PDA

View Full Version : How in god's name do you server chat??

LinkZeppeloyd
03-15-2017, 07:46 AM
Hi all,

So at about 90 hours in, I've finally realized that I can't server chat. I'm on PC. Everything i've typed in this game has been team chat. In my options keybinding menu, the ONLY chat option I see says "text chat" and the key is U. I have no option for team vs server chat.

So I ask people in game, how to server chat? They say "T" and "Tab." I'm like ok, i'll hit those. Nope. Nothing. Nada. Neither does anything at all, nor do I see any option for T or Tab or server chat in options/key binding menu.

I can't take it anymore! Just how in god's name do you friggin SERVER CHAT??

massive02
03-15-2017, 07:55 AM
Press "T" and then shift to change chat modes.

Turric4n666
03-15-2017, 08:23 AM
Press "T" and then shift to change chat modes.

It's tab for me

LinkZeppeloyd
03-15-2017, 06:01 PM
It's tab for me

It's neither for me. Neither Tab nor T do anything at all. Even in the keybind menu... only option is "Text Chat" and that's team chat! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

Peanut-uk
03-15-2017, 07:58 PM
It's neither for me. Neither Tab nor T do anything at all. Even in the keybind menu... only option is "Text Chat" and that's team chat! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

It annoyed me for ages because you expect it to be a separate button like other games, but because it's made for consoles that have limited buttons both chats share a button, then when you are in the team chat, press Tab and it will change from team to all.

Why this is not explained anywhere I have no idea, but it's unintuitive and needs to at least be a hint on the loading screen.

LinkZeppeloyd
03-15-2017, 08:44 PM
It annoyed me for ages because you expect it to be a separate button like other games, but because it's made for consoles that have limited buttons both chats share a button, then when you are in the team chat, press Tab and it will change from team to all.

Why this is not explained anywhere I have no idea, but it's unintuitive and needs to at least be a hint on the loading screen.

Thank you, finally figured this out today in-game. The part I was not understanding was that you have to press tab while having "team chat" bar open. There are no indicators of this, no keybinding, and it's also just ridiculous.

Turric4n666
03-16-2017, 09:00 AM
Thank you, finally figured this out today in-game. The part I was not understanding was that you have to press tab while having "team chat" bar open. There are no indicators of this, no keybinding, and it's also just ridiculous.

blizzard does that for ages now.