PDA

View Full Version : Could For Honor use a Demo to bring more players?

S8Canadian
03-15-2017, 04:53 PM
Hi,

I find some of the reviews a little bit dishonest and comments pretty misleading. I have talked to some folks who simple think the game is silly. I thought so too until I tried it. I believe if there was a demo (possibly of dominion with bots that they could pick the level of the bot) it would get out to more people and thus be more of a success. I want this game to do well because I think it's one of the most innovative games on console in a while. I don't believe the reviews gave it enough props for being different and a great new IP.

NeoLocutus
03-15-2017, 05:08 PM
No, I'd rather not release any demo now if I were Ubisoft.
In the current state of the game, a demo would make more players literally flee after seeing how broken the netcode is.

In a demo you would like to show the qualities that this game SURELY has, like game modes, combat mechanics etc.
A demo now would only show errors, lag and disconnections.

S8Canadian
03-15-2017, 05:55 PM
I don't have many of those issues. once a night maybe and I've spent 4 or more hours a night since release. I noticed that if the host dashboards, or records, or opens a text message it seems to cause issues for the game.

Kitsune..
03-15-2017, 06:32 PM
The first mission from the campaign can be a nice demo :D

DizzleFresh13
03-15-2017, 06:47 PM
I wouldnt release a demo either, due to its current networking problems.

However, the game is really, really good. I've seen plenty of games go from being hated on release and then making a triumphant return months later, after some patching and added content. ESO is an example.

All of the reviews I've seen have given For Honor 7.5's or higher. Goes to show that it's actually a great game with some hiccups. It's definitely not a game for everyone but hopefully if the issues get fixed, a demo would be a solid way to convert some ppl who are on the fence.