PDA

View Full Version : Fair Kensei Buff/Fix !

Epoqx
03-15-2017, 03:55 AM
Hiya,

I don't know if it has already been proposed, but like all Kensei mains out there knows, that character got no real way to fight toe to toe HL with a lot of other classes. Not because the Kensei as low damage, low attack speed or any sort of things like that. But because he cannot open by himself a fight, he needs to force the opening. Means he needs to take much more risks than others to expect dealing some damage.

Actually, in skilled vs skilled duel, the only ways for us to force an opening that can follow to some damage are :

- Feint into top light / Feint into Feint into Top Light
- Feint into GB into Side Heavy into Feinted Heavy into GB (add feint everywhere)
- Feint into Parried Heavy.
= Well you got it, the key is feint mastering.

Except that part of engaging a fight, he's fair (stats wise) and any kind of number buff could drasticaly make him move from low tier to top tier. This leads to my 2 next ideas.

Stamina cost reduction or stamina pool buff :
If the Kensei is supposed to be the feinting master, why not giving him the stamina to help feint spamming then ? By either giving him more stamina, or reduce the stamina costs of feints, that class would have more feinting possibilities = more opening possibilities. This would reward the player for his risks and knowledge, without changing any critical values (HP, Speed, Attack...).

New opening ability after feint-combo :
I will even go further and ask : If the Kensei is struggling to open fights, why not giving him an ability like the warden's shoulder charge or the WL's headstuff ? Implanting such skill would be interesting, but only if it could be launched/unlocked after using a feint-combo trick, so that the feinting mechanic would still be here, and reward the player for the risks he takes and the knowledge he have, without changing any critical values (HP, Speed, Attack...).

I really like the fact that the Kensei is forced to use feints everywhere and be creative with it to actually be good, and these 2 ideas would really respect that identity.
They would reward the players that master the feints, without giving him some kind of overpoweredness.

Samurais got the fast and deadly Orochi, the venomous long range Nobushi, the tanky protector Shugoki... Why not Kensei, the mastermind-player ?

EDIT : I apologize for the mistakes if i made some, english isn't my native language, and it took me quite some time to actually correct everything i could. Thanks for reading this, hope it could give some more argumentations that leads to some good ideas.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-15-2017, 04:18 AM
Feint is a pretty powerful ability tho making a class a feint masterling might be a lil much

Tomas_Jari
03-15-2017, 09:59 AM
You have right with all you wrote. I use Kensei as my main cos he is the most stylish class and I liked his long katana. He looks really cool. And I enjoy fighting with him, too. But yes. When I fight with some good warden. He has soulder bash and he is really quick+his zone attack. I have sometimes no chance. When he is aggresive.

But I don't care. It would be nice if Ubi add to Kensei some more features or faster side lights. Ok, good warden beats me, but I am enjoying it even with that.

Sabre.401
03-15-2017, 10:49 AM
I thought about switching from my main to another character. I decided to choose the kensai.
This is by far the easiest character in the game and in my opinion he dont need a buff, lol. I dominanted rep 2 guys with a character with a playtime of 3 hours. His damage in comparison with speed is rediculous.
Pissin me of that all characters u mostly see in matches are kensai, orochi and pk. I think they are overplayed for a reason.

Epoqx
03-15-2017, 11:03 AM
@Simi_Xiamara_ Like any sort of buff, it can be overpowered. The difference about this fix, is that it rewards the player for being skilled and taking some risks each times he feint. It won't boost the character so that new players can spam a button and just destroy everything, but encourage new Kensei players to train that character even more if they want more opportunities.

@Sabre.401 Reputation means barely nothing. Wait to face really high level opponent, u'll see that what i wrote, and what a lot of people complain about, is true. You probably have a good feeling with that char ! For exemple I can play Kensei, Orochi, WL MUCH easier than the warden, because i got the good feeling with 'em and simply can't play the warden correctly.

Is there a way to move that topic to Samurai's Section ? Missclicked the General Talk

DrinkinMehStella
03-15-2017, 11:15 AM
great post i agree with everything you said. i main kensei and since his nerf i stopped using him until they buff again.

Sabre.401
03-15-2017, 12:16 PM
You stop playing ur main because they nerved him ? 😂
God there are people they are rly ****ed up. Cant imagine how u behave in rl
They never nerf characters if there isnt a balancing problem
How about improve ur skill and try to beat other even with the nerf ?

DrinkinMehStella
03-15-2017, 01:01 PM
You stop playing ur main because they nerved him ? ��
God there are people they are rly ****ed up. Cant imagine how u behave in rl
They never nerf characters if there isnt a balancing problem
How about improve ur skill and try to beat other even with the nerf ?

Erm yea, he is maxed out gear score 108 what's next? stay bored and use a character who was already not the best and now even worse. Go over to the samurai section and check out what other say about kensei. I think whats really F***ed up is that somehow with out knowing me you have made the assumption that i behave a certain way in real life. its a GAME pal, if i want to change character then i can, i will have my reason as my reason is valid to me not you.

Sabre.401
03-15-2017, 01:21 PM
Hilarious when u come with arguments and then people going to switch from what they said.
1st u said that u stop playin until they buff him again, because they nerfed him and now u say that u stopped playin him because u maxed him out ?!
Yeah I made an assumption and it doesnt matter if this is a game or not. This is a forum and they way you act here, says something about ur personality.
You seem to be a person who stops doing things because they become some kind of more difficult 😂👍🏻
Anyways dont want to judge
Just my opinion

DrinkinMehStella
03-15-2017, 01:37 PM
Hilarious when u come with arguments and then people going to switch from what they said.
1st u said that u stop playin until they buff him again, because they nerfed him and now u say that u stopped playin him because u maxed him out ?!
Yeah I made an assumption and it doesnt matter if this is a game or not. This is a forum and they way you act here, says something about ur personality.
You seem to be a person who stops doing things because they become some kind of more difficult ������
Anyways dont want to judge
Just my opinion

You say you don't judge but that exactly what you did, i'm a friendly person and all of my criticism is constructive to my own opinion, by you saying that im F****ed up and judging me on how i behave in real life is a bit immature, By me switching a character in a game for whatever reason has nothing to do with real life. On topic i have a load of reason why i switched my character, he is maxed out, i feel his nerf affects my gameplay, i got bored of him, he is not the best for high level plays etc

Read the title of this thread Kensai Buff/Fix its seems like i'm not the only one who thinks he need to be fixed.

Chaos_Model
03-15-2017, 01:56 PM
Get a room you two.
The point of this post was the validity of giving the class reduced stamina consumption for feints, which I whole-heartedly disagree with. You propose on doing this so you can open with attacks, umm, whats wrong with just parrying once your opponent does? From there it's pretty simple from my viewpoint. No class should have every option, it's called a weakness, learn to compensate.

IMMA_MAILGEYMER
03-15-2017, 02:47 PM
Kensei looks interesting and fun to play. I used to play as Warden, but after reaching 4 level prestige it got old. I also tried Valkyrie before 1.03 and it felt good and refreshing compared to Warden xD, Now i'm not playing her anymore because of all those tweaks(i'd like a challenging hero to play with). So definetely Kensei will be the next to help improve my feint play, even tho feints shouldn't be the main tool for a hero and as Epoqx said he kind of needs a good opening move.

DrinkinMehStella
03-15-2017, 02:52 PM
Kensei looks interesting and fun to play. I used to play as Warden, but after reaching 4 level prestige it got old. I also tried Valkyrie before 1.03 and it felt good and refreshing compared to Warden xD, Now i'm not playing her anymore because of all those tweaks(i'd like a challenging hero to play with). So definetely Kensei will be the next to help improve my feint play, even tho feints shouldn't be the main tool for a hero and as Epoqx said he kind of needs a good opening move.

Helm splitter to start always gets me a free hit Dash forward light attack

Dry.Fish
03-15-2017, 04:11 PM
What was the nerf/bug the top heavy unblockable feint to top heavy unblockable? Most Kensei's will parry you and do much better feints then what the supposably nerf was.

S8Canadian
03-15-2017, 04:56 PM
I personally fear a good kensie. He hits really hard, and that side dodge attack is nearly as annoying as an assassin. Not sure, but he is the only vanguard who can do that?

The feats he has are top notch too. Best feat in the game - all unblockable attacks. If they were to tweak him, I'd like to see that feat stripped :P

Epoqx
03-15-2017, 07:04 PM
I personally fear a good kensie. He hits really hard, and that side dodge attack is nearly as annoying as an assassin. Not sure, but he is the only vanguard who can do that?

The feats he has are top notch too. Best feat in the game - all unblockable attacks. If they were to tweak him, I'd like to see that feat stripped :P

The side dash light is predictable as hell, and all the unblockables type attacks are easy to predict when u made few games vs a Kensei. All of these attacks aren't viable at high level, you even need to feint all of them just to ensure a side heavy or top light.

Meaning that you use a lot of stamina just to get a little damage.

KnifeInUrNeck
03-15-2017, 10:25 PM
Kensai is good at stomping players in a cluster **** or that aren't used to fighting him. Most people familiar with his small move set can counter him pretty hard.