PDA

View Full Version : Eric Popes answeres during yesterdays livestream, Thanks Eric!

WheepingSong
03-15-2017, 01:26 PM
To all you guys who felt the livestream yesterday was a let down:

Eric Pope was in twtich chat answering a ton of questions and giving us all the information we were wanting to find on the stream:

So as people pointed out that EricPope gave some info on the chat that wasn't covered on the stream and I didn't include on the stream tl;dr I'm now handing you EricPope's interaction with chat during today's stream.
I tried to include only the interactions that were not obvious trolling or *****ing at him.
I know formatting is horrible I DID try to make it less heavy

geekandproud: how are the player numbers doing huh, hows the declining?
ericpope: numbers are doing well considering all the amazing game releases coming out actually
geekandproud: why was the player count removed, got something to hide?
ericpope: nope, it was actually a bug that we left it in at launch. was only put in during testing to monitor populations
ericpope: but of course i understand how that looks to remove it

lordxporksword: do you know if orochi will ever be receiving any type of buff to make him viable in top level play? Just wana know if I should continue playing him or drop him and switch to warlord
ericpope: re: orochi the fight team is constantly looking at the gameplay data so for sure if it's found to need a tweak it will get one

lordxporksword: one more question, will the rewards for winning a round in the faction war always be crates? I only ask because I don't think I'm the only one who has already max geared the characters they play the most and crates just aren't that useful at that point
ericpope: a good quesiton. for now it's definitely crates, but we will keep an eye out, there's a chance we rework some thing between seasons

jofunukun: Will the rewards program ever be extended outside the US?
ericpope: they extended it to canada a bit, but I am not sure beyond that, sorry

jpo101: have you considered giving personal rewards for contributing to the faction war? It almost feels like i'm not contributing with the way it is set up
ericpope: do you mean for top contributors or something?
jpo101: it could be top contributors or even a faction war level or something. so as you deploy more assets you unlock stuff or get steel.
ericpope: cool idea! i'll pass it to Damien and the team

akinos9415: will there be an update on revenge gear stats on this stream?
ericpope: i don't believe we'll have the exact info on this stream but it's coming in the next live update

I'm adding this one simply cuz it made me smile:
(ericpope reacting to the chat being impressed at how alex actually seemed to be decent at playing this game)
ericpope: for all the people who made fun of me last week this is why we got alex to come on and play instead lol

swagarmyil: will we have for honor ESL?
ericpope: we're focusing on making everybody's experience a lot smoother before diving into serious esports stuff
dashu16: probably a smart move but please spectator mode :( We're struggling here with tournament organizing
ericpope: yup that's def on the radar here

dr_juke: Can you confirm the ninja and centurion classes are going to be implemented into the game? :D
ericpope: whoa those sound like cool ideas for characters

eshylar1992: I guess many people are watching the stream to hear about new info and are just waiting. So Could you tell us if there will be any new info after the games or not? get well!
ericpope: i believe for today's show they've covered the new stuff (content coming thursday) and for the rest of the show it will be gameplay and community spotlights

guillotin27: what's coming thursday? i missed it :c
ericpope: new emotes

caesuh: any plans on adding new effects? :)
ericpope: yeah! we added one last week already!
caesuh: which one?
ericpope: whirlwind

aliens218: Any plans for new ornaments?
ericpope: certainly. each character got a new one last week and we'll add more over time
aliens218: d-do you know when? I desperately need new Warden ornaments
ericpope: yeah last friday
aliens218: oh no, I mean like. upcoming ornaments
ericpope: ah not sure yet myself.

jpo101: thanks for responding to us here in chat... any idea of when we should expect to see any major changes in the game?
ericpope: live update coming soon (hopefully this week) will have some good stuff, like the revenge stat rebalance on gear stats, and there will be some other fixes in there i am looking forward to sharing when we can (they are still working on it)
ericpope: we'll continue to do full title updates like v1.03 was, which will include swaths of bug fixes and more balance changes

jughurtti: Fingers crossed for the "debuff resistance" fix FrankerZ
ericpope: i'll see what we can do :)

veerdincain: is it a full on rework or just an adjustment? and for that matter, are you even allowed to talk about that? Seems like nobody can talk about anything on this damn stream...
ericpope: it'sonly because they are still working on it! we don't want to give you incorrect information

breikas: Are there changes in the work to counter the defensive meta a bit? Don't need details, just need to know if there are things in the work for the base gameplay, regardless of classes. ty!
ericpope: yes, Roman is very focused on this

rabidcrippler40: when are we getting more characters ?
ericpope: season 2!

geekandproud: whats the deal with warden doing more damage than the lawbringer buy swinging 3x faster?
ericpope: sadly, balance-specific questions like this one are sadly outside my expertise, sorry

vodakhun: ranked queues when?
ericpope: sorry i don't have a date for you on that!

king__keen: hey bro, any plans for a ranked/competetive game mode in the future? if announced i missed it.
ericpope: yes! we do have such a mode in the works, just no release date yet

veerdincain: are we going to get any changes to skirmish mode to make it more paletable?
ericpope: do you have suggestions to make it more enjoyable for you?
veerdincain: yes, actually: For one thing, Skirmish matches last waaaaay too long, so either reduce the overall point requirements or increase the points given to make them go faster.
ericpope: was hoping you'd say that. we got something in the works in this next live update for this specific point :)

king__keen: got another question for ya bro, any plans on implementing either a penalty for leaving games, or a bonus for staying in a lobby in the future?
ericpope: yep, working on it currently!
veerdincain: regarding that penalty, how does the system intend to differentiate between people who get disconnected due to errors vs those who disconnect naturally? Because afaik there's no real way to discern that in game
ericpope: we can definitely discern quitting from disconnects

daitanis: I know this may have been touched on, but is there any thought of removing the XP the AFK farmers accrued when cheating, rather than just issuing them a warning? The verbal threat seemed a rather light punishment
ericpope: yes we are discussing this internally now, i share your opinion

tiff92_: I appreciate all the help you give the community regarding questions and what not. Will there be any news regarding the viking maps that were removed from rotation in the near future?
ericpope: hoping to have news on that this week

woogy1: is there a list of ports to open to improve gameplay experience on For Honor?
ericpope: there is! we just updated the articles on our support site

(I don't remember anything about a document, anyone knows what this is about?)
veerdincain: is this the document you guys mentioned last week or is that something seperate?
ericpope: yeah that document is still coming, got sadly delayed as we were checking into specific ports

kemaic: any plans to make hidden stance easier on console?
ericpope: yes i believe there is a bug with the hidden stance that will be addressed in an upcoming patch

hoovaah: what's the logic in it splitting the part up after a match if there's not enough players for a new match instead of it automatically requeing your party
ericpope: not sure about the logic but we're working on fixing that :)

nocturnaldabber: will there be new effects in upcoming patch?
ericpope: we just released a new effect on friday, more will come

jpo101: do you know if ranked mode will include gear rating? will there be any 4v4 modes that don't include gear?
ericpope: for the ranked modes, i don't know yet. they are very aware what the community wants though, i yell it all the time :P

geekandproud: will there ever be a spectator mode?
ericpope: yep, working on it

klyka: hey eric, can you do me a favor and tell the devs about the bug the latest patch implemented where even with the entire UI turned off, the spectator will still see a huge red skull and the button prompts on the screen?
ericpope: weird, yes i'll pass that on

moctuzuma: The team have any comments on the connection issues?
ericpope: i've been commenting ono it throughout this chat, but yes. we know it's the top issue in the community and the team here in montreal is treating it as their very highest priority to improve. the fact of the matter is, improvements are done over a variety of different places, so there's no one single fix for it

Big thanks to Oimetra09 on reddit for putting this up.

Edit: Here's the official link btw: https://www.reddit.com/r/ForHonorMETA/comments/5zfobp/most_of_ericpopes_twitch_chat_interactions/

NiteShadeCG
03-15-2017, 01:50 PM
"ericpope: we can definitely discern quitting from disconnects"

This is great to hear.

WheepingSong
03-15-2017, 01:54 PM

This is great to hear.

Indeed, guess yesterday's stream wasn't that bad at all.

Turric4n666
03-15-2017, 01:58 PM
Cool thanks for the effort to poste it here!
Indeed interesting to read

WheepingSong
03-15-2017, 02:31 PM
Although having posted this, people are still ranting on "Today's Warriors Den was somewhat of a letdown"......

Turric4n666
03-15-2017, 02:37 PM
Although having posted this, people are still ranting on "Today's Warriors Den was somewhat of a letdown"......

That's because people want to rant, disregarding information. Just ignore it.

Ubi-Gaidheal
03-15-2017, 02:53 PM
Thanks for posting this @WheepingSong, Eric will be happy to hear his foray into Twitch chat was well received :)

WheepingSong
03-15-2017, 02:58 PM
Thanks for posting this @WheepingSong, Eric will be happy to hear his foray into Twitch chat was well received :)

Pleasure, keep it up! Loving the game.

His answers on the chat were great. It's always nice to hear what the devs are doing and that they are working on making this game more enjoyable for everyone.

Buccs99
03-15-2017, 03:04 PM
I appreciate the answers to the questions from frustrated players. a lot of people would avoid them. however, it's the frustrated players that are your biggest supporters. they want to be able to enjoy it. knowing that the connectivity issues is one of the biggest priorities is helpful. even if they are kindve the "ticky-tack" answers, it's acknowledged. ill take that for now.

Veerdin-Wraith
03-15-2017, 03:05 PM
(I don't remember anything about a document, anyone knows what this is about?)
veerdincain: is this the document you guys mentioned last week or is that something seperate?
ericpope: yeah that document is still coming, got sadly delayed as we were checking into specific ports

The "Document" is something they bought up last stream. Apparently they have a list of things that people can do to help increase their NAT level and were going to release it to the public in a big document here on the forums. Seeing as they bought it up last livestream, people had been expecting it sometime last week, but apparently it got delayed because of some incorrect details or something. No word on when we'll have it, sadly.

CLaw2017
03-15-2017, 03:07 PM
Wow. If this satisfies you, no wonder we get fleeced by so many AAA developers.

SpaceElephant
03-15-2017, 03:25 PM
Hi guys, thanks for your support! Yesterday's stream was not news heavy, but our goal moving forward is to get more devs to answer questions live. We want it to be a weekly rendez-vous with you guys, where we talk about the game, play live and show some cool community creations. Tune in for next week!

RatedChaotic
03-15-2017, 03:49 PM
Lmao @ afk farmers thinking they are free and clear with just a warning. Tho I'll believe it all when I see it.

Ichnich89
03-15-2017, 04:09 PM
Nice read. What I really would like to see is a list of things the devs are working on, whith priority numbers. Like they did with rainbow6.

But still. Good job on answering all these questions Eric. I can't really imagine how it must be to read through all the sh*tposts and stuff from people here and twitch.
Keep it up.
That list would still be nice though :)

Xynrex
03-15-2017, 04:13 PM

This is great to hear.

I highly doubt that.

There is no single game out there that can definitly discern quitting from disconnects. Only if you leave through the menu.

There are plenty of other ways.

When it comes out I will test it and we will see :D

Dude_of_Valor
03-15-2017, 04:28 PM
Great read. Just hope ranked 1v1 matches still have gear disabled.

massive02
03-15-2017, 04:31 PM
really great post OP, very informative and great to keep the info spreading

Turric4n666
03-15-2017, 04:37 PM
Great read. Just hope ranked 1v1 matches still have gear disabled.

I instantly Uninstall if that gets changed.

DizzleFresh13
03-15-2017, 04:47 PM
Eric did an amazing job answering all our questions. He may not be the best For Honor player but I can see why he's the community manager.

Ubi-Gaidheal
03-15-2017, 05:28 PM
Eric did an amazing job answering all our questions. He may not be the best For Honor player but I can see why he's the community manager.

He and Emile (SpaceElephant) are our Community Developers, based in Montreal with the game devs :)

Y4chi.OwO
03-15-2017, 05:39 PM
You wanna know how many we are ?

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Ichnich89
03-15-2017, 05:56 PM
You wanna know how many we are ?

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

On steam yeah. But how many people are playing on ubi play? This steam statistic is just stupid. Don't use it.

IamheiN
03-15-2017, 06:03 PM
Awesome content coming, thanks for your hard work!

Captain-Courage
03-15-2017, 07:50 PM
On steam yeah. But how many people are playing on ubi play? This steam statistic is just stupid. Don't use it.

Less than 50 % of PC playerbase, since Steam represents more than half of said playerbase

http://www.githyp.com/for-honor-player-and-viewer-count-launch-numbers/

https://www.pcgamesn.com/for-honor/for-honor-steam-player-base-uplay

It was easy to tell when the numbers were avalaible IG.
They aren't anymore.
This is not a bug that went through release.
This is damage control.
Totally understandable since the numbers and even more the retention rates are quite disapointing indeed.

Illyrian_King
03-15-2017, 10:52 PM
Is there a way you can add questions for for the next Warriors Den?

HarambeVendetta
03-15-2017, 11:22 PM
Does anyone actually belive that the playercounter got removed because it was only inteded for the test versions? lol
I really can't respect any of the devs, if they can't face that they ****ed up, and even go as far as lying into our faces.

Gray360UK
03-15-2017, 11:29 PM
Does anyone actually belive that the playercounter got removed because it was only inteded for the test versions?

Not for one second.

invalid target0
03-16-2017, 12:51 AM
Not for one second.

I don't either.

They have the bones of something great here but they'll ruin it if they allow the same inexperienced or inept people to continue leading it. Several of the problems plaguing FO could have been seen a mile away ..like the defensive meta, gear, revenge tuning, connectivity and balance, holy crap the balance is horrendous. The fact that they seem unprepared for these issues sounds like a team better equipped for concept than execution. I'd love to see a new lead, new balance guys brought on board. They have diamond in the rough right now, if they polish it we all win.

Bob__Gnarly
03-16-2017, 01:22 AM
Does anyone actually belive that the playercounter got removed because it was only inteded for the test versions? lol
I really can't respect any of the devs, if they can't face that they ****ed up, and even go as far as lying into our faces.

It's obviously pure coincidence that they removed the player count when the population started crashing. Sometimes I can search for a hour looking for a game of 4v4 (any mode) and match making keeps failing to find anything. The funny thing is the status will say 'Very high activity', but still cannot find a game. I spose Ubi and I have different definitions of very high.

IzunaDrop25
03-16-2017, 01:52 AM
Make this offline as well, DRM is ********