Bandwith (aka 30mbs) are not going to help you in online games, just the connection quality is what matters. Truth be told, old 56k baud modems had a lower ping then todays fiber/cable/whatever.
The data load for online games is actualy quite low, except for patches, that can be quite large (some games like completely replace the client per patch). The data transfered in For Honor is much much lower then any regular MMO (like 1/3 of BDOs load), and it is even lower then League of Legends.

Bandwith helps you at your end, if there are more people using the same inet connection, or you doing something else on your rig (like downloading xyz). But usualy, if noone is downloading something and thus using up the bandwith, you will be fine (used to have 2mbps with 3 people in the house sharing the conn, always worked fine without any lag in any game, unless someone tried to watch a youtube vid, whatever).
Now I have 50mbps and there is no difference in gaming quality. Though, we can all watch/run yutube and still all play.
Bandwidth does not help you if you live in some large "apartment building" with like 500 different households who all use the internet. Since... well you have 30mbps, but so have the 499 other, but do you think the ISP provides 15.000mbps to your house alone, so all can use 30? What with all the other buildings in the street... that is why people, usualy, experience a performance drop in the afternoon.

Example:
Imagine this as a highway, traffic lanes are your bandwidth, your car is the quality of connection. If the conn quality is low (aka car is slow), no 10 traffic lanes are going to bring you to your destination faster. On the other hand, if you have the fastest car available, it helps nothing, if there are just 2 lanes and a traffic jam. And as to dedicated servers and p2p... if you are in western europe, and the server (dedicated or p2p host) in north america... you are screwed, x lanes (bandwith) and the fastest car will not help you, you would actualy need a jet.

Turric4n666
03-16-2017, 08:58 AM
back in my days, we played with 56kb/s and less whiney female dogs.
To get online you had to know what you are doing, so it was a very good filter in itself. Plug and Play is the downfall of humanity.

You don´t need 30 mbps to play For Honor, you need a good pc and low latency. Also you need people living close to your location who also meet the requirements. When you want to play from africa, you probably are having a bad time.

Also get your nat to yellow, it´s far better than green.

Valtaya
03-16-2017, 09:14 AM
Yellow? How so?

Turric4n666
03-16-2017, 09:16 AM
Yellow? How so?

you don´t get matched with strict nat people, increasing stability in this way. egoistic but so far i have no problem.

DrExtrem
03-16-2017, 09:50 AM
back in my days, we played with 56kb/s and less whiney female dogs.
To get online you had to know what you are doing, so it was a very good filter in itself. Plug and Play is the downfall of humanity.

You don´t need 30 mbps to play For Honor, you need a good pc and low latency. Also you need people living close to your location who also meet the requirements. When you want to play from africa, you probably are having a bad time.

Also get your nat to yellow, it´s far better than green.

Its not the speed of the connection. Its its quality and linking that's important.

Why is yellow NAT better? Serious question.

Turric4n666
03-16-2017, 10:06 AM
Its not the speed of the connection. Its its quality and linking that's important.

Why is yellow NAT better? Serious question.

Literally above you i gave you my reason.

DrExtrem
03-16-2017, 10:17 AM
Literally above you i gave you my reason.

The first part was meant to support your statement on connections.

I could not find an explanation on why a yellow NAT is better.

Turric4n666
03-16-2017, 10:19 AM
The first part was meant to support your statement on connections.

I could not find an explanation on why a yellow NAT is better.

You can't be serious right now. Direkt über deinem Post. Deiner folgt direkt auf meine Begründung.

Kelson27
03-16-2017, 10:19 AM

www.google.com

Educate yourself.

DrExtrem
03-16-2017, 10:56 AM
You can't be serious right now. Direkt über deinem Post. Deiner folgt direkt auf meine Begründung.

The quality of the connection and the NAT rating are different things.

A yellow NAT simply means, that some network features are not working within the xbox network - like chatting with strickt NAT clients. In addition, it is kess likely that you are going to host sessions.

That's it.

Turric4n666
03-16-2017, 11:05 AM
The quality of the connection and the NAT rating are different things.

A yellow NAT simply means, that some network features are not working within the xbox network - like chatting with strickt NAT clients. In addition, it is kess likely that you are going to host sessions.

That's it.

You will not get matched with strict nat, which is in my opinion a good thing and worth it. I can only say that all of my friends and me are sitting on yellow and all of us have just minor problems. We also can play internally, so we can host sessions.

DrExtrem
03-16-2017, 11:53 AM
And that's a propper explanation.

Turric4n666
03-16-2017, 11:55 AM
you don´t get matched with strict nat people, increasing stability in this way. egoistic but so far i have no problem.

Totaly not proper.

kfcheungyta
03-16-2017, 12:16 PM
Uplay username: kfcheungyta
Game modes you have the most trouble in: Dominion
Any error codes you are receiving: 0004000021

Astrolite.
03-16-2017, 05:39 PM
Username: Waytoobad_nl
Platform: PS4
Game modes: ALL 4 vs 4's
Error code: 000600037, 0006000039, 0006000067

SURESHOT22
03-16-2017, 05:45 PM
SURESHOT22
PS4
All 4v4 game modes
Error 18 mostly but now 37. 39

ParadigmFringe
03-16-2017, 06:43 PM
i play on xbone, and after the patch i noticed mad input lag, making parries and gb-counters nigh impossible. i'm not one of those casuals who complains about gb. hell, i use the lawbringer. i HAD to gitgud. but now i feel like i did before i understood GBs and parries. only this time i DO understand them and i have the reflexes to catch them, but the game hates me.

Newton_Ishii
03-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Same thing here, getting dc after dc when trying to play deathmatch or dominion...

WHICH WIRE DO I CUT?
-Ubi ppl trying to fix the game

DrExtrem
03-16-2017, 08:45 PM
i play on xbone, and after the patch i noticed mad input lag, making parries and gb-counters nigh impossible. i'm not one of those casuals who complains about gb. hell, i use the lawbringer. i HAD to gitgud. but now i feel like i did before i understood GBs and parries. only this time i DO understand them and i have the reflexes to catch them, but the game hates me.

Input lag from hell ... and I play vs. boys with matchmaking turned off. It's not a connection problem, its a game problem.

SyX_VulgarAjko
03-16-2017, 08:54 PM
Fcking hell dat rollbacks and input lags? ROLLBACKS LIKE A 5 SEC. AND MORE. DAMN FCK
ACC: FCK U
GAME: FCKING NO DESERVE MY MONEY
MODE: ALL FCK THIS BULL S H I T FROM DOMINION TO DUROTAR EVERYONE BLINKS,WAKE UP FROM EXECUTION,....

Offensive-word
03-18-2017, 06:03 AM
Funny image. So let me exlain that to you.
Bandwith (aka 30mbs) are not going to help you in online games, just the connection quality is what matters. Truth be told, old 56k baud modems had a lower ping then todays fiber/cable/whatever.
The data load for online games is actualy quite low, except for patches, that can be quite large (some games like completely replace the client per patch). The data transfered in For Honor is much much lower then any regular MMO (like 1/3 of BDOs load), and it is even lower then League of Legends.

Bandwith helps you at your end, if there are more people using the same inet connection, or you doing something else on your rig (like downloading xyz). But usualy, if noone is downloading something and thus using up the bandwith, you will be fine (used to have 2mbps with 3 people in the house sharing the conn, always worked fine without any lag in any game, unless someone tried to watch a youtube vid, whatever).
Now I have 50mbps and there is no difference in gaming quality. Though, we can all watch/run yutube and still all play.
Bandwidth does not help you if you live in some large "apartment building" with like 500 different households who all use the internet. Since... well you have 30mbps, but so have the 499 other, but do you think the ISP provides 15.000mbps to your house alone, so all can use 30? What with all the other buildings in the street... that is why people, usualy, experience a performance drop in the afternoon.

Example:
Imagine this as a highway, traffic lanes are your bandwidth, your car is the quality of connection. If the conn quality is low (aka car is slow), no 10 traffic lanes are going to bring you to your destination faster. On the other hand, if you have the fastest car available, it helps nothing, if there are just 2 lanes and a traffic jam. And as to dedicated servers and p2p... if you are in western europe, and the server (dedicated or p2p host) in north america... you are screwed, x lanes (bandwith) and the fastest car will not help you, you would actualy need a jet.

thanks for the schooling. so the server is always to blame? lag is never bandwidths fault? and what would be the jet equivalent to gbs?

https://media.giphy.com/media/sRWf3Oa9vW6Xu/giphy.gif