PDA

View Full Version : Faction War Explained in Extensive Detail

sykout25
03-15-2017, 09:55 AM
Pointless time sink for 2 weeks, as the final 1-2 rounds is all that matters.

guffffff
03-15-2017, 10:18 AM
that it?

Alusi_UK
03-15-2017, 10:37 AM
Whole thing with FW is a total waste of time, round rewards are rubbish and as there is no info given by Ubi on end of season rewards then we can safely assume that they will be rubbish as well.

FW war is not worth your time manually assigning war assets after each game. Totally pointless visual fluff system. GJ Ubi.

If Ubi want to explain how FW really works and a full description the reward system and loot available then I will take my comments back. Until then Ubi your FW is pants.

Yarzahn
03-15-2017, 11:45 AM
Pointless time sink for 2 weeks, as the final 1-2 rounds is all that matters.

The whole system was probably designed on the back of a napkin during lunch break.

Feels like whoever was in charge of designing it just procrastinated, surfed the web all his work time then the last 10 minutes presented this gem.
I love how player contribution over 2 weeks of war asset deployment is completely ignored. You know, give the guy deploying war assets systematically over 2 weeks the same rewards as the guy that logged on once and completed a match.

It's just like Ubisoft to half-arse and ruin everything. They had a brilliant game here. Probably the start of a new fighting genre. Truly magnificent raw gameplay. But everything thrown away.

They decide to make single player non-existant and focus on multiplayer.
That's cool.
But then there are no servers.
There is no matchmaking.
There is no ranked mode or tournament.

HEY GENIUSES, IF YOU WANT A GAME TO FOCUS ON MULTIPLAYER, YOU NEED TO PROVIDE PROPER MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMS AKA MATCHMAKING, RANKED SYSTEM AND STABLE SERVERS

Oh and lets not forget the greedy steel microtransaction system. Want to upgrade your gear? 10k steel. Want to change the VISUAL of ONE item? 500 steel. Want a bloody pretty-flowery-unicorn ornament on your girly tiny teeny head? 3k steel.
It's quite sickening.
All this absence of content wrapped behind a 60€ game with a +30 € season pass.

The whole worthless half-arsed "faction war" is just another drop in the big bucket of disappointment.

They should really take a lesson from blizzard and overwatch, a proper multiplayer game, with proper servers, constant balanced updates, FREE EXTRA CONTENT, constant free loot boxes.
Spending money on loot boxes there during events feels fair, It's actually a pleasure for me to support blizzard, for a well nourished game.
On Steel packs i will never waste a cent, just because the whole malicious system is designed to drive me to do it.

I'm sure right now there are a bunch of companies working on clones of this game, taking the core gameplay, which is awesome, and actually making a good complete game with it. Too bad it will take atleast +2-3 years to deliver.

Turric4n666
03-15-2017, 12:03 PM
I realized after two games that global war is not worth any attention. I just occasionally do place assets manually for the achievements..

\_(ツ)_/

Captain-Courage
03-15-2017, 01:58 PM
Meanwhile at Ubisoft's office, game design department, weekly Faction Wars design team meeting

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/fb/c3/3f/fbc33fa0175722567cee455c55aa83ab.jpg

BigFatLion
03-15-2017, 02:29 PM
Yup... and I was one of the suckers who thought it was the balance of all gained/lost territories over the course of a turn... but nooo: only the last few hours matter...

Simply will not give a rat's too-too to FW until we have a better system. And by that I mean:
- something that gives meaning to deploying assets over the whole time of a turn, *and*
- rewards that properly scale to players' commitment to the FW...

Else, it is truly *pointless*.

Yarzahn
03-15-2017, 02:37 PM
Meanwhile at Ubisoft's office, game design department, weekly Faction Wars design team meeting

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/fb/c3/3f/fbc33fa0175722567cee455c55aa83ab.jpg

I'm not completely sure they even bothered to "come to a conclusion".
Probably don't respect the players enough to give it another 5 seconds thought.
My 9 year old nephew could have designed a more meaningful faction war system. By himself. Probably faster than he could finish his 4th grade school homework. It's like "here are some pretend assets that don't really do anything for you".

Even the shadiest mobile F2P game could design a smarter form of timesinking